What does everyone think so far?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 11:19 AM
    Its not out yet. I don't know?.....
    anon(3896606) and bluetroll like this.
    01-06-13 11:25 AM
    we won't know until its out. but I have 2 probs with the ui that I think they need to look into.
    1- "peek & flow" for left handed use. it seems to be a neat idea but its goin to be less effective for leftys .
    2- the lock screen. they touting bb10 for one handed use. but unless u have gigantic hands there's no way your gonna be able to unlock the phone(swipe from bottom to top) with 1 hand easily. I've watched a few vidz where they say swipe from any bezel to the other which would mean it would work like on the playbook but I've not seem anyone unlock by sweiping horizontally.
    that's the only potetially -ve observations I have from watching the vidz.
    01-06-13 11:41 AM
    guess it depends on what you mean by flop??? Hard for anything to be a flop if it is not even on the market......
    01-06-13 11:49 AM
    Bad karma to even mention...keep the faith and buy two! BB10
    01-06-13 11:49 AM
    Come back in 6 months and I will tell you.
    Snap51 likes this.
    01-06-13 11:52 AM
    Come back in 6 months and I will tell you.
    6 months? We should know by the end of february lol.

01-06-13 12:02 PM
    So far, it's a hit. It's gotten mostly positive reactions from the tech and business circles alike, which was non-existent before it got passed around. It's caused the stock to rise very significantly. It gives RIM a fighting chance at survival, and perhaps even a measure of success. How successful it will be in the long term is debatable, but for the most part BB10 has done everything it was supposed to do and more. That's a hit in my book.
    01-06-13 12:02 PM
    Yet another "is BB a failure post" How would we know when you dont even know the UI, OS or how it works. Leaks are not final release.
    01-06-13 12:29 PM
    we won't know until its out. but I have 2 probs with the ui that I think they need to look into.
    1- "peek & flow" for left handed use. it seems to be a neat idea but its goin to be less effective for leftys .
    2- the lock screen. they touting bb10 for one handed use. but unless u have gigantic hands there's no way your gonna be able to unlock the phone(swipe from bottom to top) with 1 hand easily. I've watched a few vidz where they say swipe from any bezel to the other which would mean it would work like on the playbook but I've not seem anyone unlock by sweiping horizontally.
    1. Peek and flow is very easy to use for left handed people, on my dev alpha at least!
    2. I have smaller hands, and the lock screen is extremely easy to use.

Hope this helps.
    jasonvan9, zyben, hpjrt and 1 others like this.
    01-06-13 12:41 PM
    6 months? We should know by the end of february lol.

lol who the **** told you that
    01-06-13 12:44 PM
    Silly post, given that the 'launch date' is weeks away still and the product isn't for sale. What's next? "Is the XBox 720 a flop?"
    jasonvan9, zyben and Dr.Deebs like this.
    01-06-13 12:46 PM
    Silly post, given that the 'launch date' is weeks away still and the product isn't for sale. What's next? "Is the XBox 720 a flop?"
    Isn't Rogers at 1800 pre-orders already for its wait list? So if thats the case then people have had some idea of what it is they are pre-ordering.

01-06-13 12:56 PM
    lol those are BB fans pre ordering the device, others are waiting to see what its about
    01-06-13 01:00 PM

*points*
    You. . .stop that.
    01-06-13 01:04 PM
    *points*
    You. . .stop that.
    Stop what. ..?.

01-06-13 01:07 PM
    It has not yet been released yet, so until then it is impossible to know how it will be received by the public.
    01-06-13 01:15 PM
    Isn't Rogers at 1800 pre-orders already for its wait list? So if thats the case then people have had some idea of what it is they are pre-ordering.
    Did Rogers announce how many pre-orders they've taken vs. what they were expecting vs. what their typical pre-orders are for phones?
    01-06-13 01:20 PM

OP, I gotta say that I'm bemused by this thread. Are you just trying to take the pulse of the community? Seeing who's up on Sunday morning? I'll assume the best here, but I think you chose a rather unfortunate title...

First point: I'm not a lefty, but I've checked out the gestures with my left hand. There's not a huge difference. I will grant, though, that in using the Peek gesture (up and to the right), your thumb winds up blocking some of the notification area. Ideally, yes, there'd be a way to configure for this in the settings. I asked one of RIM's dev relations people about this at a BB Jam last summer and he seemed puzzled by the question, unfortunately.

Second point, you don't have to swipe all the way to the top of the screen to clear the lock, only about 3/4ths of the way. VERY easy to do one-handed.

And no, no side-bezel swipes to switch apps. I'd say the only reason the side bezels are even there is so that you can use them for top/bottom swipes in landscape orientation. The good news, a bottom swipe minimizes to the Active Frames page, and you can pick the running app you want to switch to from there. Only slightly more involved, and arguably better in the sense that if you have several apps running, it could take multiple side-swipes to reach the one you really want. AF navigation would get you there much quicker.
    01-06-13 01:20 PM
    You can't proclaim something a flop until its had a chance to actually hit the market and sell (or not sell).
    Thunderbuck and vespajet like this.
    01-06-13 01:28 PM
    A provocative post. Should be interesting to see how it develops.
    01-06-13 01:33 PM
    So why are you asking now then? Just another useless thread.
    vespajet likes this.
    01-06-13 01:36 PM
    Should be interesting to see how it develops.
    It's going nowhere fast.
    01-06-13 01:38 PM
    for sure a flop question............
    01-06-13 01:39 PM
    18,000 seems overly optimistic... Whats ur source?
    I said 1800, careful with the zeros

and source; in another thread on here they were discussing the wait list at www.rogers.com and the last number referenced was 1800.

01-06-13 01:45 PM
26 12