The power saving mode doesn't save power. My battery runs out pretty quickly that I have to carry an external charger (with built in battery around). How do I get a longer battery life? I already quit apps when I don't use them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 11:33 PM
    These tips which helped me to save battery:

1. Only install apps that are truly useful - if you don't use an app in two weeks time, uninstall it.
    2. Store less files on SD card and internal storage - The phone's file indexing service consumes LOTS of battery.
    3. Do not use any "battery boost" or "memory boost" softwares - they never done anything for me.

You might have closed an app, but it may still run, so use "Blackberry Device Analyzer" to find out high CPU usage apps and delete them.
    01-06-13 02:51 AM
    in my opinion number of apps dont affect the battery life just the amount of memory used as they arent constantly running, i have 39 non native apps, 20 themes and a full 32gb media card

1. go into each app with a feed e.g. facebook, twitter, n4bb and go to options and turn the refresh/update to manual instead of every hour
    2. set the backlight to automatically dim and put it down to 10 and the backlight timer down to 10 seconds
    3. update you operating system to the latest stickied at the top of this forum or use a hybrid if you feel confident
    4. get a larger capacity battery - theres some 1500mah ones guaranteed capaciity (mugen and another type - seido i think) or one from ebay, i have a 1900mah one that lasts me two days with a drain rate of 1.6% per hour - ebay is hit and miss though, gold batterys for example tend to just be rewrapped 1250mah batteries which is the same as oem rim ones
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-06-13 04:10 AM
    The only things that affect the battery are as follows,

1. Using the device (if the screen is on, its using the battery).

2. Location services, (on most phones these toggle in the background every few minutes updating weather and location for other programs)

3. Antennas (Wifi, bluetooth, nfc all waste power if connected and not used)

4. Network antenna (2G, Edge waste less power than 3G and 4G) if your phone is continuously searching for signal and switching between the networks there will be very heavy battery drain.

01-06-13 11:14 AM
    How is the screen brightness set? Mine is set to 10, and time out after 10 seconds. Also as Berry_Pink has said, check your apps which might be refreshing, I have all my FaceBook, and Twitter set to 'none'. I am on a 9900 with the xmas special hybrid OS (based off .807) from BerryLicio.us and can get 12 hours if not more of juice.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-06-13 02:20 PM
    my Bluetooth and NFC is on 24/7 and its never connected but my battery still lasts me the same amount of time it would if they were off.

01-06-13 02:47 PM
    my Bluetooth and NFC is on 24/7 and its never connected but my battery still lasts me the same amount of time it would if they were off.

Yes because you aren't using them so its the same as if they were off.

01-06-13 03:51 PM
    Just make sure you are not charging your battery every 3-4 hours because it messes up your battery and then it means buying another this works for me:
    I charge my phone all the way up at night I wake up and I use it through out the day as normal BUT closing all my apps as I go along and I charge my phone at around half 10 11pm and sometimes my battery dies but most of the time it still has battery in it best thing I can say is use your phone untill the battery dies and don't keep topping up the charge because it makes it worse.
    01-06-13 04:09 PM