After the lackluster presentation today, and judging by the average and less than stellar reviews, has anyone decided that they no longer want one?

I know many of you have been waiting a long time just to upgrade. Do you want to use that upgrade based on the reviews, or will you now consider looking elsewhere, or possibly waiting for the S4 in 2 months or a future/current Iphone?

Almost might feel dated due to the " rumored " 13mp cam and quad core the s4 will have and better specs newer phones will have by April ish

Really curious to see the responses.
    Last edited by Italiannyc; 01-30-13 at 02:51 PM.
    TorchMach1 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:36 PM
    Well i don't know now as i am in limbo i may wait a month or so now cause of the launch being so blah blah blah and no word really on PB update today is really putting me off BB right now. I may wait for a S4 and see where i go from there.
    Creaulx likes this.
    01-30-13 02:42 PM
    during the Q&A after the webcast they had stated that they're planning on releasing BB10 for all playbooks.
    01-30-13 02:44 PM
    No, just knowing that Alicia Keys is onboard is good enough for me. <---Sarcasm
    Creaulx, Mel25, richardat and 1 others like this.
    01-30-13 02:45 PM
    After the lackluster presentation today, and judging by the average and less than stellar reviews, has anyone decided that they no longer want one?

I know many of you have been waiting a long time just to upgrade. Do you want to use that upgrade based on the reviews, or will you now consider looking elsewhere, or possibly waiting for the S4 in 2 months or a future/current Iphone?

Really curious to see the responses.
    Heck no. I think this phone is awesome from what I saw and I am sure there are more features they didn't show. I don't see how it is getting OK reviews. The iPhone doesn't look that much more special to me.

Of course I may be forced to get the Q10 since Sprint is being stupid and only announcing that one right now. Hopefully all the complaints they are getting will make them get both phones. Gosh I hope...
    01-30-13 02:45 PM
    You know, I've been pretty hyped up for BB10 and the Z10 to be launched for some time now. A Feb. 5th release here in Canada isn't that bad of a wait but I honestly have been wondering if I want to use my HUP on this device, or drop just less than $700 now that more time has set in since this morning's announcements.

The Z10 should have been available for everywhere today. Blame the carriers or blame Blackberry, either way it has been a long time in the making. I think if the Z10 was available everywhere today at launch, there would be more people who would have jumped on right away. Die-hard BB users will more than likely get one no matter what, but the people who were on the fence coming from iOS or Android may now be persuaded to avoid the new BB altogether. I feel bad for he potential March release for the US customers.
    01-30-13 02:50 PM
    For me, the choice might be wait till March for the Z10 - or mid April for the Galaxy S4.... Quad core CPU, 13 megapixel camera, etc

Can't believe I'm saying that. Looks like a decent device, but by the time I can get one, there will be even more attractive devices available than there are now.... And it's not clear that it is is better, everything considered, than some things available today.
    brianatbb likes this.
    01-30-13 02:51 PM
    I am reconsidering.
    I was very disappointed with this presentation. It was a rehash of what we knew. A lot of back patting, when they haven't accomplished anything yet.

With a long build up like this, years in the waiting, expectations are going to be high. We kept also hearing of surprises. Where were they? Alicia Keys? Was that it? Oh and skype.

Don't drag out the presentation when it's all be leaked already. Let us know where bb is headed

There wasn't any mention of a bb tv, no mention of playbook getting bb10, no mention of Netflix, hulu etc ( which I'm sure they don't want, because they want you to buy they're content. They want to monetize this phone before they get any momentum. ( remind you of playbook).

Maps, big fail.
    ice4u2 and richardat like this.
    01-30-13 02:55 PM
    Not at all...though I think the presentation was brutal. First the guy on the floor should have been Ryan Seacrest or some other famous hosting type person...second the CEO should have come out...said about 10 words then handed it off to a professional actor / presenter that could then do a great job presenting the phone...then they should have had some great music, video....some fireworks....at the end of the day brutal show but I am still getting one on Tuesday....unless I wait for White.
    yunvi and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 02:55 PM
    It makes more susceptible to looking elsewhere.

For those that have been down this road for sometime you know what I mean.

