The BlackBerry 10 release date is coming and so too is RIM�s last shot at the big time.

Forget your comparisons to Google�s Android and Apple�s iOS, Windows Phone 8 from Microsoft is a truly brilliant mobile OS and a joy to play with. It�s fast, efficient, fun and gorgeous to look at, plus the Windows Phone 8 app library is a growing force to be reckoned with.

Sadly however, all the glory and gorgeousness in the world still doesn�t seem to be enough for Windows Phone 8 to begin even nibbling at the ankles of Android�s Smartphone market share. In fact, even Apple�s iOS is starting to pale in comparison to the unstoppable juggernaut from Google, though chances are its number-two position is safe for this decade and the next at least.

The question therefore is this � if Windows Phone 8 has delivered the goods in no uncertain terms and continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel, exactly how big a chance does RIM�s BlackBerry 10 have? After all, no manufacturer or device range has ever suffered such a catastrophic loss of status or general bashing from the critics, so how will BB10 shine in the face of such competition?

Well, the one thing that BlackBerry 10 may have in its favor is the theory that over the past couple years, millions of devotees jumped ship to fresher and newer Android and iOS devices, though to some extent never let go of their love for BlackBerry. Various trademark features and functionalities stole the hearts of tens of millions across the consumer and corporate markets and RIM would most likely have held onto its loyal legions across the world, if it had been able to keep up in the technology front.

So, if BlackBerry 10 hits the market later this month and successfully brings together all that made BlackBerry a world leader several years ago with the cutting-edge technology behind Android and iOS�s success, there�s every reason to believe that a migration could occur in the opposite direction.

Everyone that left BlackBerry did so for a reason � what if they�ve really managed to address and correct all these reasons in spades?

Windows Phone 8 was and is trying to build on a market that�s always been small � BlackBerry 10 is looking to win back tens of millions who may still have a soft-spot for RIM.

Roll on January 30th!
    BlackBerry 10 Vs Windows Phone 8
    bluetroll and JahmeZZ like this.
    01-21-13 06:50 AM
    It won't happen overnight, but RIM will surely climb back up over time.
    01-21-13 12:22 PM
    While I haven't used either, I do have win8 on my lappy but not a phone, I really do not like win8's start page and the apps that go with that side. Options and settings are very limited. It may be different on a phone or tablet but I absolutely do not like it on my lappy. After startup I make one click to the desktop and stay there, I use nothing from the tiles side at all.
    01-21-13 12:42 PM
    I haven't owned a BlackBerry since 2010. I was one of those that was saying RIM is dead and After looking at the slides, I am more excited about BlackBerry 10 more than ever! I think Research in Motion has a real winner here. I commend +Microsoft for finally getting it together, But I wasn't that impressed with Windows Phone and after using Windows 8 on my HP Laptop, the Live Tiles are annoying.
    01-21-13 01:15 PM
    I'm almost forgetting about windows and focusing on iPhone...
    01-21-13 01:29 PM
    I'm one of those... Left bb for WP7... Ready to get back a bb
    01-21-13 03:35 PM