Can someone tell me how to install Ice Cream and will the current update 2.1.0.1314 for PlayBook work with Ice Cream, if not where or how can I install 2.0. Update for PlayBook. Thanks.
    01-06-13 07:19 PM
    you cannot install ICS to the playbook. As for installing OS 2.0 you will have to search the threads in this section to see if you can
    01-06-13 07:34 PM
    Can someone tell me how to install Ice Cream and will the current update 2.1.0.1314 for PlayBook work with Ice Cream, if not where or how can I install 2.0. Update for PlayBook. Thanks.
    Not sure shy you would want but here you go.
    Disclaimer: I have no way to validate the video and take no responsibility if you mess up your Playbook!

tinchoavalos and Petey Drumev like this.
    01-06-13 07:47 PM
    I'm curious if you ever able to get in touch with Thorsten to fix your damaged PlayBook?
    01-06-13 08:06 PM
    you cannot replace the os on the playbook. case closed. it is protected and has not been broken. as for 2.0 that requires a new playbook with a previous os version that has not been updated
    01-06-13 08:07 PM
    installing an android os will void the warranty right?
    01-07-13 01:43 AM
    you CANNOT install android OS on the playbook
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-07-13 01:50 AM
    You can however install an ICS launcher, though that is basically just an app that runs in Android Player. Might give you the warm and fuzzies you are looking for.
    01-07-13 09:26 AM
    It will likely destroy the PB. The boot process is firmly locked to loading a RIM OS, at the current state of hacking it can never be modified to load anything else.
    01-07-13 09:39 AM
    Surely, with the brainiacs around on XDA, if they could have ported an android rom, they would have, given the great hardware to work with.
    01-07-13 09:41 AM
    Surely, with the brainiacs around on XDA, if they could have ported an android rom, they would have, given the great hardware to work with.
    they have to get past the boot sequence, which is sorry to say, much more difficult than just porting a ROM
    01-07-13 12:08 PM
    learn to love the playbook for what it is, a great device out of the box! if you want something different, your favorite retail store is waiting for your business. I will glady give you $50 for your fully working playbook to get you a down payment on that android tablet you love
    AshDeezy likes this.
    01-07-13 10:17 PM
    It is possible to replace the PBOS with an android one, HOWEVER, it required custom programing the kernal, something which very few people can do. the idea is to modify the Android... kinda like how you'd root and android phone. however, unless you a magical russian hacker, you'll have to download one, and the only ones ive found for download are riddles with viruses. not only would such an attempt void you warenty, it would screw over all your personal data. if you really want android, and love the BP design, then buy a Nexus 7.

Oh, and btw, blackbery really needs to work on its linux suport. its a gawddamn pain in the *** to conect my PB to Ubuntu.
    04-27-13 05:41 PM
    learn to love the playbook for what it is, a great device out of the box! if you want something different, your favorite retail store is waiting for your business. I will glady give you $50 for your fully working playbook to get you a down payment on that android tablet you love
    i'll give you 75, if your heart is set on leaving...
    04-30-13 01:06 PM
    It is possible to replace the PBOS with an android one, HOWEVER, it required custom programing the kernal, something which very few people can do. the idea is to modify the Android... kinda like how you'd root and android phone. however, unless you a magical russian hacker, you'll have to download one, and the only ones ive found for download are riddles with viruses. not only would such an attempt void you warenty, it would screw over all your personal data. if you really want android, and love the BP design, then buy a Nexus 7.

Oh, and btw, blackbery really needs to work on its linux suport. its a gawddamn pain in the *** to conect my PB to Ubuntu.
    Don't think BB is working on anything for the PlayBook anymore...
    05-01-13 11:55 AM
    >Don't think BB is working on anything for the PlayBook anymore...

Yeah, tend to agree.... it's a superb tablet and does email/browsing/vid better than any other tablet but I do feel like I'm going to remain static with no What's App or Skype (natively)...
    05-01-13 02:22 PM
    Thanks for the post now i can do skype and use whatsapp in my Playbook, wasnt easy but after a lot of help i got it... damm it! before that my playbook was seating in my desk for two years so far, now is mean to be used again.....
    ]
    05-01-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the post now i can do skype and use whatsapp in my Playbook, wasnt easy but after a lot of help i got it... damm it! before that my playbook was seating in my desk for two years so far, now is mean to be used again.....
    ]
    Hi, would you be able to tell me how you got Skype to work on your Playbook?

Thanks
    05-09-13 09:37 AM

Really, I've never had any issues connecting to Ubuntu. In fact I've found it to be way easier than any version of windows, and much faster. How exactly are you going about it?
    05-19-13 04:16 PM
    Is there any way to erase the blackberry os and install an android os?
    07-29-13 01:43 PM
    Is there any way to erase the blackberry os and install an android os?
    Nope. Not at this time. But someone might hack it down the road since pretty much all BBRY support has been dropped for the PlayBook, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-29-13 at 02:13 PM.
    07-29-13 01:56 PM
    Not sure shy you would want but here you go.
    Disclaimer: I have no way to validate the video and take no responsibility if you mess up your Playbook!

That's nothing but a launcher that will give you the chosen UI on top of the DalviK VM...
    08-03-13 08:47 AM
    I want Skype on Blackberry playbook, but how??...
    10-31-13 02:25 PM
    I want Skype on Blackberry playbook, but how??...
    Wow,
    Dude here walked into a ghost-town - and on Halloween to boot.
    Whoooooooooo.....
    phylez and Remian8985 like this.
    10-31-13 03:19 PM
    Hi, so how to install android os on playbook tablet. Did anyone succeed doing that?
    02-26-16 09:49 AM
28 12