The press and bloggers in Dubai have started receiving invitations for the Blackerry 10 launch that will take place on Jan 30th. The article says that Dubai will probably be the first city to start the series of events because of the time zone difference.

Check out the invitation below and the source.

BB10 Launch invitations are being sent today-imageuploadedbycb-forums1357500646.228615.jpg

http://techplugged.com/technology/al...rry-10-launch/
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-06-13 01:33 PM
    by the last city all the beans would have been spilled. they should do a simultaneous launch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Stewartj1 and annon91221 like this.
    01-06-13 02:09 PM
    by the last city all the beans would have been spilled. they should do a simultaneous launch

Agreed!

01-06-13 02:10 PM
    Just don't think it would happen. The people in New York and Toronto would either have to attend at a very unreasonable time or the rest of the 4 places would:/ so no chance on that, but I may be wrong and there's a sweet spot in the time zones that wouldn't be unreasonable for anybody to attend. Don't know, too lazy to work that out lol!
    01-06-13 02:14 PM

They might show something new at each event.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-06-13 02:15 PM
    Just don't think it would happen. The people in New York and Toronto would either have to attend at a very unreasonable time or the rest of the 4 places would:/ so no chance on that, but I may be wrong and there's a sweet spot in the time zones that wouldn't be unreasonable for anybody to attend. Don't know, too lazy to work that out lol!
    Actually, I think these are being scheduled as either simultaneous events or overlapping ones. It works out to evening events in EMEA and early morning ones in NA.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    01-06-13 02:20 PM

thats why there should have only been one launch event
    lewcat likes this.
    01-06-13 02:25 PM
    Does anyone know which one is the 'Main' one? As in the one Thorsten heins and Vivek will be at? I'm guessing NY?
    #BB10BELIEVE
    01-06-13 03:20 PM
    "The official press / bloggers invites were sent today titles the Blackberry experience with the tag-line*Re-designed. Re-engineered. Re-invented .The official hours mentioned is 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm which seems to be a in depth launch but there is no official word on it yet.I had a*sneak*peek of the Blackberry 10 alpha device and was fairly impressed with the new device the only question remains why has Blackberry taken so long to build a new smartphone . Some of the features included*BlackBerry line, *BlackBerry Hub, the new messaging and events center; BlackBerry Keyboard, a faster and more accurate typing delivery system; and BlackBerry Balance, the work/play separation organizer etc .No details were given regarding the technical specification of the phone . Lets wait till Jan 30th for more details .Dubai to be the first city to witness Blackberry 10 launch.,"

Some of the new features include BlackBerry Line

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, anyone any ideas?

Edit: started a separate thread for discussion of blackberry line.
    Last edited by djenkins6; 01-06-13 at 04:44 PM.
    01-06-13 03:20 PM
    Based on when they say Dubai starts, it's clear that the events are simultaneous.
    01-06-13 04:00 PM
    blah..nothing in california..booooo
    01-06-13 04:04 PM
    Actually, I think these are being scheduled as either simultaneous events or overlapping ones. It works out to evening events in EMEA and early morning ones in NA.
    this is the most likely scenario.................

Research in Motion (RIM) the parent company of Blackberry handsets will be launching the much awaited Blackberry 10 officially worldwide to the public on Jan 30th 2013. The world wide launch event will be covered by 6 cities which includes New York (GMT -5 hours) ,Toronto (GMT – 5:00 hours ),London (GMT + 0:00 hours),Paris (GMT + 1:00),Johannesburg (GMT + 2:00) and Dubai (GMT + 4:00) and Dubai being ahead with the time zone will be the first city to witness the Blackberry 10 device launch at BurjKhalifa one of the iconic place in this region.

The official press / bloggers invites were sent today titles the Blackberry experience with the tag-line Re-designed. Re-engineered. Re-invented .The official hours mentioned is 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm which seems to be a in depth launch but there is no official word on it yet.
    01-06-13 04:05 PM
    I think they are doing a global launch just so they can showcase local Apps. Toronto would showcase Canadian Apps, Dubai would showcase Asian Apps, Johannesburg would show African Apps, etc... I am hoping that means they have alot to show us in quality Apps...
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-06-13 04:13 PM
    thats why there should have only been one launch event
    As much as I can sometimes be critical over Rim, this time I believe that it was very thouroughly thought over. Everybody noticed that each time there is a piece of news on BB10, a glimpse of pre-launch presentation, there is not one, but a couple of personnalities carrying it...some sort of anti-Jobs (he was an excellent gourou ). I can only suppose that for the launch these key-persons will be dispatched into 4 corners of the world.

I've been thinking about this strategy and finally I find it very interesting. It makes some sort of Boysband actually and personalities are quite different, so that everybody can choose the one he likes the most. I find it quite innovative after the Jobs style.
    01-06-13 04:17 PM
    Does anyone know which one is the 'Main' one? As in the one Thorsten heins and Vivek will be at? I'm guessing NY?
    #BB10BELIEVE
    +1 for N.Y
    01-06-13 04:25 PM
    so is this going to be a private event (invitation only)?
    01-06-13 04:41 PM
    so is this going to be a private event (invitation only)?
    That what it says on the bottom of the invitation in the OP's post.
    01-06-13 04:48 PM
    As much as I can sometimes be critical over Rim, this time I believe that it was very thouroughly thought over. Everybody noticed that each time there is a piece of news on BB10, a glimpse of pre-launch presentation, there is not one, but a couple of personnalities carrying it...some sort of anti-Jobs (he was an excellent gourou ). I can only suppose that for the launch these key-persons will be dispatched into 4 corners of the world.

I've been thinking about this strategy and finally I find it very interesting. It makes some sort of Boysband actually and personalities are quite different, so that everybody can choose the one he likes the most. I find it quite innovative after the Jobs style.
    Interesting observation. Lets see how successful this strategy is.
    01-06-13 05:51 PM
    Maybe they will show different features at each launch so by the time the launch events finish, all secrets will be revealed!
    01-06-13 06:09 PM
    01-06-13 06:20 PM
    Opening Night in New York City I wouldn't miss it for the world. I mean who wouldn't want to be there. I will be sitting with my buddy Thor up front and I'm taking the Resident Evil Chick as my date. This is gonna be like waiting in line for a $800 iphone or ipad. This is gonna be a night to party like when RIM'S stock was still $45-$50 a share.
    01-06-13 06:25 PM
    So, how do I get in? I'll work as a stage hand, or as event staff, or even as security! I want to be at the Toronto launch event!!!!!!
    01-06-13 08:35 PM
    I think they have something up thier sleeve to make it huge and all coordinated in some way
    01-06-13 08:55 PM
    I haven't gotten my invite yet. As far as I know the main launch will happen in New York so I doubt any real info will be released until that one starts.
    01-06-13 09:09 PM
    I haven't gotten my invite yet. As far as I know the main launch will happen in New York so I doubt any real info will be released until that one starts.
    Maybe they will BBM Video each other...
    magutwit and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-06-13 09:14 PM
45 12