i am waiting for my contract date to arrive (22nd feb) to get the new z10.

BUT i am sick of all these reviewers saying negative things and about bb10.
    people complaining about the amount of apps available........70k is a good start for a NEW platform. Do people NOT understand this? they have made a good effort to get the TOP apps and that has made me happy. means i dont have to scroll through endless lists of rubbish apps.

Others people saying how iOS is still better.............not when you have to press the "home" button is get back to the main screen to do ANYTHING. And does it get slow!!

i think people will realise how good the software is when they actually use it on a day to day basis.

Mr Heins looked realy bored are the begininng of his speech, but as the time came to reveal the phone, he was like a kid on his bday!! you could see how excited he was when they were going through their features.

so fellow BB users, when you get one, just show off what the phone can do to your mates and make them jealous. And to all those that are complaining and giving negative reviews, i hope in a few months they will be eating their words for not noticing a really decent phone.

i really cant wait to get the z10!
    01-31-13 04:14 AM
    +1 agrees 100%
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-13 05:48 AM
    so fellow BB users, when you get one, just show off what the phone can do to your mates and make them jealous.
    For many around the world "when" seems to be the key word here because by the time some get this phone they will be showing it to someone with iPhone 5S with iOS 7. RIM has lost a major opportunity to win back consumers in the USA and other areas of the world that are launching later. They should be releasing both devices at the same time and that time should have been 2 years ago not 2 months from now. These devices don't compete with each other so it makes me skeptical they have the Q10 really ironed out. (Is this another Playbook in the making?)

As someone else said, RIM doesn't have a technology problem, they have an execution problem.

Hope you enjoy your new phone.
    jimpilot likes this.
    01-31-13 06:18 AM
    There should be no negative reviews on the bb10 at all after what I saw. Most of the negative press I saw was not against the device itself but they are saying that bb10 is not enough to save Blackberry.

It will take six months of sales to see what is really going to happen with Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-31-13 06:29 AM
    For many around the world "when" seems to be the key word here because by the time some get this phone they will be showing it to someone with iPhone 5S with iOS 7. RIM has lost a major opportunity to win back consumers in the USA and other areas of the world that are launching later. They should be releasing both devices at the same time and that time should have been 2 years ago not 2 months from now. These devices don't compete with each other so it makes me skeptical they have the Q10 really ironed out. (Is this another Playbook in the making?)

As someone else said, RIM doesn't have a technology problem, they have an execution problem.

Hope you enjoy your new phone.
    Hate to disagree with you here.. But if BB10 was launched 2 years ago it would not have had as big impact to the aging iOS. Also, RIM didn't fail on execution, the US carriers did.. The rest of the world got it right and are launching within a couple of weeks or sooner.. No excuse for the US..
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-31-13 06:35 AM
    @Ky Man,

I agree with you and have sounded off on a thread about the BGR review about some of the very issues you brought up. This phone has been set up to fail in the blogging world and is a victim of the 'pressure' associated with RIM BB's future. I also agree that the true test of this phone will be when consumers start walking around with it and falling in love with it because BB now has a phone that they can be proud of and show off. Is it perfect? Nope, but no phone is and that's the point. They shouldn't be expected to be perfect....nobody else is.
    01-31-13 06:44 AM
    Wow, some sites don't think blackberry 10 is the holy grail and you get upset? Next time they should consult with you to make sure their opinions are in line with solely your thought process.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-13 06:47 AM
    I love the new phone and I realize it is a new platform. I "hope" the battery lasts better than the 9900 because that is where the majority of complaints were against the BB 9900.
    01-31-13 06:48 AM
    Are some of you for real ??
    You can't stop people saying negative things about a phone on launch date since everyone has an opinion or a vested interest (in the case of a blog/magazine review).

01-31-13 06:48 AM
    I "hope" the battery lasts better than the 9900 because that is where the majority of complaints were against the BB 9900.
    Really?? Not the hour glassing?? Not the fairly bad interent experience?? I'm surprised

Just to clarify, I LOVE the Z10 and will be getting one when it's available here.

