I'll try and be brief with this post:
    Purchased PlayBook for my wife November 22/12 and we were generally very pleased with its' performance etc. Fast forward to December 24th/12 and we could no longer "charge" the PB. The OEM charger cable would not connect/fit to the USB port!! Prior to that day, there were no problems whatsoever.
    Called RIM support and after about 20 minutes of phone support/questioning/verification etc. was issued a RMA authorization. Received the attendant shipping materials/documentation on the 27th and followed the direction to contact FedEx - the RMA package/our PB was picked up at our home on the 28th for return to RIM (Tennessee).
    Today is Friday the 4th of January 2013 and we are in possession of a brand new replacement PB!!!

When one considers the time frames here and the fact that it's the Holiday Season with Christmas and New Year's etc. I consider this exemplary Customer Service!!! We were advised/forewarned that we should not expect any "backup" of data/files/apps etc. and sure enough there was none. But to have to reinstall/reintroduce a few apps and Accounts was a very small inconvenience.

We're probably like a lot of other consumers - quick to criticize/complain but relatively silent when there is exceptional Customer Service.

Kudos to RIM for their resolution of our issue in a thoroughly professional and expedient fashion!!
    01-04-13 04:20 PM
    Glad to here you had a great customer service experience!
    annon91221, GV2012 and malgpz900 like this.
    01-04-13 04:24 PM
    That's great! If I were you I would recommend the magnetic travel charger it's so much easier and less chance of damage...
    annon91221 likes this.
    01-04-13 04:30 PM
    Thanks. It's always good to hear about the positive experiences too.
    01-04-13 05:11 PM
    Just an added FYI - we have purchased a magnetic travel charger/Rapid Charge Dock station and love it!! But the replacement PB from RIM now allows for backups via Desktop Software Manager etc. with a fully functional USB port!!
    annon91221 and johnierw like this.
    01-04-13 05:41 PM
    Please excuse my ignorance but are these the same thing - magnetic travel charger/Rapid Charge Dock station? I have hopefully been lucky enough to get a dock for �4.99 (if it gets delivered) but travel a lot and the normal charger on my 64gb PB is very iffy; could snap at any time. Not sure how portable a dock would be though?

Also... having problems with the wifi on my PB and exchanging tweets with @BlackBerryHelp who have been very helpful (suppose they have to be..its in their name!)
    01-04-13 06:01 PM
    the dock is just a small box and a detachable cord that can be rolled up. easily fit into a small pocket of a travel bag
    Hugh Rapson likes this.
    01-04-13 06:02 PM
    Great thanks..now do you know anything about wifi!!
    01-04-13 06:08 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. RIM has great customer service.
    01-04-13 06:18 PM
    that, definitely is exemplary customer service...
    01-04-13 06:37 PM
    Here's the two forms of rapid charger
    Attached Thumbnails Credit where Credit Due!!-dockandrapidpcharger1.jpg  
    01-04-13 07:03 PM
    Like it so much have 2.
    01-04-13 09:19 PM
    Great thanks..now do you know anything about wifi!!
    what's the issue?
    01-04-13 09:21 PM
    I have to say I have experienced excellent support from RIM.
    01-04-13 11:57 PM
    Always glad to hear a good story.

I've been lucky. RIM has built me a fine product and after over a year and a 1/2 now, I still have yet to need any customer service or an RMA.

Thanks RIM for making an awesome long lasting product.
    01-05-13 12:08 AM
    Well I basically had the same positive experience as the OP.
    The screen on mine wouldn't "wake up". They sent me a refurbished device even though my original one was out of the 1 year warranty by 9 months.

Of course I gave them a stellar review in their customer service survey which they sent me later.
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    01-05-13 02:37 AM
    what's the issue?
    I have two PB's. One with OS v.1314 and one with v.1088. Both set up identically for wifi, both connect but the 1314 one will not open any web pages. Occasionally it does but 99% of time blue bar goes 1/3 way along then get "Couldn't resolve the host name". Tried everything I can think of, reset wifi, rebooted everything, deleted saved wifi settings, etc etc, googgled till my fingers bled but no joy.
    Here's the only variable as it worked before...just changed from BT broadband to Sky. 1314 worked on BT but wont work on Sky..
    01-05-13 07:19 AM
    I can't read enough of these positive posts. They're like fresh air blowing through. I also think that this kind of positivity connected to the company name will do as much for the success of RIM as some neat feature on the upcoming phones. We know they have a lot to recover from and this is big part of that recovery. Well done RIM and thanks OP.
    01-05-13 09:19 AM
    I have two PB's. One with OS v.1314 and one with v.1088. Both set up identically for wifi, both connect but the 1314 one will not open any web pages. Occasionally it does but 99% of time blue bar goes 1/3 way along then get "Couldn't resolve the host name". Tried everything I can think of, reset wifi, rebooted everything, deleted saved wifi settings, etc etc, googgled till my fingers bled but no joy.
    Here's the only variable as it worked before...just changed from BT broadband to Sky. 1314 worked on BT but wont work on Sky..
    Try the type of security being used, I had to change from wep to wpa2 and that resolved my problem.
    Hugh Rapson likes this.
    01-05-13 09:36 AM
    We're probably like a lot of other consumers - quick to criticize/complain but relatively silent when there is exceptional Customer Service.

Kudos to RIM for their resolution of our issue in a thoroughly professional and expedient fashion!!
    I love to hear about the good stories more than the bad ones, but need to know about the bad ones to and see if it apples to me as well. Yes RIM did a good job here on this one and glad your issue was resolved and they ante upped for a new PB for your wifey. Enjoy!
    01-05-13 09:58 AM
    Try the type of security being used, I had to change from wep to wpa2 and that resolved my problem.
    Thanks axeman1000, tried that... Just hoping the BB10 upgrade (if we get it) will fix the problem. At least I have another PB I can use with my wifi around the house for now..
    01-05-13 04:41 PM
    Excellent to see another positive post.
    01-06-13 11:29 AM