Hey all

I just spoke t a friend of mine who owns an AT&T store. I was asking him about the Bold and he told me that it will coming out by the week of Sept. 29.
    He is going away this weekend on a BB training seminar to learn more on them. He told me AT&T want to train and tell their employees about before they released them. So by the end of next week we should see them at AT&T.
    09-26-08 11:24 AM
    Hey all

I just spoke t a friend of mine who owns an AT&T store. I was asking him about the Bold and he told me that it will coming out by the week of Sept. 29.
    He is going away this weekend on a BB training seminar to learn more on them. He told me AT&T want to train and tell their employees about before they released them. So by the end of next week we should see them at AT&T.

Thanks for the update.
    09-26-08 11:34 AM
    as much as i want to believe this, i can't...indirect dealers dont have information..the training seminars are for them and they are going on until october 16th..ill report back when i hear anything
    09-26-08 11:40 AM
    I have lost all faith in leaked info, i will believe it when i walk into an at&t store and see a bold for sale
    09-26-08 12:13 PM
    and hopefully that will be early october..preferably october 2nd, but we'll have to see
    09-26-08 12:14 PM
    At this rate I will be happy with a solid release date and AT&T announcement.
    09-26-08 01:04 PM
    At this rate I will be happy with a solid release date and AT&T announcement.
    But isn't speculation and mass confusion better than details? Sheesh?
    09-26-08 01:49 PM
    Hey all

how reliable is your source?
    09-26-08 01:58 PM
    Hey all

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I highly doubt that since At&t has not approved a final OS just yet and obviously the OS is not loaded onto the devices.
    09-26-08 02:04 PM
    AT&T's current 3G infrastructure is not expected to consistently support the projected Bold users as well as the current IPhone 3G users. The main problem is the IPhone 3G and how it uses the network. BB units utilize a compressed data format but AT&T is not prepared to support both units as Apple pushed the rollout of the IPhone 3G way ahead of schedule.

One quick fix BB & AT&T is trying is to modify the communications protocol of the Bold so it will default to a Wi-fi network first and then revert to a 3G or Edge signal. BB current OS does not do this and it requires some more testing before release.

Its funny because the original IPhone was designed this way anyway. It searches for a wi-fi signal first before looking for an Edge signal.

Just in case anybody is wondering, AT&T knew about this potential problem months ago but decided to favor the IPhone 3G early rollout due to the potential sales vs. the Blackberry line.

I can not confirm any of the information listed above but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    09-26-08 02:22 PM
    AT&T's current 3G infrastructure is not expected to consistently support the projected Bold users as well as the current IPhone 3G users. The main problem is the IPhone 3G and how it uses the network. BB units utilize a compressed data format but AT&T is not prepared to support both units as Apple pushed the rollout of the IPhone 3G way ahead of schedule.

One quick fix BB & AT&T is trying is to modify the communications protocol of the Bold so it will default to a Wi-fi network first and then revert to a 3G or Edge signal. BB current OS does not do this and it requires some more testing before release.

Its funny because the original IPhone was designed this way anyway. It searches for a wi-fi signal first before looking for an Edge signal.

Just in case anybody is wondering, AT&T knew about this potential problem months ago but decided to favor the IPhone 3G early rollout due to the potential sales vs. the Blackberry line.

I can not confirm any of the information listed above but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    As stated to the Op, thanks for the update.
    09-26-08 03:09 PM

Sorry if I'm slow, but what does this have to do with anything? *over my head* Does this mean you were at an out of town Bold training seminar?
    09-26-08 05:59 PM
    Sorry if I'm slow, but what does this have to do with anything? *over my head* Does this mean you were at an out of town Bold training seminar?
    Holiday Inn Express commercials. I.E.: "Trust me - I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."
    09-26-08 06:21 PM
    Sorry, but the release date for the bold is November 3rd.
    09-26-08 06:33 PM

Sorry, but the release date for the bold is November 3rd.
    I don't know what's more annoying. The delay of the Bold, or people stating release dates as though they are some prophet seeing into the future.
    09-26-08 06:52 PM
    Take it for what it is. That's what the stores are saying. I don't care either way I already got mine!!!!
    09-26-08 07:45 PM
    I'm not prophet. I'm just saying what stores around here are saying. It does not matter to me either way. I already got mine!
    09-26-08 07:48 PM
    I'm not prophet. I'm just saying what stores around here are saying. It does not matter to me either way. I already got mine!

