I think there are hints to the release date in the Blackberry Experience forums. The Canadian forums start Feb. 4 and state that attendees will have hands on experience with the latest BB10 devices. I don't think RIM would have forums after the launch date and not have the new devices released (at least in Canada). I expect the phones to be available within days of the launch. What do you think?
    jimpilot likes this.
    01-12-13 07:51 PM
    I've seen that date tossed around few times in several places, entirely possible. But to be sure, I guess I'll have to wait till Jan 30th.

I think there are hints to the release date in the Blackberry Experience forums. The Canadian forums start Feb. 4 and state that attendees will have hands on experience with the latest BB10 devices. I don't think RIM would have forums after the launch date and not have the new devices released (at least in Canada). I expect the phones to be available within days of the launch. What do you think?
    01-12-13 08:51 PM
    i would think that the release of the phone would be directly after the unveil. what i have been reading is something different. i wish some one would give a "estimated" release date that had some actual fact behind it. if its march in the US i'll have a new phone tomorrow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 09:03 PM
    RIM has to capitalize on the hype during the Jan 30th unveiling, if they wait too long then people's interest will shift. It is highly unlikely they will wait too long to put them up on sale.
    01-12-13 09:12 PM
    RIM has to capitalize on the hype during the Jan 30th unveiling, if they wait too long then people's interest will shift. It is highly unlikely they will wait too long to put them up on sale.
    agreed,,, in order to slap around the competition they need to go w/ an instantaneous release & they know it,,, if they blow this, the release of CO2 from the collective sighs & awws around the globe will bring on a nuclear winter & kill off the very population they expect to sell to...
    01-12-13 09:25 PM
    My 9930 is acting up and I need a phone soon. I sure hope it is going to be like Feb 4. 2013.
    01-12-13 09:43 PM
    Yea, but capitalizing by only having Canadians receive the phone immediately is shooting themselves in the foot because of the power of the US Stock Exchange. It's going to hurt if the TMobile rumors are true. It'll be worse for me because I'm impatient and will upgrade AT&T and keep it instead of going with the cheaper T-Mobile. I'm getting T-Mobile despite it having less coverage than AT&T, but the price is better.
    01-12-13 09:46 PM
    My 9930 is acting up and I need a phone soon. I sure hope it is going to be like Feb 4. 2013.
    My 4s is boring...I need a new one too :0
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-12-13 10:00 PM
    Again, we're not talking about rumors. Just what logically should happen. All I'm saying is that they KNOW that they can not afford to wait post announcement to sell. They're not idiots, Thorsten and Boulben know this very well.

Yea, but capitalizing by only having Canadians receive the phone immediately is shooting themselves in the foot because of the power of the US Stock Exchange. It's going to hurt if the TMobile rumors are true. It'll be worse for me because I'm impatient and will upgrade AT&T and keep it instead of going with the cheaper T-Mobile. I'm getting T-Mobile despite it having less coverage than AT&T, but the price is better.
    01-12-13 10:06 PM
    I want it now
    G-bone, EsJayDee, jimpilot and 2 others like this.
    01-12-13 10:10 PM
    RIM has had plenty of other "hands on experience" and demo opportunities for selected individuals and companies in the past few weeks. So that is not really concrete implication of a release date.
    01-12-13 10:26 PM
    For people from Mexico, just today i confirm BB10 in Mexico will arrive March 30th, with Telcel. No info about prices, but in early March will be pre orders.

Regards
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-12-13 10:31 PM
    Again, we're not talking about rumors. Just what logically should happen. All I'm saying is that they KNOW that they can not afford to wait post announcement to sell. They're not idiots, Thorsten and Boulben know this very well.
    In agreement. Is it really up to them though? I'm getting anxious, but hey, I'll be kept busy for two months on my thesis. Should be an easy wait.
    01-12-13 10:34 PM
    For people from Mexico, just today i confirm BB10 in Mexico will arrive March 30th, with Telcel. No info about prices, but in early March will be pre orders.

Regards
    Two months is too long.
    01-12-13 11:04 PM
    People that are expecting to buy and use a BB10 device in the first week of February are going to be disappointed. Unless of course RIM is not going to let reviewers review the device before it goes on sale. Which would be a really crazy thing for them to do.
    01-12-13 11:28 PM
    Originaly the Canadian carriers were the first to offer BB, very often they have been the early providers of the new models. Willing to get the new tech on their networks. This is not a favoritism thing, this is not the fault of RIM or the American customers. This sits squarely in the laps of the carriers. I'm with Verizon, I'll tell you, when/if I hear I have some stupid wait. I will let my voice be heard!!! No it won't help but the carriers are the ones to blame!!! RIM couldn't wait around for them to make up their minds so RIM decided that a Jan 30th launch is the way to go. RIM and the Z10 are ready come Jan 30th! Blame those at fault!!
    anon(1152406) and G-bone like this.
    01-13-13 12:42 AM
    I think the cEO at Sprint said "one device later in the year". I'd hate to be a Sprint customer after hearing that.
    01-13-13 01:26 AM
    I'm thinkin' Monday after Superbowl...
    #BB10Believe
    01-13-13 02:27 AM
    is it me or is everyone's phone starting to get old / slow and needs the new phone NOW???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-13-13 03:20 AM
    It seems like a standard date being given to several carriers for the sake of having a release date. I believe it will be sooner after launch than the end of March date. Remember the fail launched last year? When a bunch of the posters having a major melt down over it? They are back and ready to have another one over the launch date.
    01-13-13 07:16 AM
    Mine too...keyboard is acting all kinds of crazy
    01-13-13 07:27 AM
    People that are expecting to buy and use a BB10 device in the first week of February are going to be disappointed. Unless of course RIM is not going to let reviewers review the device before it goes on sale. Which would be a really crazy thing for them to do.
    They could let them review the device beforehand under a media embargo, provided that they feel the product is ready for it. Heck, I think it would only make things better if they could have positive reviews out shortly after the actual product launch. I'm certain RIM wants to see BB10 out there as soon as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they do to accomplish it.
    01-13-13 08:11 AM
    They could let them review the device beforehand under a media embargo, provided that they feel the product is ready for it. Heck, I think it would only make things better if they could have positive reviews out shortly after the actual product launch. I'm certain RIM wants to see BB10 out there as soon as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they do to accomplish it.
    We won't have demo units until "sometime after the January 30th" according to my PR contact. How can reviewers review a device in a couple of days? With os7 and the PlayBook, we had demo units 2-3 weeks prior to commercial availability. Things can always change, but at this point it seems like a in hand date of the first week of February is unlikely.
    01-13-13 08:30 AM
    The usual thing for reviews of any kind is that you get the item in advance and are then embargoed from posting your review until a particular date, stuff like videogames for example would be far too late after release if you could only start to review a 100+ hour game at launch.
    01-13-13 08:34 AM
    The carriers won't approve the final software instantly anyway so the odds are that review devices will go out at a similar time to when Rim submits or has submitted the final software.
    01-13-13 08:36 AM
38 12