orry, BlackBerry (RIMM), it looks like BlackBerry 10 is the new Windows 8. BlackBerry 10 debuted just one day ago and there are already legions of iPhone and Android users (most of whom haven�t yet held a BlackBerry 10 device in their hands) complaining about how difficult it is to navigate the platform. We saw similar complaints arise immediately following Windows 8′s debut. Both cases are actually very similar � if someone picks up a Windows 8 or BlackBerry 10 device without having watched the intro video during the setup and without having been given any instruction on how to use it, he or she will inevitably be confused and frustrated. This calls each platform�s UX into question, and rightfully so, but the problem is short-lived. Once users are taught by animated demos that play automatically during setup, or instructed by others, they get acclimated to the new flow over time.

01-31-13 12:55 PM
    The lack of button may very well contribute to the confusion. Apple had set a standard in mobile phones: a "back" button. I was confused too when I first tried a PlayBook.
    BergerKing and Spencerdl like this.
    01-31-13 12:58 PM
    without reading instructions or following the intro video...hmmm....how many would buy the phone and skip all that?
    i can't use an ipad, because i'm so used to my playbook and hadn't used an ipad first. does that mean it's unusable? of course not. just means, i didn't follow the instructions.
    01-31-13 01:01 PM
    I was confused by Android's app drawer and most things about it when I switched from the iPhone. Now I find the iPhone to be confusing (and I currently have a Galaxy Nexus).

My point? Neither are really confusing. It just takes time to get used to it.
    01-31-13 01:02 PM
    You CAN teach an old dog new tricks . I was confused at first with the playbook and now its second nature.
    01-31-13 01:04 PM
    i dont see how learning something new is a problem. does anyone remember graffiti on the palm back in the day? i learned my playbook fairly quickly and didnt really have any issues. i have become use to the gestures so much so that when i use another tablet i feel like the navigation is cumbersome and slower then my playbooks. i feel like i can truly multitask on my playbook.
    01-31-13 01:12 PM
    (facepalm)
    Please....the only thing I get from this video is the fact that the creator is a bloody ***** who is doing his part to push the myth that BB10 is some cryptic puzzle that only mensa people can figure out/use.

No. Stop fabricating lies.

When you go to test the phone, buy the phone, or look at someone elses phone you will be informed or at least be able to ask someone how to use it. These tests are beyond stupid.Tech sites should be informing people how to use technology, not making videos for America's Most Technologically Clueless.

Bloody [email protected] peddling ignorance as if it's a right to have. Might as well not develop anything new, cause that would require people to be INSTRUCTED....oooooooooh nooooo!
    zyben, Stocklone, Drayk and 12 others like this.
    01-31-13 01:14 PM
    This is idiotic. I have the z10. There is a gesture tutorial when you first boot up the phone and you CAN NOT SKIP IT. If these people handled a new phone they would know how to operate it. It's a biased, fixed test to make BB10 look bad.
    01-31-13 01:19 PM
    Put someone who has never seen a BMW iDrive behind the wheel of a 6 series and ask them to call their mom, turn on the AC, or tune to their favorite radio station. Same silly blank stare

Is this what passes for tech reviews these days?
    01-31-13 01:22 PM
    This is idiotic. I have the z10. There is a gesture tutorial when you first boot up the phone and you CAN NOT SKIP IT. If these people handled a new phone they would know how to operate it. It's a biased, fixed test to make BB10 look bad.
    Playbook was set up the same way. Can't skip certain parts of the tutorial during setup.
    01-31-13 01:29 PM
    I don't understand when I read comments from tech blogs saying they are confused by the UX and people will too. Wouldn't you want to actually use your brain to learn something new instead of having a dumbed down, basic UX. I for one love the opportunity to try something new which after a short use, will become second nature.
    01-31-13 01:36 PM
    Yet another high quality article from the trolls at Mashable. Don't they have a article to write about the mac pro being yanked from europe. Oh wait it's an apple article how could they ever post REAL news.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-31-13 02:04 PM
    LAAAAME.

No one picks up a new OSed phone and just go flying through it. You cant with Apple or Android.
    EsJayDee, Spencerdl and Cracklen like this.
    01-31-13 02:09 PM
    The buttons on the SG3 and Note 2 were just as confusing for me.

Also, I noticed that many iPhone users don't even know that you have to manually shut down apps otherwise it really drains the battery, and I find it's such a big task to do so when compared to BB10.

*EDIT: IMO, only the early versions of iOS are truly *****-proof among smartphone OSes.
    01-31-13 02:15 PM
    Yet another high quality article from the trolls at Mashable. Don't they have a article to write about the mac pro being yanked from europe. Oh wait it's an apple article how could they ever post REAL news.
    Why'd the mac get yanked?
    01-31-13 02:31 PM
    LAAAAME.

No one picks up a new OSed phone and just go flying through it. You cant with Apple or Android.
    Agree. I had trouble adjusting to using by Galaxy Nexus from day one, especially how to close apps lol.
    01-31-13 02:39 PM
    So that video shows that some IPhone and Android users aren't the smartest and the use of that study was???
    zyben likes this.
    01-31-13 02:45 PM
    Put someone who has never seen a BMW iDrive behind the wheel of a 6 series and ask them to call their mom, turn on the AC, or tune to their favorite radio station. Same silly blank stare

Is this what passes for tech reviews these days?
    Classic!!! I own a 650 and it took me a while to figure out the iDrive. But once I did, it's such a joy to have some much control right at your finger tips.
    s0be likes this.
    01-31-13 02:48 PM
    Heck, I memmer my first experience with a BB, computer illiterate and all, and I progressed rapidly learning it. Then I started with Android last year, and the transition was a little different, because I picked it up just as quickly. I expect transition to BB 10 to be just fine, because the devices I use practically live in hand. They become second nature with practice, and caring about learning. The other day, I had to give a demo on how to use an app on an iPhone. The app was the same I have on the SIII, but operated differently. I was able to teach 4 people to use that tool in minutes, even with the different procedures. All of them had been trying ro figure the app out for a month or longer, had read the instructions, and still had not succeeded.

But, they were willing to learn, they oveecame their 'app phobias' and now are having a good to be learning how to do things they couldn't before.
    Spencerdl, jakie55 and Bobcat665 like this.
    01-31-13 02:52 PM
    Lol. Look at these idiots. My mother is 57 and navigates her Lumia 920 like a boss.
    01-31-13 02:54 PM
    That was the stupidest thing that have ever watched. That was like telling someone to drive a car after riding a bicycle all there life.
    Spencerdl, RHDJEEZY and frannip like this.
    01-31-13 03:13 PM
    im smart enough to LEARN to use it. Takes 5 minutes.
    01-31-13 03:22 PM
    If they would have watched a basic demo they would know to find an email its a .1 second swipe up and right?????

"OMG THEREZ NO BUTTONS THIS IS SO UNUSUAL WHAT WILL I DO"
    01-31-13 03:24 PM
    If they are iPhone users they are automatically in the lower third of the IQ graph. The BB10 may just be too hard for them.
    Still with the stupid jokes, eh?
    01-31-13 03:31 PM
    Has anyone ever heard of the term "learning curve"? Thats with all "new" ....anything. Sometimes I just ......wonder.
    01-31-13 03:39 PM
142 123 ...