I'm on the fence after today.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    nquyen, flyingsolid and richardat like this.
    01-30-13 02:56 PM
    After seeing the reviews of CB, Engadget, and The Verge. I have changed my mind on buying the Z10 and will stick with my phone while waiting to see what Apple iOS 7 will bring this summer.
    hitnar, robson21 and richardat like this.
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
    �480. It's simply too expensive. If Blackberry want to get back in the game they needed to either have some insane OTT (and yes, completely unnecessary) hardware in there OR make it cheap. The average person is going to see the much more powerful Nexus 4 for �80 less or the super desirable iPhone 5 for �50 more and simply ignore the Z10. Personally I think it looks like a great device and I was ready with �300 or thereabouts but at �480 I'll have to wait for a price drop.
    01-30-13 03:03 PM
    I'm leaning towards not getting it. I can't justify the $550 especially since I have a Nexus 7 to do a lot of what my bold 9700 can't. I have BBM voice, I have BBM, I have push email, I have whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and I have Google maps. Sure the web browsing sucks big time but I have my nexus 7 for that and $550 for that doesn't seem justified. I'll wait and try squeeze out some more life out of my 9700 which will be kind of fulfilling on its own.
    peacefulberry and richardat like this.
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    I was all up for buying a Z10 until today's presentation. I was truly hoping for something that would want to make others join our team but alas that did not happen. The fact that BB10 will not be available until sometime in March in the states is another huge slap in the face. Lord knows how long it will take to be released in Bermuda... 2 or 3 months from now I guess. I really wanted to see BlackBerry knock this one out of the park today but they didn't. I seriously expected much more considering how long they have been working on it... 2 years!? SMH!
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    At this stage, with Australia being screwed like the USA I think I'm going to pass on the Z10. I was ready with cash. Pity.
    richardat likes this.
    01-30-13 03:10 PM
    Unless I can bring in a Rogers white one i will just keep using my Note 2 till the s4 drops. Heck Android will have an exact replica bb10 launcher out before we get it in the states lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    AbuYazeedUK and BBGary like this.
    01-30-13 03:18 PM
    Never in my wildest dreams did I think that RIM would actually make people NOT WANT IT when introducing it.. I never thought it would be groundbreaking ( which it should have been) , but I also thought they would have known better after all the complaints the past year. Based on how long it took to develop, it legitly should be the cutting edge, ground breaking, better then the rest in specs " perfect " phone.
    crackd11 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:19 PM
    Actually it's about the same price as the flagship Windows 8 phone, which also won't sell at that price. Companies just don't get it. It doesn't matter than your product is just as good as the market leading competition's; you can't just charge the same price as them. You MUST be noticeably cheaper. Maybe none of this matters as the majority don't care about the price of the phone - just whether they can afford the monthly plan payments. I hope it does well; I just won't be an early adopter.
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    I've changed my mind... I have my eyes on another phone now: the Q10. Those photos look absolutely great!
    AGeleff, SirJes, motor96 and 4 others like this.
    01-30-13 03:25 PM
    NOPE. i got my text message from rogers today. my z10 is coming next week!
    robkd and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 03:25 PM
    I am do for an upgrade in a month and I had been waiting for today to roll around to check out what RIM had to offer. Nothing I saw today sealed the deal for me though. I have a month to hear some real world reports. And to see what other phones are coming. There is getting to be a lot of choice though.
    01-30-13 03:28 PM
    Im here in NY so from my perspective is that I can't have it in my hands for a month or so. I have read some reviews and there seem to be 2 major complaints;

1: Screen brightness is dim and there does not seem to be a way of increasing it.

2: Call quality is not that great.

Now to be fair this is a 1.0 phone, so I expect these things to be ironed out, but I may wait for another 1-2 months before getting two phones.

-Jeff
    01-30-13 03:30 PM
    The reviews from actual users needs to be positive or I might have to finally abandon ship because from what I'm reading now (and the ridiculous delay in the US) it is very disheartening.
    01-30-13 03:30 PM
    The phone needs to hit the user base for a consensus of reviews by everyday users. Then we'll know the real scoop.

And no, I've NOT CHANGED MY MIND. I'll be buying a Z10 sometime between Q3 of this yer and Q1 of 2014. I think the Z10 looks great. I love my current Berry, but I'll upgrade to the new 10 as stated. Looking forward to it!
    01-30-13 03:34 PM
    Dropping my S3 for the WHite z10 on rogers which i just just preorderd.

The Hub does it for me as well as having skype, bbm, bbm video chat. My wife is deciding between the z10 and q10 and will get one of those.

I'm not sure what some of you expected. The presentation was a bit bland, but most people DON"T know what crackberry readers do. THey had to show it off all again.

Meh.. I thought the iphone 5 had all the hype but nothing in the results. The z10 is sexy, with a great screen and has 70000 apps.. Thats a good start for me.
    meganVee, robkd, eephus1 and 9 others like this.
    01-30-13 03:37 PM
312 123 ...