how will we be able to bridge a
    PB with OS10 and BB Phone with OS7,0

Do we have to upgrade to a BB 10 phone to link our our future PB 10

I still have a years contract with my carrier before an upgrade

01-27-13 05:29 PM
    RIM always updates Bridge on the phone OS before the update on the playbook comes. You can be rest assured that RIM wouldn't be stupid enough to make their phones incompatible with the playbook. I think you're getting ahead of yourself because bb10 for playbook won't be around for a few more months.
    01-27-13 06:06 PM
    I highly doubt it. There is already a bridge between PBOS2, which is QNX, and BBOS7. Why get rid of it with BB10?
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-27-13 06:07 PM
    It will be added to the mix like the Bridge is available for OS 4.5 and higher... I REALLY DON'T know why people are so stressed....
    01-27-13 06:46 PM
    It will be added to the mix like the Bridge is available for OS 4.5 and higher... I REALLY DON'T know why people are so stressed....
    THIS! Tell them one more time lol. Bridge isn't going anywhere anytime soon! If anything happens to bridge it will be enhancements. Its not going away.

RIM's got this!

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 06:56 PM
    OS7 will be upgraded to BB10 beginning next month if not sooner.
    01-27-13 07:19 PM
    lol another one who knows something.. Do you know something the rest of us don't?
    01-27-13 07:31 PM
    I don't think my Torch will be upgraded to BB10
    seamonky and Mr Rtic like this.
    01-27-13 09:43 PM
    I don't think my Torch will be upgraded to BB10
    That's right. No current hardware will be recieving BB10.
    01-27-13 10:17 PM
    That's right. No current hardware will be receiving BB10.
    Except PlayBook, right?

"Bridge" is one of BlackBerry's features considered as mobile computing... I don't think that RIM will give up something good in them... they will surely improve it, but never give up...
    01-27-13 11:39 PM
    so why upgrade to a BB10 phone, when I can run all the new BB10 app on my PB
    01-28-13 09:01 AM
    PlayBook will. Months from now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-28-13 09:11 AM
    You did not just say "months from now". I'm a loyal rimmer (ok that didn't sound right) but if they don't come out with a playbook BB10 update this week I'm going nexus. As I've said on many a forum, playbook's were the foot in the door, or coffin, keeping RIM in play and people excited for what was to come.

Leaving playbook's hanging on the BB10 update would be RIM's last fatal flaw. Don't forget the people that kept you alive RIM!

God I'm like a little kid at Christmas. Will we get it? Won't we? Arrrrggh! Anyone else have bb10 playbook anxiety?
    01-28-13 09:21 AM
    Except PlayBook, right?

"Bridge" is one of BlackBerry's features considered as mobile computing... I don't think that RIM will give up something good in them... they will surely improve it, but never give up...

Yes except Playbook.
    01-28-13 09:22 AM
    PlayBook will. Months from now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    I love this "months from now". Everyone is an expert but no one here really knows this.
    01-28-13 09:23 AM
    Until BB10 for PB shows up it is vapor ware. Won't change from android phone until I see want the os does on PB. End of story.
    01-28-13 12:09 PM
    Until BB10 for PB shows up it is vapor ware. Won't change from android phone until I see want the os does on PB. End of story.
    Ok well enjoy, it's not vapour ware... but I guess we can't change everyones minds...
    01-28-13 12:12 PM
    now RIM tells us they have 75,000 apps ready for OS 10
    I am sure that apps for OS 10 will work on the PB os10, but may not be maximised for the PB

I guess this is like android 2,1 which was for the Android phones, but you could run them on the first Android tablets, and they still run on the cheap off-brand tablets
    Only with Android 3,1 the real tablet apps come out
    That is why the Ipad had such a big advantage up to 12 months ago in the OS and Apps, but most of their Apps were more expensive
    I just hope RIM is not disappointing
    I promised my wife for last xmas a tablet, but told her she had to wait until begin of February
    so its either a PB 64 or the Ipad mini 16
    we need one tablet when we travel which can run Skype
    so the decision is with RIM
    01-28-13 08:00 PM
    QNX requires a multiple core processor. The legacy OS is single core. Bridge functionality should be just fine however.
    01-28-13 10:36 PM
    You did not just say "months from now". I'm a loyal rimmer (ok that didn't sound right) but if they don't come out with a playbook BB10 update this week I'm going nexus. As I've said on many a forum, playbook's were the foot in the door, or coffin, keeping RIM in play and people excited for what was to come.

Leaving playbook's hanging on the BB10 update would be RIM's last fatal flaw. Don't forget the people that kept you alive RIM!

God I'm like a little kid at Christmas. Will we get it? Won't we? Arrrrggh! Anyone else have bb10 playbook anxiety?
    Nah, it comes when it comes. All my anxiety quota is currently reserved for the Z10 side. Two more sleeps!!!
    Zyzomys likes this.
    01-28-13 10:44 PM
    BB10 should absolutely run on the PlayBook. *It is QNX. Think of BB10 more as a UI with QNX as the OS. Phone related functions will have to be deleted which will almost certainly require tweaking of BB10 for PlayBook but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
    01-28-13 10:48 PM