Sonos, maker of some fine home wifi music gear has made an app for BB10....AWESOME!!!

Thank You Sonos!!

Room Tunes - Home
    01-26-13 10:13 AM
    Is this an official app? Because the link takes you to RoomTunes. Its an important app non the less
    01-26-13 10:56 AM
    That's a third party app, actually, but good... the Android version of the official Sonos app is kind of ... "Android-y" (i.e. text heavy, inconsistent UI and just kind-of ugly). The screenshots on this app look much nicer than the official one! Probably won't be free though...
    01-26-13 11:00 AM
    Is it a port over?...says native BB10 UI
    01-26-13 11:01 AM
    This is exciting.
    01-26-13 11:12 AM
    Thanks guys for the interest in my new app. RoomTunes is a brand new sonos controller designed specifically for the new BB10 phones. It is a native bb10 app and has been written from scratch. Currently it only supports Spotify and Rdio music services but more are coming soon, including Pandora support. There are a few minor bugs that i'm working on solving right now but these will be fixed very soon.

By the way RoomTunes not affiliated with Sonos in any way - it's an independent development. Any feedback or feature requests are welcome - please visit the support pages at roomtunesapp.com - thanks!
    01-26-13 04:37 PM
    LOL...I got a tweet through the Sonos groups page and never even looked...was excited to share the news. Happy you stepped up roomtunes...will definitely give her a spin.
    01-26-13 11:55 PM
    If your having a BlackBerry 10 Phone you dont need any sonos controller app. With the native music app you Can connect to you sonos system and play Your music. Turn on wifi connection. Hold tap on a song and press: play on. Your phone find the sonos system.
    Play your music trough the sonos system.
    #BB10Believe from Amsterdam
    tazish likes this.
    02-07-13 01:42 PM
    it works on any dlna!
    02-07-13 01:54 PM
    Thanks guys for the interest in my new app. RoomTunes is a brand new sonos controller designed specifically for the new BB10 phones. It is a native bb10 app and has been written from scratch. Currently it only supports Spotify and Rdio music services but more are coming soon, including Pandora support. There are a few minor bugs that i'm working on solving right now but these will be fixed very soon.

