Another Austrian leak video shows apps and voice recognition.

Test BlackBerry Z10 Teil 2: Voice Control und Apps [Video] - Telekom Presse
    Dr.Deebs, DuexNoir, iToya and 4 others like this.
    01-18-13 11:35 AM
    bloody **** that voice control is really powerful... spot on.. voice recognition is awesome! as is the computers voice... less artificial, sounds more natural.. although i guess the same could be said for the competition...
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 11:41 AM
    About time RIM stepped their game up. Nice.
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 11:52 AM
    This vid shows how polished BB10 is going to be. Very nice!
    zyben and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-18-13 12:00 PM
    First time i see the voice at work. Definitely impressed on how smooth and fluid it is. Already past siri in quality and probably better thanthe google voice app baked into android...seing how the google app is by far better and faster than siri
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 12:05 PM
    I just squealed like a baby in my office..
    zyben, jesse_h and kbz1960 like this.
    01-18-13 12:11 PM
    Cant WAIT lol looks awesome
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 12:17 PM
    Looking smoooooth & damn HOT!
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 12:35 PM
    Damn that's a great system. very accurate.
    zyben and kbz1960 like this.
    01-18-13 12:53 PM
    He also says the maps look a lot like tom-tom maps, but what it actually is he does not know.
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 01:00 PM
    I hope the mapping app allows offline usage (downloading of mapping data). That would virtually eliminate the download lag.
    Rello likes this.
    01-18-13 01:13 PM
    Exciting, thanks for sharing
    01-18-13 01:14 PM
    I hope the mapping app allows offline usage (downloading of mapping data). That would virtually eliminate the download lag.
    Crossing every finger and toe for this feature lol. This alone would make maps much more useful
    01-18-13 01:47 PM
    We should give him a big hand for posting that video!
    dannyd86 likes this.
    01-18-13 01:47 PM
    Wow, that voice control is awesome! But I do notice that once he entered the music app after voice control, he had to go in there and physically choose the song and play. It would have been better if he was able to use voice commands for all that as well. I wonder what other features can be controlled via voice. I have no experience with Siri but does BB10 voice function better?
    01-18-13 02:33 PM
    Wow, that voice control is awesome! But I do notice that once he entered the music app after voice control, he had to go in there and physically choose the song and play. It would have been better if he was able to use voice commands for all that as well. I wonder what other features can be controlled via voice. I have no experience with Siri but does BB10 voice function better?
    The phone is not out yet, so hard to say which is better. I do know from experience that Google Now is better than Siri (my opinion), so that is the current standard. I think you could probably throw a coat over Siri and BB voice control and I doubt you would tell much difference.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-18-13 03:27 PM
    I've been using Vlingo on my current BB for quite a while now, this new voice app seems to be very similar. The only thing I really hope, is that you have the option to have it listen for a key word, like the Android version of Vlingo. On it, you just say "hey vlingo" instead of having to activate it by pushing a button. Of course, that mode can also be disabled to save battery life.
    01-18-13 05:01 PM
    SEE this is what I like! You don't have to hold down with your finger to record something. I wish Say IT was like this for current OS devices, and BB10, but I think I might go with just the built in Voice for BB10. Not sure how Say IT will compete with the Baked In Voice Recognition.
    01-18-13 05:22 PM
    I thought this one was pretty underwhelming to be honest. It seems functional but I think I'd be left wanting switching from Android or iOS. Though this is the first version of the OS so I'm sure it'll improve in time.
    01-18-13 06:05 PM
    Underwhelmed? What were you expecting? This is what voice control is...
    01-18-13 06:10 PM
    new leak everyday!! for once I think these leaks are benefiting RIM all day everyday. Reception of BB10 is positive all around, every newspaper, blog, website is talking about the leaks. If we were still in the dark about the device the stock would still be down at 8$ and nobody would know whats going on.

Turns out leaks are great when the content kicks ***!!
    01-18-13 06:33 PM
    Underwhelmed? What were you expecting? This is what voice control is...
    Yes, it appears to serve the basic purposes of voice control, but there's no sign of going above and beyond like the Google app and Siri. That and I think the UI and sounds to be kind of unpleasant. Though I guess I can't be too sure until the 30th.

Edit: and it looks a tad slow in this build
    01-18-13 06:42 PM
    Can we assume the person that he is calling is actually himself? Lol.. Gotcha....
    And I can see in the near future videos on youtube how BB10 is asking the hands of the voice control for marriage or some stupid questions and conversate with it like siri's videos.... Lol...

Big hand to ahnold....
    I'll be baack..
    01-18-13 08:22 PM
    Yes, it appears to serve the basic purposes of voice control, but there's no sign of going above and beyond like the Google app and Siri. That and I think the UI and sounds to be kind of unpleasant. Though I guess I can't be too sure until the 30th.

Edit: and it looks a tad slow in this build
    I think you should reserve judgement until it is shown in a couple weeks. How do we know this guy has used it to the fullest? And that this is the final build?
    01-18-13 08:38 PM
    I think you should reserve judgement until it is shown in a couple weeks. How do we know this guy has used it to the fullest? And that this is the final build?
    I've made no such assumption. I've just decided that what I've seen of this build is a little underwhelming. And even if it turns out that there are enough features that it can go toe to toe with Google and Siri, it's still in need of a UI overhaul and there's little time for that, now.
    01-18-13 09:27 PM
32 12