I am sitting here, headphones in and listening to a bunch of tunes I bought from the music store. The sound is just incredible and I say this because I am so picky about sound. Makes me wanna hug my playbook
    01-04-13 08:58 PM
    I am sitting here, headphones in and listening to a bunch of tunes I bought from the music store. The sound is just incredible and I say this because I am so picky about sound. Makes me wanna hug my playbook
    Couldn't agree more... Aweome!
    01-04-13 09:18 PM
    YES indeed, one of the many GREAT things overlooked on the PLAYBOOK. The sound quality without headphones with the TWO speakers is NICE also
    01-04-13 09:44 PM
    I got a nice set of sennheisers from santa and added this great inline amp http://www.google.com/search?q=http:...mplifiers.html

What a difference it makes and the manufacturer is a really good guy to do business with. Been meaning to write a proper review on this amp here. Google the amp name PAV2 and you will find many great reviews on the hifi forums and the like.

ps. I am not associated with the seller, only a happy consumer of this product.
    Puddin13, Spencerdl and Zildjian71 like this.
    01-04-13 10:14 PM
    The Playbook uses a Wolfson WM8994 audio chip. I think the audio output is pretty good although there's some hiss with very sensitive headphones. Best setup so far for me has been a Nokia N8 with any decent IEMs or Grado SR80... clean sound with hard bass and clean treble, nice midrange, no hiss at all.
    01-04-13 11:28 PM
    Now if only RIM would include an equalizer so you could actually adjust the various levels...

RCK
    01-05-13 12:10 AM
    ^^ try neutron mp in app world. One of the best music players out there.

Neutron Music Player
    rick0415, RocPlayr and bdegrande like this.
    01-05-13 12:54 AM
    Unfortunately Neutron MP tends to lag once in awhile while I am running it in background playing and doing other things like browsing, etc... I am still used to the original player but hey, this sound chip is great.

It is not as good as my rockboxed sansa fuze player (if anyone even care lol) but it is just slightly below it
    01-05-13 02:34 AM
    Just one of the many great things about the playbook. It's a shame it doesn't get the praise it deserves. External speakers are fantastic too. It's surprising the depth and volume you can get out of those things.
    01-05-13 09:46 PM
    I'M like the OP now . I received my BOSE QC15 Limited Edition (Blue color) Headphones in the mail today and .......WOW......the sound is AWSOME. I was using my BOSE earbuds which also sound GOOD, but nothing like the QC15 and PlayBook combination. I've been listening to music ever since the mailman came . Battery is at 46%' not bad.
    01-05-13 10:41 PM
    I'M like the OP now . I received my BOSE QC15 Limited Edition (Blue color) Headphones in the mail today and .......WOW......the sound is AWSOME. I was using my BOSE earbuds which also sound GOOD, but nothing like the QC15 and PlayBook combination. I've been listening to music ever since the mailman came . Battery is at 46%' not bad.
    Oh, a bit on the, well, high side. Enjoy them. They would be great on a flight. I've got some small Sennheiser's that are much more compact but have a dangling battery holder making them more futz-worthy! I like the Bose, battery in ear piece concept - much cleaner. Did you find them at a discount anywhere?
    01-06-13 12:18 AM
    I agree, the sound on the Playbook runs circles around other tablets. My "old-new" Ipad3 and PS Vita simply can't compete or compare with the Playbook speakers. I rarely use headphones with the Playbook as I can actually hear everything very well ... Unlike my Vita which even with the volume cranked, you wouldn't be remiss in asking if the darn thing was on mute. LOL
    01-06-13 01:41 AM
    I use JVC Marshmallow in-ear buds with the playbook and let me tell you, the sound is incredible. I have tried high-end buds as well as low-end. The marshmallows are considered low-end and are the best ones I have ever used and makes everything sound awesome. And I am incredibly picky about how my devices sound, that is why I tried everything and anything by this point. The Marshallow's retail for around 12 bucks. Can't beat that!
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-06-13 05:18 AM
    Oh, a bit on the, well, high side. Enjoy them. They would be great on a flight. I've got some small Sennheiser's that are much more compact but have a dangling battery holder making them more futz-worthy! I like the Bose, battery in ear piece concept - much cleaner. Did you find them at a discount anywhere?
    I wish...LOL. I've been looking at these headphones for about a year and when the Limited blue ones became available, I went ahead and purchased them as a late Xmas gift for myself........had to justify the purchase somehow .
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-06-13 06:43 AM
    Yep, the Playbook sound is the single reason I doubt I'll ever get rid of it... Love the sound quality!
    01-06-13 08:57 AM
    I wish...LOL. I've been looking at these headphones for about a year and when the Limited blue ones became available, I went ahead and purchased them as a late Xmas gift for myself........had to justify the purchase somehow .
    Oh, you have a nice Santa, Santa! I looked around and see Bose holds the price on these things. No discounts allowed. I'd have to think about it for a while!
    01-06-13 10:34 AM
    I agree #playbookrocks!!!
    01-06-13 11:11 AM
    I was just using my playbook with my bose soundlink wireless speaker yesterday and admired the sound as well. Very crisp Mind you I wouldn't expect anything less then great from the device
    01-06-13 11:32 AM
    Oh, you have a nice Santa, Santa! I looked around and see Bose holds the price on these things. No discounts allowed. I'd have to think about it for a while!
    I thought about it for a year , decided to take the "plunge".......glad I did .......all I can say is .......AWSOME!!
    01-06-13 12:09 PM
    Watching movies on the BlackBerry PlayBook, listening to music on the BlackBerry PlayBook, or streaming lectures on the BlackBerry PlayBook provides a rich experience for the auditory or visual senses.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-06-13 12:20 PM
    It would be nice if we could listen to the BlackBerry PlayBook via a Bluetooth headset to reduce the wire clutter. Maybe with BlackBerry OS 10?
    01-06-13 12:25 PM
    But you can do that...

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 12:57 PM
    My brother has a wireless gadget that he connects his PlayBook to so that he can wander around the house listening to music on his headphones.

I bought a second 64Gb PB specifically to use as a music player. At the moment it is about two-thirds full with 850 .wav files (I may convert them all to .flac as I am told this is a better lossless format). The sound quality when played on my large home hifi speakers via a Mission Cyrus 2 am with PSX power supply is very, very good. I use the Neutron music player. With so much functionality in a small tablet it seems such a faff messing about with CDs and records now, although I still prefer to play my vinyl when I want the best audio experience.
    01-06-13 01:08 PM
    Blue tooth my PB to my Audi sound system....amazing! Crisp beautiful sound.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 01:13 PM
    lol every time I question my PB's abilities I just play my favorite song on its duel stereo speakers and all the negative thoughts just blow away
    01-06-13 02:04 PM
41 12