Hi everyone,

I have read around on CB, speculation and possible celeberties on Jan. 30. Just imagine if RIM has given us the answear and is right under our noses :-)

Here is the hint... ;-) BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - Global

What do you think??
    Attached Thumbnails [pure speculation]  BB on fire!!-img_00000067.jpg   [pure speculation]  BB on fire!!-air_20130121_00000.jpg  
    01-20-13 09:07 PM
    I don't think so...it's likely just because that song is (or was at the time of the ad) at the top of the charts.

They need their celebrity to be Will Shatner.
    01-20-13 09:12 PM
    It would tie in nicely with the Hunger Games if so...though that movie isn't exactly new.
    01-20-13 09:58 PM
    Just for giggles, they should have Arnold Swartzenegger come in with his famous Terminator Quote, "I'll be back" ...but with a small change to "I'm back" . RIM is Back baby!
    01-20-13 10:01 PM
    Just for giggles, they should have Arnold Swartzenegger come in with his famous Terminator Quote, "I'll be back" ...but with a small change to "I'm back" . RIM is Back baby!
    That would be awesome. Imagine he announce a new terminator movie at the same time? Super bublicity!!!
    01-20-13 10:39 PM
    I rather think Thorsten could manage the required accent pretty well. Who needs Ah-nold? ;-)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-20-13 10:47 PM
    If we're going to use the line "I'm Back" I'd rather have the one from "Independence Day" a much better payback scene!
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    01-21-13 03:41 AM
    No to the Arnold! His stock as a celebrity has drop long time ago. He is old and tired. BB10 in no way is The Expendables that were made up of a bunch of has been. It's got to be someone younger who bridge between the younger and older generation.
    01-21-13 06:21 AM
    No to the Arnold! His stock as a celebrity has drop long time ago. He is old and tired. BB10 in no way is The Expendables that were made up of a bunch of has been. It's got to be someone younger who bridge between the younger and older generation.
    for example... Alicia Keys ;-)

I truly appreciate Alicia image. IMHO, she is able to be (very) successful and still maintain a (very) positive public image. Hence, I would really like to see BB associated with her image... she is young, successful, great voice, positive public image... even though, I doubt she would accept to be associated to any brand.

H
    Last edited by digitalman101; 01-21-13 at 07:46 AM.
    bquinney likes this.
    01-21-13 06:36 AM
    If we're going to use the line "I'm Back" I'd rather have the one from "Independence Day" a much better payback scene!
    Ohhh Randy Quaid?? I don't know about that.
    I do agree with someone younger and fresher...but I was just going for the "I'm Back" quote. Not a lot of movies have that particular line in it to really suggest the reality that BlackBerry is Back and better than ever.

To the Alicia one....hmm I can see her coming out onto the stage with a somewhat tribute to BlackBerry 10. She could start out with "These 10s' are on FIIIIRRREEE....these 10s' are on Fiiiiiire." then BAM smoke, explosive and special effects go out with the chorus line.
    01-21-13 12:24 PM
    I think Amy Winehouse will sing on Jan 30 live, Back to Black!
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:35 PM
    I think Amy Winehouse will sing on Jan 30 live, Back to Black!
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, but Winehouse died last year...
    01-21-13 12:44 PM
    You are mean... what about AC/DC with Back In Black?
    01-21-13 01:34 PM
    I don't like her personally, but Alicia Keys would be good. This is the demographic that needs to be aimed for. Aiming for the William shatner demographic as others have suggested really puts the stale old image of the same old RIM aiming for crusty 50+ year olds.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-21-13 01:45 PM
    How about giving the very first production of BB10 to the commander in Chief of US of A as a gift for his inauguration, after all he is one of the biggest fan..

We can aptly call it "BarackBerry".....
    01-21-13 01:51 PM
    for example... Alicia Keys ;-)

I truly appreciate Alicia image. IMHO, she is able to be (very) successful and still maintain a (very) positive public image. Hence, I would really like to see BB associated with her image... she is young, successful, great voice, positive public image... even though, I doubt she would accept to be associated to any brand.

H
    She already does Citi Bank commercials in the States...

digitalman101 and bquinney like this.
    01-21-13 01:57 PM
    I think there's something to this because she's doing the anthem at the superbowl and she's got a new tour starting up, and so she's very visible at this time.
    bquinney likes this.
    01-21-13 02:31 PM
    Oh, yes, I got this Alcia Keys hint too. She is going to be involved either at launch or maybe couple of months after launch (to re-create buzz).
    01-21-13 02:53 PM
    You are mean... what about AC/DC with Back In Black?
    Oh jeez, aren't we talking about perform live?
    I'm not being a ..... and saying that her music isn't good, I'm just saying she actually died last year..
    01-21-13 03:00 PM
    She already does Citi Bank commercials in the States...

I did not know, Thanks.
    01-21-13 03:00 PM
    As random as this is, more fuel to the fire...today, Alex Kinsella re-tweeted an image of Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys with the hashtag #blackberry.
    Further indication shows, Alicia Keys produced a movie that is being featured at the Sundance Festival and they had a party sponsored by Hennessy V.S., Reebok and BlackBerry.
    Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys Get Matchy-Matchy In Leather Tops At Sundance (PHOTOS)

[pure speculation]  BB on fire!!-o-jennifer-hudson-alicia-keys-570.jpg
    01-21-13 03:38 PM
    I watched the Golden Globes last Sunday, and Ben Afleck was on his Bold 9900/9930 when the camera showed him as he won for Best Director. It was just for a quick second before he realized he was being filmed (and that he'd won!), and he put his phone down in a state of shock before walking up to the stage. I think he'd make a great person to use in a commercial. He's really really talented, probably even more so as a director than an actor, especially after Argo.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-21-13 03:49 PM
    As random as this is, more fuel to the fire...today, Alex Kinsella re-tweeted an image of Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys with the hashtag #blackberry.
    Further indication shows, Alicia Keys produced a movie that is being featured at the Sundance Festival and they had a party sponsored by Hennessy V.S., Reebok and BlackBerry.
    Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys Get Matchy-Matchy In Leather Tops At Sundance (PHOTOS)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o-JENNIFER-HUDSON-ALICIA-KEYS-570.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	132054
    Oh my.. Oh my... This would be soooo big!
    01-21-13 03:55 PM
    Does anyone remember the promo a few months ago, about giving various people a BB10 device and a certain timeframe to get something done on the device, then unveil what they created? I could've sworn Lady Gaga was part of that. Let me snoop around to see if my memory is serving me right.

ETA: Yep, here we go! Lady Gaga, JK Rowling, & Ridley Scott! And the fruits of this will be shown at the announcement according to the video! Can't wait!

bquinney likes this.
    01-21-13 03:57 PM
    who you think is big hands??? Arnee's been part of the leak team.
    01-21-13 06:23 PM
42 12