I have downloaded it , installed and did a security wipe to remove a test account, now my BB10 doesn't come up, it shows an icon to connect it to the pc.... Nothing happens PLEASE HELP
    01-30-13 04:16 PM
    Did you connect it to the PC?
    01-30-13 05:05 PM
    yes doesn't recognise the BB
    airbatross likes this.
    01-30-13 05:30 PM
    I had this happen to me after the last update, basically just plug it into a computer with Desktop Manager and it will eventually fix it when you choose Update after BB Desktop Manager can't connect.
    01-30-13 05:34 PM
    I had this happen to me after the last update, basically just plug it into a computer with Desktop Manager and it will eventually fix it when you choose Update after BB Desktop Manager can't connect.
    Get BlackBerry Link
    01-30-13 05:42 PM
    I'm having the same problem. The desktop software will try to repair the dev alpha, but before it can start the device pops up that icon that says connect a computer and the desktop manager forgets about the device. I'm officially calling my device bricked.
    01-30-13 05:45 PM
    From where?
    01-30-13 05:45 PM
    i had the same issue. I download the bootloader (https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...0.0.10.263.exe) and am currently loading the new OS back to my Dev Alpha. It's still loading but I am hopeful it will work.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-30-13 06:06 PM
    yeah, I did that too. Reloaded using the autoloader and it works fine.
    01-30-13 06:48 PM
    Indeed, it worked for me aswell, use the auto loader on the alpha dev site
    01-30-13 11:32 PM
    use the autoloader on the alpha dev site, it worked for me
    01-30-13 11:32 PM
    Autoloader doesn't work for me, it briefly connects to the device but then looses connection for some strange reason. Sad face.
    01-31-13 01:07 AM
    Make sure you have the usb driver installed .... which is included with the Blackberry desktop software/Blackberry device manager; before the PC loader will work.
    And after you installed this new update ... you have to install the Blackberry Link software cause the old Desktop software will no longer work.
    Just want to remind for those who never used the PC loader before.
    araskin likes this.
    01-31-13 05:24 AM
    The dev alphas never like it when you wipe because I think a wipe is programmed as a complete device wipe instead of just data wipe. Or maybe it wipes some important data that kills the Dev Alphas on a specific date so it won't even boot.

I believe the only way to fix is auto loader.
    araskin likes this.
    01-31-13 10:36 AM
    Autoloader doesn't work for me, it briefly connects to the device but then looses connection for some strange reason. Sad face.
    Hey Chris,

I dumbly ignored your advice and tried a wipe myself, and the same thing happened. BUT, I discovered something kind of cool: if you have the bootloader installed, AND you have Desktop Manager (yes, DM, not Link) open already, you can try restarting the device. In my particular case, I used the up-and-down volume button reset (may make a difference, not sure), and I noticed on one reboot the green LED lit, and DM told me there was an update available for the device; it's currently updating with the latest OS.
    airbatross likes this.
    02-01-13 10:00 PM
    I've experienced the same issue after the Security Wipe. I've tried connecting with BB Link, DTM, and the Dev Alpha Autoloader using all the tricks thus far in this thread. I even tried older versions of the Dev Alpha Autoloader and I still can't seem to load an OS onto this device. I can get the Dev Alphaloader to load something onto the device and get a green LED light during the process, but when I turn it on, it just blinks red once, then a solid red LED and then turns off. I think I may have bricked it.
    02-02-13 01:08 PM
    I've experienced the same issue after the Security Wipe. I've tried connecting with BB Link, DTM, and the Dev Alpha Autoloader using all the tricks thus far in this thread. I even tried older versions of the Dev Alpha Autoloader and I still can't seem to load an OS onto this device. I can get the Dev Alphaloader to load something onto the device and get a green LED light during the process, but when I turn it on, it just blinks red once, then a solid red LED and then turns off. I think I may have bricked it.
    I had the same issue. Here is what I did to fix it. go here on your PC BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US then see the "update software" which is the web desktop. click that and have the phone ready but without the battery installed. Once you plug the phone in give it a few seconds then install the battery once you see theicon that mens you dont have a battery installed. Once the battery is in there should be some level of activity and watch the web desktop do its work. My to was a brink until I did this.

Good luck
    02-05-13 03:48 PM