Hello all, my question is what is the best computer to use for BB users? I currently use my MacBook Pro and have a Gmail account that I sync my Torch with. I find that some of my calendar entries fail to show up if I put it on my phone and sometimes when I put it on my computer...

I'm looking to see if a PC based computer is easier to sync with i.e. Outlook? My family is beyond busy and my wife and I share calendars. I just wish I could somehow sync my bbm calendar to my computer.

Any advice will be welcomed.
    01-13-13 08:01 PM
    I think just about any PC should be good as long as it is made with quality parts (like from a shop that custom builds), or if mainstream make sure has good support/warranty.

Laptops are a different story, but the quality ranges and even the best company has "duds" so you can never tell.

Fortunately, the PC market is usually cheaper than equivalent Mac hardware so at least you will save yourself some money or perhaps buy something of higher-end quality and performance if you spend the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    01-13-13 08:18 PM
    The newer the computer the better it is I guess...
    01-13-13 08:20 PM
    The best computer is the one that fits your needs, be it mac or PC. I also use Google and i have noticed events take some time (5 to 10 min sometimes) to show up on the other device.
    01-13-13 08:53 PM
    BB10 should be better at syncing with gmail than current blackberries. Also, what do you use on your computer for calendars? Do you use apple calendar program or go to gmail.com? Also, when syncing with gmail with blackberry, it isn't instantaneous, there is a delay, that's why all those blogger that use gmail always complain about blackberries.
    01-13-13 09:09 PM
    If your primary objective is to share calendars with your wife you could look into the convenience of a hosted Microsoft Exchange and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express service provider which would give you a domain name, secure email, secure BBM, automatic backup of PIM content (contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, passwords, etc.), Outlook Web Access and/or Microsoft Outlook client, plus you could by-pass the desktop computer if you wanted. There is Microsoft Outlook Mail Service (outlook.com) that probably provides the ability to share calendars though you'd have to confirm this feature's availability. Of course there is BlackBerry Business Cloud Service which is part of certain Microsoft Office 365 Cloud subscription plans at no additional cost for the BlackBerry services. In my opinion, the sooner BlackBerry Desktop Software vanishes and moves to a full-featured cloud service such as an enhanced BlackBerry Protect the better off most non-BES users will find the BlackBerry experience.
    01-13-13 09:56 PM
    custom build from Tiger direct,,, i yr warranty & tech support...
    01-13-13 10:20 PM
    my first question is, Does your wife use a blackberry as well? if so the simplest solution for calenders I have found is form a BBM group with your wife and then when you add a event to your calender it will ask you if you want to share it with that group, then it is automatically added to your wife's calender.
    01-13-13 10:27 PM
    Windows 8 is deeply integrated with Outlook and it's seamless, as for BBM calendars i'm not sure. Wouldn't it be neat to use PlayBooks and ditch PCs altogether? Bet you'd have no problems keeping you and your wife's data synced then

At any rate, BlackBerry has always had the most support on PCs, it'd certainly be the safer choice says I.
    Best of luck mate.
    01-14-13 06:29 PM
    I do this but where can I view this calendar by week, month etc?
    01-16-13 10:00 PM
    I do use BBM but where can I view this calendar by week, month etc?
    01-16-13 10:02 PM
    Simple answer, a PlayBook. And it's the best cheapest "computer" around.
    01-16-13 10:23 PM