Should i just do ebay or have a friend in Canada buy it? Please consider this a serious question. Thank you.
    kdna likes this.
    01-30-13 11:09 AM
    Yes

Best serious answer ATM.
    01-30-13 11:12 AM
    I'm also interested. Called Telus and they said no preorders on a month to month plan, since you have to have some kind of plan to buy the phone outright.

Who are the UK CDMA carriers, if that even matters?
    01-30-13 11:13 AM
    There are no CDMA carriers, nor would it matter. Patience peeps. You should be able to pre-order tomorrow, and have that baby in hand early March. First Q promised, first Q delivered. Most motivated GSM users will have it sooner, if money isn't a factor. I'm VZW, so believe me, I'd love, love, love it sooner too.
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    I would like to buy BB10 without any contract... I'm also a verizon customer.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
    I am an AT&T customer and I wanted the white phone and I wanted it some time in February. This delay has released all the air out of the US market balloon. the old RIM seems to still be at the controls. I am hoping in the next few days the new Blackberry may announce some type of plan where you can buy an unlocked version direct from them once they realize the blunder that they created with the delay in the US market.
    01-30-13 11:33 AM
    Its not blackberry. Its your carriers. You actually think they couldnt send a truck across the canadian border on feb 5th? This is no manufacturing, shipping, trade hurdle. Its your carriers taking there sweet *** time to get there act togethor, "test" the phones and release them.
    meganVee, iToya and kdna like this.
    01-30-13 11:45 AM
    Then why not sell an unlocked version themselves. They could have hit every possible avenue that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 11:51 AM
    Then why not sell an unlocked version themselves. They could have hit every possible avenue that way.

Yes, why not sell a unlocked version on the darn website. Geeeeeez.
    austriker and kdna like this.
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    Yes, why not sell a unlocked version on the darn website. Geeeeeez.
    Presumably because they don't want to burn any bridges with the american carriers even with this lukewarm reception to the new device.
    southlander likes this.
    01-30-13 12:03 PM
    There are no CDMA carriers, nor would it matter. Patience peeps. You should be able to pre-order tomorrow, and have that baby in hand early March. First Q promised, first Q delivered. Most motivated GSM users will have it sooner, if money isn't a factor. I'm VZW, so believe me, I'd love, love, love it sooner too.
    Can you expand on why it does not matter? I called Blackberry (RIM) and they said that all BB Z10's have the same internals and it just depends on how your carrier sets them up. If that's the case then I don't see why a phone from another carrier can't be used on Verizon's network. The Z10 must have the ability to jump onto CDMA and GSM networks for regions across the globe that don't have LTE or 4G.

Not knowing whats inside is screwing up my decision making process.
    01-30-13 12:23 PM
    I am an AT&T customer and I wanted the white phone and I wanted it some time in February. This delay has released all the air out of the US market balloon. the old RIM seems to still be at the controls. I am hoping in the next few days the new Blackberry may announce some type of plan where you can buy an unlocked version direct from them once they realize the blunder that they created with the delay in the US market.
    I thought ATT took other GSM carrier phones onto their network. If so, why don't you just order one from Telus or Bell canada and buy it outright?
    01-30-13 12:24 PM
    I heard WIND and Tmobile are compatible is this true? Would WIND need to "unlock" the phone for it to be used on Tmobile?
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
    Any Americans wanting a BB10 device... give me $100 over what I can buy it for (after tax) and pay for shipping to your location.... depending on availability, could start shipping Feb 5th from here in Canada. Any takers?

Sorry US... sometimes you can't get everything first.... please dont blame BB though... blame your carriers!
    dunerzr likes this.
    01-30-13 12:30 PM
    Which Canadian carrier do I buy, Rogers/Telus/Bell?

Will any of the above work on TMobile and get at least 3G? And I'm presuming BIS is gone, so paying for a special BB data plan is no longer needed, right?
    01-30-13 12:33 PM
    same question here.

I can go off contract from Verizon. Wanna buy one asap.

It should work on the Verizon network if it's unlocked? How much are they unlocked and off contract?
    01-30-13 12:37 PM
    I would take you up on that offer if it works with ATT.
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    Presumably because they don't want to burn any bridges with the american carriers even with this lukewarm reception to the new device.
    Like it could get worse lol. They should have had them unlocked

01-30-13 12:41 PM
    I would take you up on that offer if it works with ATT.
    I'm with Rogers... unlocked it should work on ATT.
    01-30-13 12:44 PM
    Any Americans wanting a BB10 device... give me $100 over what I can buy it for (after tax) and pay for shipping to your location.... depending on availability, could start shipping Feb 5th from here in Canada. Any takers?

Sorry US... sometimes you can't get everything first.... please dont blame BB though... blame your carriers!
    Oh, i do blame the US carriers. Probably need to make sure the phones meet "Homeland security/Patriot Act" threshold of tapping.
    JR A and SK122387 like this.

Don't apologize to us. Its You and every BB user that will pay in the end. From apps to everything thing else.

I'm sure they will start popping up on eBay My question is would the LTE frequency used in Canada and abroad work here in the US?
    01-30-13 12:45 PM
    Can you expand on why it does not matter? I called Blackberry (RIM) and they said that all BB Z10's have the same internals and it just depends on how your carrier sets them up. If that's the case then I don't see why a phone from another carrier can't be used on Verizon's network. The Z10 must have the ability to jump onto CDMA and GSM networks for regions across the globe that don't have LTE or 4G.

Not knowing whats inside is screwing up my decision making process.
    I'm no hardware/software engineer, but while LTE theoretically should work fine, provided the phone was unlocked and setup properly (the carrier has the right to choose who is/isn't on their network). Were you to be out of LTE range, you'd have one expensive paperweight. Again though, not being a tech, I could be wrong.
    01-30-13 12:47 PM
    I'm no hardware/software engineer, but while LTE theoretically should work fine, provided the phone was unlocked and setup properly (the carrier has the right to choose who is/isn't on their network). Were you to be out of LTE range, you'd have one expensive paperweight. Again though, not being a tech, I could be wrong.
    My thinking is just like yours. I just don't know if Verizon would even allow another carriers device on their network or if they can even tell now.
    01-30-13 12:58 PM
    I know this sucks major big time!! Anybody knows of a place from Canada that will ship to the US? Also I know Rogers phones are compatible with At&t. But are Rogers phone unbranded? I hate a branded BlackBerry
    01-30-13 01:06 PM
125 123 ...