I want to start by saying this is my first Crackberry thread ever that I've started. It's only my third ever post as I joined Crackberry just yesterday before the BB10 Launch event. I've been visiting the site for a couple of years, but was never really moved to join. Anyway, yesterday I took the plunge. I did so because like most of you, I've been waiting for BB10 for what seems like forever. Prior to the event beginning yesterday, there was a vibe, a buzz, that was sweeping through Crackberry, Twitter, etc. Since the event, and finding out that outside of Philadelphia, where I live, I won't get a sniff of the new phone until April (since I have my Bold 9650 through work), I've been going through an abridged version of the 5 stages of Grief.

1) Denial: I immediately thought, there mist be some kind of mistake. I know they "say" March, but Verizon will probably have them much sooner. This is what I initially told myself.
    2) Anger: This is where I've spent the majority of the last 22 hours as I found myself using phrases like; "I just could believe that they would screw me again" and "How can they be so stupid...again?" Why do other countries get them in February, and I'm hoping my 9650 hangs in until late March.
    3) Bargaining: I did go back and forth between this stage, and anger quite a bit yesterday. I started looking at what other options I might have. Could I smuggle one in from Canada that was unlocked in hopes that it would work? Could I talk my associate at work into sliding me into the pilot BYOD program with my bootleg BB10 even though the program isn't accepting any new participants? Could I hope that if I expressed enough outrage, along with other folks on here that my carrier would somehow magically deliver the phones early?
    4) Depression: This is where I have been since last evening. Knowing full well there wasn't an error in Thornstein's script yesterday, or the subsequent media reports, I realized I had no choice. I have to wait it out. Then I started feeling all of that excitement that had built over the past 16 months (for me anyway) disappear. Then I started to question if I really wanted the phone anyway. Not out of angry petulance, but because of the sudden loss of motivation to seek it out since I couldn't have it anyway. This is where I pretty much stayed until this morning.
    5) Acceptance: I'm getting to the point where I can acknowledge the phone still looks awesome and amazing, and pretty much most of what I had hoped it would be, and still feel a bit of that depression. Some people call this step "Peaceful Acceptance", however until I come intonwork and that BB10 box is sitting on my desk, the word peaceful somehow doesn't register.

As I sit here typing this out on my Playbook, the bottom line is I don't care whose fault it is. It's not an American vs. the rest of the world thing. It's not a blame BlackBerry or my carrier thing (though I honestly do loathe Verizon). I was just all jazzed to get it sooner than I will. That's all.
    01-31-13 08:15 AM
    i dont get all the ******** and 100 threads about this. TH clearly said the delay in the US was due to carrier testing and that they (carriers) were doing the best they can. call your carrier and ***** them out
    undone likes this.
    01-31-13 08:19 AM
    i dont get all the ******** and 100 threads about this. TH clearly said the delay in the US was due to carrier testing and that they (carriers) were doing the best they can. call your carrier and ***** them out
    That's the point, I'm not ******** at anyone in particular. I'm not trashing BlackBerry or anyone. I just want the phone.
    JR A likes this.
    01-31-13 08:22 AM
    JS, your 9650 will probably chug along for years.
    01-31-13 08:22 AM
    JS, your 9650 will probably chug along for years.
    I don't need quite a while...just another 6-8 weeks
    01-31-13 08:26 AM
    March? Thats a few weeks away, reminder, February is tomorrow it it usually 28 days but has a 25% chance of being 29 days!!! Oh the horror!!!
    01-31-13 08:26 AM
    Glad to see your dealing with it!
    01-31-13 08:28 AM
    Sometimes I think that the carriers wait for the launch and then jump with launch dates as AT&T did. They did their own marketing jazz and decided that it would be good for their subscribers and their bottom line. Getting them tested is all jazz... That's my 2 cents of rant on this rant... and I am pissed at my carrier in India. No news about when they will launch... Not a word... they just say..."You will be informed via relevant media sources"
    01-31-13 08:31 AM
    The horror, the horror..

dumb carriers, ruining my dreams! to ebay I go for an unlocked z10..
    01-31-13 08:33 AM
    Sometimes I think that the carriers wait for the launch and then jump with launch dates as AT&T did. They did their own marketing jazz and decided that it would be good for their subscribers and their bottom line. Getting them tested is all jazz... That's my 2 cents of rant on this rant... and I am pissed at my carrier in India. No news about when they will launch... Not a word... they just say..."You will be informed via relevant media sources"
    That sucks, I suppose March is better as a target date than no target date at all.
    01-31-13 08:34 AM
    I don't need quite a while...just another 6-8 weeks
    Try to imagine my frustration. My 9650 died a horrible death around Xmas time. In the interim I've been using an ancient Curve 4.xx. I can't even bridge to my PlayBook! The rugged old Curve is keeping me going but no BB Traffic, Travel, etc. Is killing me and here I was thinking that by early February I'd have a shiny new Z10 in my hands! Oh! The humanity!

This, too, shall pass (I hope).
    01-31-13 09:02 AM
    Try to imagine my frustration. My 9650 died a horrible death around Xmas time. In the interim I've been using an ancient Curve 4.xx. I can't even bridge to my PlayBook! The rugged old Curve is keeping me going but no BB Traffic, Travel, etc. Is killing me and here I was thinking that by early February I'd have a shiny new Z10 in my hands! Oh! The humanity!