By the way RoomTunes not affiliated with Sonos in any way - it's an independent development. Any feedback or feature requests are welcome - please visit the support pages at roomtunesapp.com - thanks!
    �7.50 is a bit expensive for the app , i will not be purchasing it.
    02-07-13 05:42 PM
    holy crap you're right. this is fantastic. I hope they can get some plugins working like songza.
    02-07-13 11:03 PM
    I'm sorry mate but I have to agree. $10 CDN is too expensive just based on principle. I know you want to make oodles of cash but thats a little pricey and considering BB10 music player will connect your own music what is the huge advantage of your app. Now if you had a songza plugin and were priced a little less I might consider.
    02-07-13 11:05 PM
    Bought it. Works well. I emailed the developer to ask about getting the music services working and he/she is working out in.
    02-10-13 10:26 AM
    Hi, I downloaded Room Tunes yesterday. It seems like a nice app, but I have not gotten it to connect to my sonos yet. I tried the following so far. reset my router and updated my sonos components, but I still have not had success connecting. I will try to reset my router and all sonos components next to see if that works.
    I am looking forward to getting it connected.
    Any Ideas?
    02-19-13 01:41 PM
    So after all the money spent on Sonos, some people find $10 too much to spend on a controller app? Consider the actual Sonos Controller sells for $399...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-22-13 06:38 PM
    So after all the money spent on Sonos, some people find $10 too much to spend on a controller app? Consider the actual Sonos Controller sells for $399...
    For me, it's a matter of principal. Android and iOS users get a FREE app...from Sonos. Meanwhile, BlackBerry users have to pay $10-15 to a third party to develop the app. While I'm glad the third parties stepped up, Sonos shouldn't be so arrogant as to decide which mobile devices their customers should use. Everyone knows that it won't take much effort for Sonos to port the Android version over to BB10.And the $399 Sonos controller is for the hardware and the software. We're talking about software only, which doesn't have to be built from scratch.
    04-27-13 06:57 AM
    I had the same philosophical issue about paying for a 'free app' but I realized that using the $100 prepaid android I bought exclusively for the Sonos app when I was on the 9900 and knew there was no hope for a (good) Sonos app was a hassle and decided to take the plunge. I'm very glad I did. Now I control my system way more and I feel good supporting a dev that is really responsive. I asked about the Songza plug in and he got me on the new version early (its out now I think) and the Songza plug in works like a charm. Due to his responsiveness I bought the app for my wife's z10 as well. We are both very happy with it and none the worse for the $20. I like supporting devs that bring the missing puzzle pieces to this platform. Especially when they are as responsive as this dev. Take the plunge and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:50 AM
    My room tunes is working great. Only issue for me is that I can't seem to access any music services. I must be doing it wrong, but I cannot find the menu for the services.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:25 AM
    �7.50 is a bit expensive for the app , i will not be purchasing it.
    If I've paid upwards of $1000 for Sonos, I don't mind spending a few more bucks for a decent controller app.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:32 AM
    For me, it's a matter of principal. Android and iOS users get a FREE app...from Sonos. Meanwhile, BlackBerry users have to pay $10-15 to a third party to develop the app. While I'm glad the third parties stepped up, Sonos shouldn't be so arrogant as to decide which mobile devices their customers should use. Everyone knows that it won't take much effort for Sonos to port the Android version over to BB10.And the $399 Sonos controller is for the hardware and the software. We're talking about software only, which doesn't have to be built from scratch.
    Okay, but your beef is with Sonos. BB10 users probably comprise less than 1% of their users at this point, so there's not a lot of incentive for Sonos to produce an app yet.

We all want that to change, and I'm sure it will, but in the meantime why not support an independent developer if he's taken the time to produce a decent controller app?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-27-13 10:38 AM
    Guess that is your call but people have to get paid for what they do.... or do you work for free? You see you can just not buy the app but by posting that it is too expensive, you take the next step up and are trying to place your own commercial value on something. Would be great if one could come into your work place and do the same. Sorry, not willing to pay you that much mate or how about you do it again, my way?? How long would you work at a place that was like that. Its called the free market, doesn' mean things are "free". Best smiley face I can muster!!!!
    04-27-13 12:49 PM
    Look at it this way: Sonos own failure to produce a Blackberry 10 app created a gap (and an opportunity) for other developers to fill that gap.

Any developer who chooses to do so could potentially make a little money at it, but they also take a risk: if the time comes that Sonos develops their own app for BB10 and distributes it for free, it could kill off the market for the 3rd party apps.

Lastly - if Sonos doesn't like the fact that someone is charging $10 for such an app, or they don't like the way it works or reflects on their product, then they might be more motivated to create their own (potentially free) alternative.

So to me you have a win/win situation:

1. You now have a Sonos remote app for BB10 that Sonos didn't care enough to build themselves
    2. The likelihood is higher that Sonos may release their own app for BB10 in the future
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-27-13 04:27 PM
    Just installed the room tunes update and now I can access rdio and slacker. Awesome. Can't wait for other music services to be available.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:04 PM
    If your having a BlackBerry 10 Phone you dont need any sonos controller app. With the native music app you Can connect to you sonos system and play Your music. Turn on wifi connection. Hold tap on a song and press: play on. Your phone find the sonos system.
    Play your music trough the sonos system.
    #BB10Believe from Amsterdam
    But this doesn't give you volume control or ability to group your system. Not bad for a quick play but otherwise you are still getting up for volume.

I paid the money for the app much more functional. Kudos to the developer.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:28 PM
    There actually is a volume control. In the 'play' mode, if you click on the speaker icon, you can adjust the volume.

Posted via CB10
    tazish likes this.
    05-04-13 08:51 AM
28 12