THIS IS A RUMOR!!!!! DON'T TAKE THIS AS FACT. THE PERSON WHO SAID IT COULD BE MISTAKEN.

Anyways, enjoy.

EDIT: Did i mention that it's a rumor? haha
    Attached Thumbnails [RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR!!!!] "We are hoping for a Jan 30 launch" - Futureshop-future.jpg  
    01-14-13 06:51 PM
    Person tweeting prob got confused with the RIM launch event. I find I'm getting way to excited about BB10 -- I need to curb it a little so I'm not disappointed!
    Stewartj1, robkd, EsJayDee and 1 others like this.
    01-14-13 06:58 PM
    The problem here is RIM's wording of the January 30th event. It's not an unveiling or a reveal, but a launch event, meaning it can swing both ways. As a result, it makes it very easy for vendors to cite January 30th when asked for a date of sale. And purely in theory we could see BB10 go on sale January 30th, but I'm doubtful. At the very least, I think it'll be about a week before sales begin. I'm hoping RIM will prove me wrong, but don't hold your breath.
    01-14-13 07:01 PM
    I agree that it is probably in reference to the official launch event by RIM. Honestly there are sooo many rumours floating around that I am going insane. I want the new phones very VERY soon after the launch and I think that would send a very strong and positive message to consumers about the new RIM. On the other hand, the cynic in me looks at past product launches from RIM and fears end March (yes, technically within the Q1 target).
    01-14-13 07:06 PM
    You said Rumour Rumour Rumour, I have only seen one Rumour, come on buddy, cough up the other two.
    01-14-13 07:15 PM
    You said Rumour Rumour Rumour, I have only seen one Rumour, come on buddy, cough up the other two.
    lol
    TomJasper, nquyen and jakie55 like this.
    01-14-13 07:26 PM
    No, you misunderstand, there is a rumour, that the rumour is a rumour.
    00stryder, FSeverino and TomJasper like this.
    01-14-13 07:31 PM
    but if you can pre-order now, wouldn't that mean BB10 is on sale right now?
    just delivered with a little delay..........
    01-14-13 07:36 PM
    but if you can pre-order now, wouldn't that mean BB10 is on sale right now?
    just delivered with a little delay..........
    no...many "preorders" have consisted of putting something like $50 down. No other details about full pricing or actual in hand dates are known
    01-14-13 07:39 PM
    That's the exact same response I got from a BestBuy employee when I tried to pre-order it the other day. "We're hoping for January 30th" is what she said. Key word.. "hoping"
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 07:55 PM
    it would be amazing for their marketing to be able to pull off a

"Here is the BlackBerry 10 Z10 and X10. The best part is they are both available NOW!"

The best thing they can do is launch a few days after. Worst is a few weeks...
    nquyen and robkd like this.
    01-14-13 08:00 PM
    I've said this many times, but it's not up to RIM when to release. They will have devices ready for carriers, it's up to carriers to test them and release to the masses.
    01-14-13 08:11 PM
    That's the exact same response I got from a BestBuy employee when I tried to pre-order it the other day. "We're hoping for January 30th" is what she said. Key word.. "hoping"
    Exactly! Just like you, they are also "hoping." But in reality no secret can be kept that well, which means Jan 30 is not the launch date. Probably a couple or a few weeks after Jan 30.
    01-14-13 08:25 PM
    No, you misunderstand, there is a rumour, that the rumour is a rumour.
    So the Rumour of the Rumour is the Rumour. So confused.
    01-14-13 08:33 PM
    if its available january 30th, I will walk into the store and buy it outright. and hope no one wonders where an 18yo got that much pocket money
    01-14-13 09:40 PM
    if its available january 30th, I will walk into the store and buy it outright. and hope no one wonders where an 18yo got that much pocket money
    Just tell them you bought $1000 worth of RIMM stocks in August.
    robkd and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-14-13 09:43 PM
    Just tell them you bought $1000 worth of RIMM stocks in August.
    hah! if only it were that easy.
    01-14-13 09:49 PM
    Exactly! Just like you, they are also "hoping." But in reality no secret can be kept that well, which means Jan 30 is not the launch date. Probably a couple or a few weeks after Jan 30.
    I would beg to differ. Imagine Thor saying 'IN STORES NOW! and the reason we were able to keep it a secret was because we planned all the details using BBM and our secure phones'

With a 'shipment' mid afternoon anything is possible. Thor himself said they would do anything to get it front page and trending, this could be what they had in mind. Obviously im not saying this is going to happen... it is probably like a 1% chance.... but not impossible.
    01-14-13 10:12 PM
    RIM knows how crucial it is to have devices in customers' hands very shortly after launch (or at launch itself). If they anticipated that carriers wouldn't be ready to actually sell devices until late February or early March, they would have pushed the launch date back to something closer to the anticipated "in-hand" date (as they would have still been within the Q1 2013 window they gave themselves). I really doubt that there won't be at least one carrier in every market having devices within a week or two of 30 January.

From what I'm seeing, most Canadian carriers are simply waiting for the green light from RIM, and in the U.S. I'm sure that at least Verizon and AT&T will have the devices soon after launch also.

Like others have said, after 30 January, the blame cannot be laid on RIM for a delay in device availability. As long as one carrier releases devices close to launch day, the public will see this as well and customers will become agitated with the carriers instead. It's a factor that will force carriers to launch as early as possible.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 01-14-13 at 11:41 PM.
    jakie55 and jagrlover like this.
    01-14-13 11:27 PM
    1. RIM has screwed up their product "launches" in the past.
    2. We now have new management, and SO FAR, they have done a credible job.
    3. Thorsten and upper management seem to be quite analytical engineering types who understand what went wrong, and how to fix it.
    4. I Therefore think that we will see an approach that is closer to an apple-ish launch rather than an old RIM launch.

I HOPE
    01-15-13 08:59 AM
    Is that a rumor ?
    01-15-13 10:17 AM
    Personally I would love to see it released on the 30th although it would make it hard for me to be waiting at the door when the at&T store opened. Either way I will get it so whether it's released that day or shortly after I'm just looking forward to getting my BB10.
    01-15-13 11:12 AM
    Well they did delay the launch till January because the carriers suggested it would work better, the phones have been in carrier testing for a while. Also with some reports that phones are already being shipped to stores. It is very possible that they are avaiable on the 30th. It would definitely be a huge attention grabber with the tech sites.
    01-15-13 12:10 PM
    So the Rumour of the Rumour is the Rumour. So confused.
    I think that's called Rimception
    southlander and Aut-Lin37 like this.
    01-15-13 12:36 PM
    Think operational : 30th Jan launch teasing won't be enough for a successful launch.
    Advertising won't start until then.
    Minimum (global launch) delay = around 2 weeks IMHO. Say at very best 11th Feb ? [<= THAT'S A RUMOR]
    The Furbz likes this.
    01-15-13 12:38 PM
27 12