Their is an edit function if you wished to add to your previous post
    Also, considering the stores arent even positive when they are getting it, your guess is just as worthless as any of the others that have posted.. I will wait for at&t to officially announce it.. YOu have a bold, congrats
    09-26-08 08:00 PM
    LOL! I don't post as much on here anymore since I no longer have a Blackberry, but I see nothing as change, lol. People are still guessing the Bold release date, dang.! lol.
    09-26-08 09:51 PM
    I was in San Francisco this week at Oracle's Open World conference, and Rim was one of the exhibitors. They had the Bold and new flip Pearl on display and I played with both of them. Although I have the Pearl 8120 (ATT - wifi) I didn't like the flip Pearl. I spent 1/2 hour with the Bold, and don't know why everyone is drooling over it. The screen was "nice" but I didn't see a big difference from the Curve screen. I think it had OS 4.6, which also looked okay, but not a big change from 4.2, 4.3 or even 4.5. I did notice that the response time was much snappier, with very little hourglassing. (Of course, it didn't have many apps loaded on it.)

For those of you who think the Bold will open up a new world for smartphones, I think you'll be sadly disappointed. It's an evolutionary upgrade at best - not revolutionary.

And I did ask when ATT would be releasing it. The Rim guys didn't know for sure, but they said they'd be hearing mid-Oct. They probably got that from Crackberry, just like the rest of us!
    09-26-08 10:17 PM
    I have to say, as much as I've been anticipating the Bold. Why is everyone drooling over it? Do you really use the internet on your curve now? Well it's not going to look much different on the bold, just a little quicker, but still really small. So the picture will be better, and a little snappier. The curve's processor is pretty quick now anyways. I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering:

Why is everyone panicking over the release date, and how is going to be THAT much better than the curve?

That being said I will be there on opening day I just think people may be over reacting

I was in San Francisco this week at Oracle's Open World conference, and Rim was one of the exhibitors. They had the Bold and new flip Pearl on display and I played with both of them. Although I have the Pearl 8120 (ATT - wifi) I didn't like the flip Pearl. I spent 1/2 hour with the Bold, and don't know why everyone is drooling over it. The screen was "nice" but I didn't see a big difference from the Curve screen. I think it had OS 4.6, which also looked okay, but not a big change from 4.2, 4.3 or even 4.5. I did notice that the response time was much snappier, with very little hourglassing. (Of course, it didn't have many apps loaded on it.)

For those of you who think the Bold will open up a new world for smartphones, I think you'll be sadly disappointed. It's an evolutionary upgrade at best - not revolutionary.

And I did ask when ATT would be releasing it. The Rim guys didn't know for sure, but they said they'd be hearing mid-Oct. They probably got that from Crackberry, just like the rest of us!
    Last edited by lespaul; 09-26-08 at 10:23 PM.
    09-26-08 10:21 PM
    it better come out the 2nd ... thats all i have to say im waiting no more than a week.
    09-26-08 11:10 PM
    Reading all this speculation I think father Christmas will arrive before AT&T gets the BB Bold in stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 11:28 PM
    I have never had a Blackberry and have been checking them out for awhile now. I have a 1st gen iPhone and REALLY want to get rid of it as a phone. Any call drops I have with it are from hitting the buttons on the touchscreen. I want to get the Bold but I am really tired of the wait. I know AT&T has not come out with a launch date yet but if they would just do that I would feel a lot better. Even if it were November or even December at least that would be easier than all of the speculation. Then I (and maybe others) could make a decision if I was going to wait or just get another phone. At this rate I may just give up and go to something else.
    09-27-08 12:56 PM
    I'm getting really frustrated.
    It's been released in the UK, Canada, France and just 7 hours ago, going to be released oct 2 in the arab emrates!

WTF is wrong with releasing it in the US?!

(Please excuse my rant. This is 6 months of frustration that built up.)

If this stays up until the end of Oct, I'm getting the latest curve.
    09-27-08 01:03 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD