Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a solution to a download error that one of my clients is having. She is trying to download some eBooks onto her new playbook, from this library website:
    Nova Scotia Public Libraries

She has both OverDrive and Adobe Reader installed on her device. The website allows her to follow all the steps through the download process, but once the device says the eBook is downloaded, she receives an error message. She closed the error message before I was able to copy it down, and when we tried to download another to see if we could get the message to appear again, the link to download the book wouldn't open anything up.

I have zero experience with the PlayBook, aside from trying to help this lady today lol any suggestions are welcomed!
    Thanks
    01-17-13 06:10 PM
    Did you try downloading another book to try restarting the process fresh?

She needs an account and password for the Public Library. I don't recall if you can download a book on the computer and move it to the pb. I had not used Overdrive since I had to clean my playbook. So I just went through the process.

I needed to give my library number and pin and I also had to add my adobe ID (an email address) and password into Overdrive's settings. The books then downloaded and are in my bookshelf.

One thing I just tried was using the pb version on my computer with Adobe digital editions - it needed me to download the ascm (whatever file - which is not the actual epub book but a ticket/file to get the book into the Reader). With that small file I was able to download the real file to my computer. So, basically, I had the book on my pb but to use it on my computer I went to the Library again, went to my account and re-downloaded the book to my computer.

Basically, how did you try borrowing initially?
    Last edited by F2; 01-17-13 at 07:46 PM.
    01-17-13 07:12 PM
    What format are the books in?
    01-17-13 07:14 PM
    She must have a library account, and I use the overdrive but had to physically go to the library to show i.d. before it was activated. One hint, make sure the loan duration is large enough my default was initially 7 days.
    01-17-13 09:20 PM
    With the Calgary PL, went on to their site, went to their ebook area loaded Overdrive softw', . . . anyways no problems loading adobe ebook file and viewing. no extra translation files neither.

I do have issue with overdrive though as it seems when loading they offer ya chance to decline them accessing personal info... weeell you turn them off and no loading then even though it offers it later but where is it hidden .. two faced !?

nite
    btw cpl loans their ebooks for same length of time as hard'uns, 21days.
    01-17-13 10:35 PM
    With the Calgary PL, went on to their site, went to their ebook area loaded Overdrive softw', . . . anyways no problems loading adobe ebook file and viewing. no extra translation files neither.

I do have issue with overdrive though as it seems when loading they offer ya chance to decline them accessing personal info... weeell you turn them off and no loading then even though it offers it later but where is it hidden .. two faced !?

nite
    btw cpl loans their ebooks for same length of time as hard'uns, 21days.
    That seems like a problem with Android apps whether loaded from appworld or sideloaded.

Also I had that problem with Kalemsoft and the trial version of Pacemaker. i declined to allow 'person info' and could never fix it since neither app appeared in the security-permission list after that choice.
    01-18-13 12:50 AM