Does anyone know if the new Link software will work with existing Playbooks and non-BB10 phones?
    01-31-13 08:55 AM
    Seems to work with my playbook... Havent tried my 9860 yet...
    01-31-13 09:31 AM
    Works with PlayBook, but not BBOS phones.

Doesn't seem to sync with Outlook via USB/Bluetooth though. Disappointing. Forget BB Link working with BBOS phones, I wish BlackBerry Desktop Software worked with BB10 phones.
    01-31-13 09:51 AM
    Yes works with PB OS!
    01-31-13 10:05 AM
    I have my PB with 2.1 installed and it recognizes the PB allowing sync/backup functions of all data , but does not allow PB OS update. Will still use DM to update to 10 and then move over to Link full time.
    01-31-13 10:53 AM
    Have a question for anyone who can help me,

I upgraded my laptop to windows 8 and since have not been able to sync videos to my playbook. I decided to install Blackberry Link in the hope that I may be able to sync, but it still didnt work. It asks me to reconnect the playbook or restore the playbook. I do not plan or restoring my playbook as I have alot of information on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks.
    01-31-13 06:28 PM

I upgraded my laptop to windows 8 and since have not been able to sync videos to my playbook. I decided to install Blackberry Link in the hope that I may be able to sync, but it still didnt work. It asks me to reconnect the playbook or restore the playbook. I do not plan or restoring my playbook as I have alot of information on it.

READ THIS IT WORKS:

I just drag and drop movies from pc to pb.

Just hook up the PB by USB cable and when you see i as a drive letter mine comes up as drice Z then open my computer and click on that letter and go to the folder movies and copy the movie there or vice versa copy to the PC if you want to copy from PB.

Now as for not playing .mp4 well i use VLC Media Player to play .mp4 it plays many formats.

Now what i use to convert movies downloaded or not is Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate and choose playbook .h24 (not the HD one) as it make to big of a file and convert. This app converts many formats from ipod to iphone to playstation to xbox and more and i have done iphone and more.

I convert to PS3 using the .h24 mpeg4 (not the HD one) as it make to big of a file and i then copy the movie to my USB thumbstick its only a 8gb Fast version though so no delay in playing movies.

Now just because they are both .h24 and .mp4 the PS3 convert won't work for playbook its is different resolution and also different audio codec used, so i have to convert PS3 and Playbook separately
    01-31-13 07:59 PM
    Or you could buy kalemsoft which plays all formats you thread troll!
    02-01-13 07:04 AM
    READ THIS IT WORKS:

I just drag and drop movies from pc to pb.

Just hook up the PB by USB cable and when you see i as a drive letter mine comes up as drice Z then open my computer and click on that letter and go to the folder movies and copy the movie there or vice versa copy to the PC if you want to copy from PB.

Now as for not playing .mp4 well i use VLC Media Player to play .mp4 it plays many formats.

Now what i use to convert movies downloaded or not is Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate and choose playbook .h24 (not the HD one) as it make to big of a file and convert. This app converts many formats from ipod to iphone to playstation to xbox and more and i have done iphone and more.

I convert to PS3 using the .h24 mpeg4 (not the HD one) as it make to big of a file and i then copy the movie to my USB thumbstick its only a 8gb Fast version though so no delay in playing movies.

Now just because they are both .h24 and .mp4 the PS3 convert won't work for playbook its is different resolution and also different audio codec used, so i have to convert PS3 and Playbook separately
    Thats the problem!! before windows 8 I used to simply drop the files in the Z hard drive. However, after I'm not getting it anymore despite my computer saying that the playbook is connected.
    02-01-13 01:04 PM

I had the same issue. I deleted my BlackBerry device driver and when it reinstalled it worded.
    Last edited by tjackson8685; 02-03-13 at 08:54 PM.
    02-03-13 08:19 PM