Well... Looks like we're not getting a new tablet anytime soon.

A new BlackBerry tablet? Don't bet on it | Mobile - CNET News
    01-31-13 02:46 PM
    Please let them concentrate on one device at a time.
    01-31-13 02:48 PM
    Well... Looks like we're not getting a new tablet anytime soon.

A new BlackBerry tablet? Don't bet on it | Mobile - CNET News
    ............but we WILL get a BB10 update for the PlayBook.
    01-31-13 03:13 PM
    CNET.....

enough said
    vespajet likes this.
    01-31-13 03:18 PM
    This speculation can/will go on forever. If BB10 flies off of shelves anything is possible, if not, who knows what's coming? Internally there are many plans, seeing them through is an entirely different proposition.
    01-31-13 03:25 PM
    Are there people who truly thought that a new Blackberry tablet was in the cards at this stage in the game? I find that utterly astonishing given the saga of the Playbook. It's not that I don't want a new tablet from Blackberry; I certainly do. But you would have to be certifiably delusional to think that one was going to be released anytime soon. Too much damage done to their brand via the Playbook. Launching of a completely new OS. Attempting to communicate to those on the edge of staying or leaving Blackberry why OS10 is enough to keep them Blackberry users. Attempting to regain market share in countries who have decidedly gone to other systems. These are just some of the items that Blackberry has to work on. A new tablet would be an additional drain and distraction for a company that, quite frankly, already has enough issues to deal with.

If BB10 is as successful as is hoped; that is, it manages to rejuvenate interest in the Blackberry brand by convincing consumers that BB is still relevant, then yes, I could see them releasing a new companion tablet for their phones. But this is certainly not going to happen anytime soon.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    01-31-13 04:08 PM
    All I care about is getting BB10 to run on the BB tablet I've already purchased, without the cheetah-flips of the unauthorized install that's floating out there.
    01-31-13 04:10 PM
    Thor himself in a interview today stated that Blackberry will expand into other forms of mobile computing other than just mobile phones.
    01-31-13 04:39 PM
    Please let them concentrate on one device at a time.
    Maybe one day they will be able to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. Of interest though is the overall concept of tablet computing replacing the old PC. We need tablets unless the phone screens get bigger. This applies to me especially when today I noticed I need stronger reading glasses. lol.
    01-31-13 04:45 PM
    Thor himself in a interview today stated that Blackberry will expand into other forms of mobile computing other than just mobile phones.
    This is very interesting for me. I'm really excited about the future of computing and the future of technology. The question for me is what will they do other than another playbook if they want to stay focused on mobile computing? Very interesting. This applies to all manufacturers wanting to stay ahead of the game and competition. I can't wait to see how this all plays out in the future.
    01-31-13 04:48 PM
    RIM/BB will have another Tablet if they want to compete as a Mobile Platform. I'm sure there are devices waiting in the wings. BUT first they need to prove that they can compete one just smartphones, if they can't do that what good would a tablet do.

Of course not having a tablet IS GOING TO HURT THEM. Many business are switching from laptops to tablets for their employes, so not having a devices on a platform that has the needed applications is allowing other platforms to move into an occupy the space that RIM wants to control. They really need to keep the current PlayBook in production and get BB10 on it quickly.
    01-31-13 05:04 PM
    scalemaster34

RIM/BB will have another Tablet if they want to compete as a Mobile Platform. I'm sure there are devices waiting in the wings. BUT first they need to prove that they can compete one just smartphones, if they can't do that what good would a tablet do.

Of course not having a tablet IS GOING TO HURT THEM. Many business are switching from laptops to tablets for their employes, so not having a devices on a platform that has the needed applications is allowing other platforms to move into an occupy the space that RIM wants to control. They really need to keep the current PlayBook in production and get BB10 on it quickly.

I disagree with your opinion. If BlackBerry want to be taken seriously again then a complete mobile solution was the way to go. It's no good having it waiting in the wings, people can't buy it from there ! And to compete with the big two they need to offer similar products. iPhone has the iPad and Samsung who have just become market leaders also have both Smart Phones and Tablet... If BlackBerry want to compete then they got to be on an even playing field.

There is an ever increasing need for mobile computing, tablets are fast becoming an essential part of that growth. The tablet is fast taking over from the laptop, they are literally go anywhere devices, they don't take up half the desk space in that board meeting, they don't encroach into your neighbors seat on the train. Easy to carry around, easy to use, just more convenient, and the more they improve the more they'll get used.

And that in my opinion is a missed opportunity, with good foresight and a dual release of a BB10 Smart Phone and Tablet (or at least an upgrade for the current Tablet) BlackBerry could have shown the company was serious about regaining it's reputation and again be seen as a serious competitor, if not market leader.

Again in my opinion, the current launch was quite low key compared to Apples launch events... Not simultaneously releasing in the USA was also a big fail. No BB10 upgrade for current PB's released along side the main Smart Phone release, and an admission that there are no current plans for a new Tablet is another fail.

I don't think BlackBerry will gain any more customers than they currently have, existing customers will upgrade but getting people to switch from the other two big competitors without being able to offer equivalent products is just wishful thinking.
    02-01-13 05:30 PM
    Yeah, I'm not understanding Blackberry wanting to concentrate on mobile computing and not having a top end tablet. Time will tell, but the competition is hard.
    02-01-13 05:39 PM
    I think that BB should have Asus or similar to engineer the hardware and BB supply the OS.
    CairnsRock and EvanRitch like this.
    02-01-13 06:11 PM
    I think that BB should have Asus or similar to engineer the hardware and BB supply the OS.
    This is exactly what will happen. Some company will do the hardware part and RIM will supply the OS I KNOW IT!!!! Good work
    02-01-13 07:52 PM