Si.
    01-31-13 06:54 AM
    As a great saying goes: "Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs doesn't stink"

I agree that some write-ups were negative for the sake of being negative, rather than what their articles should have been about, which is the phone and OS themselves (I read one article which said: "there are lots of things wrong", then went on to say that "there's not one thing which is really bad" then didn't mention anything which was actually bad), but that's just the way of bloggers and the press.

I wouldn't get too annoyed with them, it's not woth your time or heightened blood pressure

Si.
    01-31-13 07:01 AM
    Wow, some sites don't think blackberry 10 is the holy grail and you get upset? Next time they should consult with you to make sure their opinions are in line with solely your thought process.
    its not that they cant view their opinions, but their reviews are just negative.
    most things i have seen of the z10 phone are better to use than an iphone, yet non of the reviews say this. at launch an iphone 5 which was not a huge upgrade from a 4s cost �200 plus contract. we are getting a better phone for free with a contract. when i say better, the hardware is better, touchscreen, user interface are better. it does things in a new way people are not accustomed to and they put it as a "con"?!?! its look like an iphone, but thats because how else can you design around a screen?!? cetainly not like a galaxy s3 which looks cheap and tacky.
    so just i feel there are lots of positives about the phone, but nobody seems to focus on it and rather say "its ok".
    i am a betting man and i bet that apple will bring out a user interface similar to bb10 and the world will say how wonderful it is!!
    01-31-13 07:25 AM
    its not that they cant view their opinions, but their reviews are just negative.
    most things i have seen of the z10 phone are better to use than an iphone, yet non of the reviews say this. at launch an iphone 5 which was not a huge upgrade from a 4s cost �200 plus contract. we are getting a better phone for free with a contract. when i say better, the hardware is better, touchscreen, user interface are better. it does things in a new way people are not accustomed to and they put it as a "con"?!?! its look like an iphone, but thats because how else can you design around a screen?!? cetainly not like a galaxy s3 which looks cheap and tacky.
    so just i feel there are lots of positives about the phone, but nobody seems to focus on it and rather say "its ok".
    i am a betting man and i bet that apple will bring out a user interface similar to bb10 and the world will say how wonderful it is!!
    Well do you want them to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's not. It's a good OS that has room to improve (like they all do), subpar battery life, and quality (but not earth-shattering) hardware. Blackberry isn't a media darling and considered an after-thought. They had to be perfect with this release and it doesn't seem that they did the job. They didn't do terribly, but they revolutionize anything.

The best think you can do is word of mouth. Spread your love for the Z10 to the masses.
    01-31-13 08:46 AM
    Well do you want them to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's not. It's a good OS that has room to improve (like they all do), subpar battery life, and quality (but not earth-shattering) hardware. Blackberry isn't a media darling and considered an after-thought. They had to be perfect with this release and it doesn't seem that they did the job. They didn't do terribly, but they revolutionize anything.

The best think you can do is word of mouth. Spread your love for the Z10 to the masses.
    i didn't say it was the best, i said it was better than the iphone in certain aspects.

the battery life is adequate. iphone is similar, depends how you use it.
    you said qulaity hardware, so far it seems to be the best touch screen, yet no one has really made a wooha about it when it is actually a fundemental component of a touch phone. people made more about Siri and that was useless! the bb10 version is supposed to be better and faster, but again no one mentions it.

