I am having a problem with the front facing camera. When start the camera app, the rear facing camera works fine but when I select to the front facing camera all that appears is a black screen. When I try to take a picture I get an error "4003.error picture". Also, when I load up the video chat or any other front camera using app app either I get the error "Another application is using the camera. Please close the application and try again", or there's just a black screen.

I've tried multiple hard resets and I still have the same problem. I am running OS 2.1.0.1314. The problem just popped up without any reason some weeks ago after an update. Please help!
    Here's a screenshot :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49692786/screenshot.jpg
    Thank You!
    01-15-13 11:39 PM
    Try to reinstall the OS 2.1.0.1314 using the Device Software Manager... if it is not really a hardware problem, most likely, it will be solved by reinstalling the OS using the DSM...
    jennylulu likes this.
    01-16-13 12:41 AM
    So I have to wipe all my PlayBook again? I hope the camera will work after updating from the desktop software. By the way, should I wipe my data first and then connect my pb to my computer or is there an option in the software? Please help me with the steps!
    01-16-13 01:16 AM
    In most cases, the camera is a problem that needs an rma from rim. In a number of cases, rim will fix it beyond the warranty period (see below) but you can try Debrick

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It ALSO HAS () FREE Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry & Tablette Tactile - Mod�les de BlackBerry FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    01-16-13 09:04 AM
    Its still not working! i think i should go to the BlackBerry Store now!
    02-08-13 04:46 AM
    Sadly this happened to me today, tried everything, no luck, any advice? My playbook is almost 2 years old.
    04-20-14 05:43 PM