This, too, shall pass (I hope).
    I fell into the same boat as you except it was at Thanksgiving with my 9930. I loved that phone but I sure wasn't reviving my storm 2 or buying another device that was already over a year old. I swore up and down I was waiting for BB10 to arrive no matter what...well, I went out and bought a samsung galaxy 3. I don't see me jumping back to BB anytime in the near future even though I truely was impressed with the Z10 and think it will do well. It's just not offering me anything that I can't do on my GS3.
    01-31-13 09:14 AM
    The bridge is so elegant. BB for this camper and if I have to grin and bear the wait then that's just the way it'll have to be. US launch delay was such a downer. However, my new year's resolution was, "No suffering." so it's just a test of character.
    01-31-13 09:26 AM
    He also said over the entire summer of 2012 that the BB10 was on track for a Q4 2012 launch. Very little credibility. Of course he is not going to say we aren't giving US carriers product till March. RIM also blamed the BBOS7 delays on "Carrier Testing", but it was actually manufacturing issue.
    JeepBB and southlander like this.
    01-31-13 09:31 AM
    He also said over the entire summer of 2012 that the BB10 was on track for a Q4 2012 launch. Very little credibility. Of course he is not going to say we aren't giving US carriers product till March. RIM also blamed the BBOS7 delays on "Carrier Testing", but it was actually manufacturing issue.
    BB10 has been launched. Just not in the US. The first quarter still has 8 weeks left so as things stand the most recent promises are still on track.
    01-31-13 09:38 AM
    I think you pretty much summed up how many BB faithful feel...and that accounts for all of the posts about how it sucks that we can't go get phones til March.

Kinda like a kid when you tell them that tomorrow we are going to go to the park...then tomorrow gets here and its nice out but something has come up that makes the trip to the park be delayed to the next week...then that day comes and it rains...to the kid it doesn't matter why there has been no trip to the park...no matter how good the excuses and reasons...
    As for us adults...sometime that kid in us comes out and while we comprehend the whys and reasons that phones are ready but just not available, it sucks and we get mad...

I just hope this wasn't the last straw for too many poeple...
    jsmenard1 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:26 AM
    Hey, I live just outside Philadelphia, too!

I made a few phone calls to the four major carriers in my area yesterday. All of them were aware of BB10 and most were absolutely certain that they'd be carrying the devices (AT&T and Verizon mostly). None, however, knew when. This makes me think that Heins gave a window of when the rollout in USA would be complete across the four major carriers, but not when it would start. His mention of March was more of an educated guess but not an absolute statement. It was left open because the carriers could release earlier. Why would the carriers have an update registration page this early before launch? And why would carrier reps who had previously known nothing about the device just prior to launch all of a sudden be totally educated on it the day of launch? This, to me, smells of a wide range of release dates across the four major U.S. carriers, with AT&T and VZW at the forefront (as they seemed to know the most) and Sprint and TMobile being later on (as they seemed to know little compared to the other two).

I understand that waiting is painful, but what I saw yesterday completely convinced me that it is, indeed, worth it! Who knows? We may have our Z10s before the end of February.
    01-31-13 10:35 AM
    I think you pretty much summed up how many BB faithful feel...and that accounts for all of the posts about how it sucks that we can't go get phones til March.

Kinda like a kid when you tell them that tomorrow we are going to go to the park...then tomorrow gets here and its nice out but something has come up that makes the trip to the park be delayed to the next week...then that day comes and it rains...to the kid it doesn't matter why there has been no trip to the park...no matter how good the excuses and reasons...
    As for us adults...sometime that kid in us comes out and while we comprehend the whys and reasons that phones are ready but just not available, it sucks and we get mad...

I just hope this wasn't the last straw for too many poeple...
    That's exactly the perspective I was trying to bring! When I was angry yesterday, I told myself that this was the last straw. But now that I hover around "acceptance" I realize the phone isn't any less exciting than it was yesterday. I just have to wait...
    01-31-13 12:07 PM
    Hey, I live just outside Philadelphia, too!

I made a few phone calls to the four major carriers in my area yesterday. All of them were aware of BB10 and most were absolutely certain that they'd be carrying the devices (AT&T and Verizon mostly). None, however, knew when. This makes me think that Heins gave a window of when the rollout in USA would be complete across the four major carriers, but not when it would start. His mention of March was more of an educated guess but not an absolute statement. It was left open because the carriers could release earlier. Why would the carriers have an update registration page this early before launch? And why would carrier reps who had previously known nothing about the device just prior to launch all of a sudden be totally educated on it the day of launch? This, to me, smells of a wide range of release dates across the four major U.S. carriers, with AT&T and VZW at the forefront (as they seemed to know the most) and Sprint and TMobile being later on (as they seemed to know little compared to the other two).

I understand that waiting is painful, but what I saw yesterday completely convinced me that it is, indeed, worth it! Who knows? We may have our Z10s before the end of February.
    You know Flash, I think I will join you in your optimism...Thank you for that. At the end of the day, whether its Feb, or March, I'll be getting the phone. As I mentioned in another reply, even though I'm frustrated, the phone didn't change. Its not any less attractive nor do I believe any less in what Blackberry as a company is now doing. Thanks for the pick-me-up!!!
    FlashFlare11 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-31-13 12:10 PM
    I did call Verizon and email them yesterday, today and will everyday until I get a BB10! If I can purchase an unlocked BB I will. I'm sick of waiting for a phone and mad at myself that it's that important to me....but it is.

Signed,
    BB10 less in the US
    01-31-13 02:29 PM
    I went to a Verizon store yesterday just to see if they had an estimate of when preorders would start because as long i spend the money on it now I'll know I'll get it and I'll stop being annoyed with this carrier delay. When i walked in the two reps told me that they barely found out they would be releasing another blackberry that day and that they had gotten no formal training on it. so i highly doubt itll come out before march. which is a bummer because my girlfriend and i were hoping to have it for our trip to California on the 19th. BB dropped the ball regardless who's fault this is it's going to hurt BB more than the carriers. a lot can happen in 4 weeks.

EDIT: but Instagram won't be available until march anyway so i don't mind the wait as much as i do mind the wait.
    01-31-13 02:46 PM