I thought about the future of blackberry, and then one question came up in my head, will there be one. We all remember the countless threads of people telling us about their experiences with salesreps in bestbuy, futureshop. Etc, when they were trying to buy PlayBooks. So I think that unfortunately this will repeat with bb10. Every time someone who's not sure about the phone they want salespeople will steer them away due to lack of knowledge or just because there's only one phone iPhone if it's not iPhone its not a phone. So that my prediction, I wish I could be more positive.

FYI I AM planning on testing this next week
    01-31-13 10:58 AM
    I tend to feel the same way. I visited a Sprint and Verizon stores yesterday, and felt like I was treated like I was uninformed because I am interested in Blackberry. At Sprint I had a Galaxy note shoved in my face and at Verizon, a windows phone. That's is not what I went in there for!
    01-31-13 11:04 AM
    The U.S. carriers are not going to promote BB10 until they can sell it. Since the iPhone is so expensive and the sell through of the iPhone5 has been less than they were expecting the carriers are currently sitting on a lot of expensive inventory that they will not be able to move once people make the switch to BlackBerry. That explains the delay of the BlackBerry roll-out in Apple-heavy U.S. You can expect to see a lot of Apple "support" from carriers over the next few weeks but once they dump their old iPhone5 inventory they will move on to BlackBerry and never look back. Carriers have been taking a big hit from subsidising over-priced iPhones the last few years while Apple has been rubbing it in their face with record profits. Those days end as soon as the carriers clear out their dated iPhone inventory and run with their preferred partner, BlackBerry.
    Acumenight and undone like this.
    01-31-13 12:52 PM
    The U.S. carriers are not going to promote BB10 until they can sell it. Since the iPhone is so expensive and the sell through of the iPhone5 has been less than they were expecting the carriers are currently sitting on a lot of expensive inventory that they will not be able to move once people make the switch to BlackBerry. That explains the delay of the BlackBerry roll-out in Apple-heavy U.S. You can expect to see a lot of Apple "support" from carriers over the next few weeks but once they dump their old iPhone5 inventory they will move on to BlackBerry and never look back. Carriers have been taking a big hit from subsidising over-priced iPhones the last few years while Apple has been rubbing it in their face with record profits. Those days end as soon as the carriers clear out their dated iPhone inventory and run with their preferred partner, BlackBerry.
    Totally see this as the current problem as well!
    01-31-13 01:04 PM
    No, useless cell phone companies will kill it and the useless sales staffs at stores will be accessories to that murder.
    01-31-13 02:43 PM
    A Carphone Warehouse worker (apparently, who doesn't even work on shop floor, but higher up) had been telling customers the phone wouldn't be available till March, whilst CW confirmed it (on launch day) that it would stock the phone the very next day. I had to tell him that.
    01-31-13 07:45 PM
    The carrier has to be on board with the new platform for the needed sales to be achieved. If they keep pushing the other platforms blackberry 10 will suffer a fatal blow.

But if blackberry 10 is a big success then it will eventually sell itself like Apple did.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 08:02 PM
    I don't want to be affiliated with people who don't know what device they want. BB people don't need to be sold on a phone. They know what they want going in. Its what separates us from the animals.
    01-31-13 09:49 PM
    you can bet they could. but I am thinking they won't. I am very surprised but there is a very positive reception to bb10 in the mainstream press. I am thinking it will be a very "cool" product to the salespeople and they will evangelize it to some degree regardless of incentive.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 09:57 PM
    No. Blackberry has killed blackberry. If they don't create a compelling enough product to woo consumers it's nobody's fault but their own.
    01-31-13 10:34 PM
    It looks great but without a killer app revealed on launch, I think people will want to take it for a drive before buying it now.
    01-31-13 10:42 PM
    Marketing marketing marketing with large displays and good training of carrier staff and incentives to show customers the benefits of Blackberry!

Otherwise, customer walks in and gets iPhone 5 of Samsung Galaxy and sale done, never even having put their hands on the Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-01-13 12:53 AM
    They could. I've gotten dissed at vzw for my BlackBerry but IDGAF! That's me tho a fan and someone who needs it. But with this new os maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see when they get it. It could convert them once they play with it.
    02-01-13 03:00 AM
    Blackberry is just done in the American market, they might garner some excitement with the Z10 and then the Q10, but they had better follow up fast with something else...because they have competition coming fast. They had a chance to seize the tempo, but they didn't, and they can't expect the backlash to go because of that...
    02-01-13 03:09 AM