All signs point to Sprint being behind the other carriers on releasing BB10 phones. It sure would be nice if Sprint recognized the small opportunity it may have by making BB10 phones available, in store, by mid February. I doubt they would pick off huge numbers from ATT and Verizon, but with Unlimited Data and a 1 month jump, they might get a few. I know I will most likely move to another carrier if they are going to far past mid march on releasing the phone.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01...lackberry-q10/

Not very encouraging news in the link and Sprints press release. Later in the year? Not positive! Wow, and NO Z10. just Q10.
    Last edited by geoffsdad; 01-30-13 at 11:55 AM. Reason: added link
    01-30-13 11:41 AM
    RUMOR: based on a few reps i spoke w/, they were leaning toward end of Feb,,, this is not written in stone...
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    My guess is when Sprint went to bed with Apple there are some contract issues with other devices. I think thats why they are only offering the BlackBerry Q10. Sprint can say that its not a full touch screen device and stop any litigation from Apple.
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    My guess is when Sprint went to bed with Apple there are some contract issues with other devices. I think thats why they are only offering the BlackBerry Q10. Sprint can say that its not a full touch screen device and stop any litigation from Apple.
    I also feel this might have something to do with Sprint not offering the Z10 as well as them never fully bringing Windows 8 phones to market.
    01-30-13 12:52 PM
    I just received a response from @sprintcare on twitter to this question I sent to them:

@sprintcare what's with the lack of Blackberry Z10 on @sprint news release, really not carrying it?

Sprint Care Sprint Care ‏@sprintcare

@Z_Mc88 We're stoked about the BB10! - We will definitively be getting it, check it out here: BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint *CDM

Now this could just be a misstep by the social media rep, but this to me says they will have the Z10, just no announcement yet. I sent a follow-up question and will post if I get a response.
    01-30-13 01:20 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-q10...omment-1410939

Perhaps everyone should bombard them with the same question: "What about the Z10?"

https://twitter.com/sprintcare/
    http://www.facebook.com/sprint?fref=ts
    https://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint.../contactus.jsp

But, my gut is telling me they won't be carrying the Z10. I've been with Sprint for YEARS, but come August when my contract is up, if they don't have the Z10 (or future BB10 fullscreen), then I'll most likely leave.
    01-30-13 01:29 PM
    This is from a different post I sent to Sprint's twitter account, and got a different answer from the one above.

@sprint No Blackberry Z10? #nevahold
    Expand

Sprint Care Sprint Care ‏@sprintcare

@Z_Mc88 No official word on the Z10, hopefully we get it. Keep posted at BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint for the latest Sprint BB10 news *DJS
    01-30-13 01:44 PM
    I believe that Sprint will offer the Z10 at some point but may be a while. If you look at the device lineup that they have on line, they are very limited on devices with physical keyboards (which I prefer). I hope all of the touch screen users get access to the Z10.
    01-30-13 01:55 PM
    I'm a long time sprint user I got a email up when AT&T or TMoblie get there Z10 bye bye sprint
    01-30-13 06:35 PM
    Mid March you say, try reading this going to burst Sprint BB Customers Bubble
    News Releases

30 January 2013
    Sprint to Bring Truly Unlimited 4G LTE to BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    NEW YORK & OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), January 30, 2013 - Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced plans to carry the new BlackBerry� Q10 smartphone later this year. Powered by BlackBerry� 10, this device will benefit from Truly Unlimited? 4G LTE data, text and calling to any mobile with no metering, no throttling, and no overages, all while on the Sprint network.

The new BlackBerry Q10 smartphone is based on the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform and offers customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Q10 smartphone will be the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a physical QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen, delivering a smarter experience that continuously adapts to a customer’s needs.

Additional details, including pricing, will be shared closer to availability. Customers can get more information about the new BlackBerry Q10 smartphone from Sprint at Sprint.

“Sprint and RIM have been strong partners for more than a dozen years, and we have an extremely loyal base of BlackBerry customers who will appreciate the features of the new BlackBerry 10 platform,” said David Owens, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “We also look forward to adding BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to our portfolio and bringing the enterprise mobility solution to our customers.”

“The BlackBerry Q10 smartphone delivers a powerful new platform for BlackBerry customers,” said Carlo Chiarello, executive vice president-Global Smartphone Business, RIM. “Combined with the 4G LTE network and service plans from Sprint, BlackBerry Q10 customers will be delighted with a re-invented communication experience, seamless multitasking, easy access to multiple social networks and the peace of mind that BlackBerry security gives them.”

Sprint Newsroom | Sprint to Bring Truly Unlimited 4G LTE to BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    01-30-13 06:42 PM
    I asked a rep about the Z10 and she asked her manager for me and they said in the spring sometime that they are not exactly sure when but they are going to carry the Z10. I'll be happy with that instead of depressed and assume they will not get the Z10 just because they haven't confirmed it. They haven't confirmed anything so until then...I have a nice smile on my while I pick out accessories for my Z10(soon to be mine at least)
    I do not believe anything the reps and managers say. They all say different things. Until there is a press release about it, then to me, they are not getting it.
    02-05-13 08:50 AM
    I signed up for T-mobile notifications. I'm going to sign up for AT&T too. Clock is ticking Sprint...
    02-07-13 02:08 PM