so my gripe was, ok blackberry might not be a the front of peoples minds when buying a new phone, but dont give it negative reviews and say there isnt anything that is worth switching for when there clearly is.
    01-31-13 10:31 AM
    Good luck with that, you're going to have to visit an awful lot of websites if you expect to troll every writer who didn't give BB10 a glowing review.
    01-31-13 10:36 AM
    When you wait as long as it took to get the BB10 device, it better be the best new phone in the world. It apparently isn't as we keep seeing negatives about the battery and the camera. I can learn a new OS, but why should I if it isn't truly revolutionary? No "Home" button? Wow. Not.
    01-31-13 10:37 AM
    When you wait as long as it took to get the BB10 device, it better be the best new phone in the world. It apparently isn't as we keep seeing negatives about the battery and the camera. I can learn a new OS, but why should I if it isn't truly revolutionary? No "Home" button? Wow. Not.
    funny you mentioned that cos i know iphone users whose home button breaks and so people have released an app that has a home button on the screen. so yes it is not wow, but again you are missing the point of it making things easier for users. Pressing...........waiting...............yawn!
    how revolutionary do you want it to be if you cant even take the next step of using an OS with gestures?!?! you want to to work with eye gestures??
    01-31-13 10:46 AM
    Gestures are cool and all, but it makes the bb10 learning curve steeper. A physical home button is easy to understand for more casual users (i.e. users who just want a smartphone that works and don't really care about its OS). I agree with those who say gestures are like keyboard shortcuts. They are nice to have, but shouldn't be the only way to get things done.
    01-31-13 10:51 AM
    funny you mentioned that cos i know iphone users whose home button breaks and so people have released an app that has a home button on the screen. so yes it is not wow, but again you are missing the point of it making things easier for users. Pressing...........waiting...............yawn!
    how revolutionary do you want it to be if you cant even take the next step of using an OS with gestures?!?! you want to to work with eye gestures??
    No, I just don't think the lack of a "Home" button is revolutionary. I just reached over and grabbed my cubicle neighbors iPhone. Pushed the button, slid across the screen. Took maybe a second. That second isn't going to make someone give up their iPhone.
    01-31-13 10:54 AM
    No, I just don't think the lack of a "Home" button is revolutionary. I just reached over and grabbed my cubicle neighbors iPhone. Pushed the button, slid across the screen. Took maybe a second. That second isn't going to make someone give up their iPhone.
    My pre plus didn't have a home button either, and I got that 2 years ago.

I don't get how people are saying its getting bad reviews. Seriously guys, 7/10 and 3.5-4/5 are NOT bad ratings. Most of the gripes seem legit (lack of quality apps, too many poorly written apps, battery, ect). But most agree that this brings BlackBerry back into the game and puts the platform more in parody with other modern smartphones, and that's exactly what BB10 was ment to do. Now it is more a matter of preference rather than performance and capabilities, and that's a big step forward for BlackBerry.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-13 11:06 AM
    Blackberry Rulz!!!!!!!!!
    01-31-13 11:12 AM
    Gestures are cool and all, but it makes the bb10 learning curve steeper. A physical home button is easy to understand for more casual users (i.e. users who just want a smartphone that works and don't really care about its OS). I agree with those who say gestures are like keyboard shortcuts. They are nice to have, but shouldn't be the only way to get things done.
    why would you want to do things a longer way round? surely this is the point of bb10, to make things quicker................FLOW!
    01-31-13 12:02 PM
    i am waiting for my contract date to arrive (22nd feb) to get the new z10.

BUT i am sick of all these reviewers saying negative things and about bb10.
    people complaining about the amount of apps available........70k is a good start for a NEW platform. Do people NOT understand this? they have made a good effort to get the TOP apps and that has made me happy. means i dont have to scroll through endless lists of rubbish apps.

Others people saying how iOS is still better.............not when you have to press the "home" button is get back to the main screen to do ANYTHING. And does it get slow!!

i think people will realise how good the software is when they actually use it on a day to day basis.

Mr Heins looked realy bored are the begininng of his speech, but as the time came to reveal the phone, he was like a kid on his bday!! you could see how excited he was when they were going through their features.

so fellow BB users, when you get one, just show off what the phone can do to your mates and make them jealous. And to all those that are complaining and giving negative reviews, i hope in a few months they will be eating their words for not noticing a really decent phone.

i really cant wait to get the z10!
    06-23-13 11:27 AM
    06-23-13 12:28 PM
    I agree I am tired too... of All the places crackberry is extremely critical...i think they all want to improve the product...but negativity sometimes is too much..its a damn good product and I am satisfied with App Selection...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:23 PM