Can someone give us some hearsay or actual feedback ? thanks
    01-28-13 12:04 PM
    Can someone give us some hearsay or actual feedback ? thanks
    No replies indicates to me that Rim's Z10 leak program was brilliant marketing .
    00stryder and jesse_h like this.
    01-28-13 09:56 PM
    Haven't heard a peep about it, so I concur. Even the CB team is keeping unusually mum...
    01-28-13 10:09 PM
    Well some weeks ago, Twitter user @BlackberryScoop mentioned many leaks were done on purpose by RIM. I believe his statement and think it is a common practice and has also been done by HTC, Apple, Nokia just to name a few. It is a decent way to keep interest in future releases up while not doing any active advertising. It is more interesting for the userbase too.

As for the X10:
    I remember reading an article on Engadget I think which mentioned a X10 hands-on. The author said the X10 felt awkward due to the very uncommon 1:1 screen ratio. However that report was pretty old anyways and Engadget was overall negatively biased against BB10. They weren't excited about the full-touch variant either.

I also think at least one of the CB crew, either Kevin or Adam handled an X10 and just mentioned we shouldn't believe some reports about the BB10 QWERTY - without giving out any details though.
    Desifly likes this.
    01-29-13 01:37 AM
    Well what are you interested in hearing about?
    01-29-13 10:07 AM
    You have to be more specific in your questions if you want to know anything.
    01-29-13 10:17 AM
    I used one in December, it is a nice device. Keyboard is solid like the 9900's. I found the bezel gestures from the bottom of the screen to be a bit tricky since there is only a thin strip to start your fingers on. (I may have been doing this wrong anyways)

I'm hoping there is some way to adjust the icons on the screen as I didn't care for only 4 icons per screen.

This was all beta software obviously so who knows what will be released when it goes live. But it didn't crash or do anything stupid for me in my 15 minutes of playing with it and the Z10
    Bbnivende and motor96 like this.
    01-29-13 10:23 AM
    Well some weeks ago, Twitter user @BlackberryScoop mentioned many leaks were done on purpose by RIM. I believe his statement and think it is a common practice and has also been done by HTC, Apple, Nokia just to name a few. It is a decent way to keep interest in future releases up while not doing any active advertising. It is more interesting for the userbase too.
    I personally think this conspiracy theory nonsense about orchestrated leaks is laughable when the vastly simpler explanation is that more leaks occur when there are more devices available to leak, that is after they have gone to the carriers and that the n-series simply hasn't gone into carrier labs to the same extent yet.
    01-29-13 12:21 PM
    Not suggesting a conspiracy - I think all the leaks and the timing of the leaks has helped to grow the interest. To the extent that RIM might have helped this along was brilliant marketing. Much better than Nokia managed for their latest phone. Regardless of the source, the end result has put the Z10 into the spotlight. The Z10 represents the modern face of Blackberry. You can tell from the mixed reviews of the X10 rendering that most pundits will likely view the X10 as "old Blackberry with a twist". All in all, RIM has had a great build up campaign prior to the launch.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-29-13 at 05:20 PM.
    01-29-13 05:09 PM
    Yeah, I'm sure tomorrow the CrackBerry team will both SEE and USE the X10.
    01-29-13 06:11 PM
    I can't wait to see a 10 in action. better yet to use it myself! i will be looking for a x10 bbm group as well when it comes out. sorry, back to the topic
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-29-13 06:17 PM
    Just tell us everything you know/can Sith
    01-29-13 06:46 PM
    "Without a doubt, it has a physical keyboard."
    -Trusted source
    nappp, LazyEvul, motor96 and 1 others like this.
    01-29-13 07:43 PM
    "Without a doubt, it has a physical keyboard."
    -Trusted source
    let me guess, a friend at RIM? must be true!
    01-29-13 07:50 PM
    Is the back the same as the Playbook or the Z10 or neither?
    Is the device leaked - the actual device ?
    Is the size identical or nearly so to the BB 9900?
    Screen size?
    Is the BB10 experience adequate ?

- not that I expect any answers - but Thanks
    01-29-13 08:41 PM
    Is the back the same as the Playbook or the Z10 or neither?
    Is the device leaked - the actual device ?
    Is the size identical or nearly so to the BB 9900?
    Screen size?
    Is the BB10 experience adequate ?

- not that I expect any answers - but Thanks
    In the one I saw:

- back feels like you would expect from the photos. Glossy and smooth, not textured like the Playbook. To me, the Z10 back felt a bit like the second gen Torch in comparison. Who knows if that's the production back though.
    - couldn't compare side by side with a 9900, but it felt thicker. Could be because it doesn't have the tapered edge of the 9900 but I'm pretty sure it actually is thicker. Felt heavier than I remember the 9900 being too.
    - screen size is pretty much like the 9900 except a bit taller
    - BB10 is ok from the time I got to play with it. The stock backgrounds are horrible. I don't like the icons. On the Z10 they look kind of OK, but on the X10 it looked wayyyyy over saturated. Hopefully they tone it down before release.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-29-13 09:58 PM