Ok so a friend of mine just gave me a blackberry bold 9700 that she was using through Bell, she doesnt use it anymore and it still has a Bell SIM card in it. I live in Canada and currently use a phone through virgin wireless, how do i get my virgin account onto that phone? Ive been reading through these forums and theres lots of useful information but i cant seem to find a thread telling me how to do this. My Blackberry hasnt been unlocked yet and it still has all her contacts and videos on it, id like to know how to unlock the phone, erase or reset all the stuff she already has on the phone, and then how to get my Virgin SIM card to work in it. Im sure i sound like a noob to anyone whos knows anything about this but thats because i am lol, i been using the same crappy phone for a couple years now and just started learning about all the things i can actually do with this thing, id like to learn more and join this century lol, if anybody out there is bored and can help, let me know.
    01-18-13 01:11 PM
    taking some guesses and making assumptions, but...

remove your friends data:
    options > security > security wipe
    unlock:
    never done this myself, paid $10 to get it done at crystal mall (burnaby, BC), and previously pacific mall (markham, ON)
    SIM:
    pop your SIM in the back and call virgin and tell them that you're using a blackberry and they will change you to a blackberry data plan and you should be on your way
    01-18-13 01:25 PM
    For unlocking - head over to the unlocking forum here on Crackberry - you may be able to get a free unlock code.
    01-20-13 07:27 AM
    There was also a freemium unlocking app that would provide 3 unlock codes - and it worked on device. I'll see whether I can find a link....
    01-20-13 10:44 AM
    All you have to do is get that Bell bold Unlocked check on KIJIJI ads some do it for $5.00 very easy, all you will need is the IEMI number of that device found in Device and status information in options folder.
    I personally use ( Quickphoneunlock ) found on Kijiji never had a problem have unlocked at least 10 BBs so far.
    Good Luck
    01-20-13 10:56 AM
    This should help you get it unlocked:

http://www.appszona.com/ota/BBUnlocker/BB_Unlocker.jad
    01-20-13 11:03 AM