I've been a loyal blackberry user for many years, I value rim and it's products the most but recently im starting to doubt if they care about their customers at all, I've sent my bold 9900 for RMA service which arrived at their repair facility on the 4th of December 2012, I've been sending a follow-up email lately due to the fact that it's taken longer that it should, I've been told that that maximum repair duration is 10days, apparently until now (4th of Jan) I haven't got any response as to whats really happening and why it's taking this long. The blackberry support team has no idea either and the only answer they keep giving me is that "we have send a follow up report to out RMA team and we will let you know asap" same line over and over and I wonder whats wrong with their RMA team why they can't give me an answer, I just want to know whats happening. Im starting to doubt RIM and their support for customers. Have no idea what else to do.

Has anybody experienced the same situation like I do, perhaps your RMA experience, I'd like to hear.
    01-04-13 01:32 AM
    Not me. I sent mine in for repair mid Dec. And got it back before Xmas...they even kept calling me to pick it up from FedEx on a daily basis until I picked it up. Better service than with any other product I've ever bought!
    01-04-13 02:25 AM
    Not me. I sent mine in for repair mid Dec. And got it back before Xmas...they even kept calling me to pick it up from FedEx on a daily basis until I picked it up. Better service than with any other product I've ever bought!
    That exactly my point, I previously sent a device for RMA before and it only took just 2 weeks, but this one I don't understand. It's way behind schedule and I need the device for work purposes so it's really inconvenient I'm so frustrated with RIM.
    01-04-13 02:57 AM
    RIM is too busy with the launch of BB10 I guess..
    01-04-13 03:06 AM
    They can't just put aside other customers though, I mean they need to manage it without other people suffering, even if it's the case the customer has the right to know whats happening. They can't leave a customer hanging just because they're preparing for something else they should have enough people to look after them
    magutwit and MTL like this.
    01-04-13 03:13 AM
    its like this with every company one person has a great experience and the person before or after them has a horrible experience
    BB12MX and filoinstyle like this.
    01-04-13 03:20 AM
    Some of this RMA is 3rd party I believe. No excuse indeed! sorry for your wait.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-04-13 03:21 AM
    Me too (I mean starting to lose loyalty although I'll probably stay on board), but for other reasons.
    Anyways, no offense, but I think that consumers shouldn't be loyal, in a normal world it's the enterprise that should be loyal to its customers.
    01-04-13 03:41 AM
    Why not just take a refurb? My carrier, Vodafone UK sends me a refurb next day, we swap and I'm good to go.
    01-04-13 03:50 AM
    Why not just take a refurb? My carrier, Vodafone UK sends me a refurb next day, we swap and I'm good to go.
    Yeah if only I knew but I have my phone sent already to their repair facility so I can't do anything but wait now
    01-04-13 03:55 AM
    Me too (I mean starting to lose loyalty although I'll probably stay on board), but for other reasons.
    Anyways, no offense, but I think that consumers shouldn't be loyal, in a normal world it's the enterprise that should be loyal to its customers.
    Thats actually a good point, I hope they do know that...
    01-04-13 03:57 AM
    Yeah if only I knew but I have my phone sent already to their repair facility so I can't do anything but wait now
    I think you have to blame your carrier on this one, not RIM.
    bluetroll likes this.
    01-04-13 04:13 AM
    I think you have to blame your carrier on this one, not RIM.
    The carrier is not repairing the phone.
    01-04-13 07:18 AM
    Ive done an RMA service before it went absolutely quick thats why ive decided to do an RMA on my this phone as well, but I didn't know it'll take this long, I'm not blaming rim I guess I'm just dissappointed of the time its taking but it already happened so I'll just wait.
    01-04-13 07:41 AM
    The carrier is not repairing the phone.
    The carrier always has a stock of like new refurbished phones to ensure minimal interruption for the customer. Doesn't Apple operate the same way?

They just never told the OP about it, I always ask for a replacement handset, I never ask them to fix my phone.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-04-13 07:46 AM
    One of the reasons I stay with BlackBerry product is because of its excellent reliability, at least in my experience. The only real issue I've had was with serious over heating and battery drain issues with my 9790. RIM couldn't have helped me anymore than they did, they worked in concert with my carrier to successfully diagnose and fix the problem over the course of 3 days without sending the phone in, all over the phone. They "bought" my loyalty with helpful, friendly, accurate and timely help. Shame your experience hasn't been the same, hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-04-13 08:26 AM
    One of the reasons I stay with BlackBerry product is because of its excellent reliability, at least in my experience. The only real issue I've had was with serious over heating and battery drain issues with my 9790. RIM couldn't have helped me anymore than they did, they worked in concert with my carrier to successfully diagnose and fix the problem over the course of 3 days without sending the phone in, all over the phone. They "bought" my loyalty with helpful, friendly, accurate and timely help. Shame your experience hasn't been the same, hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Thats exactly why I chose blackberry too, I use my blackberry alot at work, it's by far the most convenient device I ever used. My first RMA was with my blackberry porsche, I had a good experience, quick and prompted. It just happened that its a different situation on my bold 9900. I use it for work and tend to use my porsche for personal use so not having it for over a month is kind of inconvenient so hopefully I could get it back soon
    01-04-13 08:35 AM
    My experience was awesome. Telus gave me a phone to use while mine was sent for repair which probably took less than 10 days. Now the guys at Telus didn't have a clue how to change the BES configuration so I just took it home and wiped it, updated it > simple.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-04-13 08:58 AM
    I've always done replacements via the carrier. Done this with multiple carriers. I either give them the bad phone at the store and get a new one, or they ship you a refurb in a day or so with a return label and you put the defective one in the box and drop it off at the UPS or FedEx. Best way to do it. I'd never send off a phone for repair as I can't be without a phone for even a few days.
    shemaree09 and Blacklatino like this.
    01-04-13 09:08 AM
    The carrier always has a stock of like new refurbished phones to ensure minimal interruption for the customer. Doesn't Apple operate the same way?

They just never told the OP about it, I always ask for a replacement handset, I never ask them to fix my phone.
    You are ignoring the fact that RIM has his phone and is not repairing it in a timely manner. This is probably the exception more than the rule, but still the main premise of his complaint. That does not excuse the carrier from not providing a replacement as you said.
    filoinstyle and Blacklatino like this.
    01-04-13 10:49 AM
    When I had my 9780 fixed under warranty, it was a much more pleasant experience. Telus gave me a loaner phone of the exact same spec and sent my broken phone off to RIM. About 10 days later, the fixed phone was ready to pickup. Shame about your negative experience, but ultimately RIM is run by humans, just like any other company, and the human element means things will go wrong every once in a while. We can only hope they'll treat it as a lesson and do their best to avoid this happening again.
    01-04-13 10:56 AM
    Wow, a month. That's almost as long as a RIM "soon"
    01-04-13 11:03 AM
    Probably your phone fell in the hands of an incompetent customer service rep. There are a few of those in every organization.

I'd say call them again, and escalate to their supervisor. Do not drop the call until they give you a delivery date.
    01-04-13 11:10 AM
    The people working on BlackBerry 10 activities are not the same people processing RMAs. Or do you think RIM is a mom-and-pop back alley shop?
    01-04-13 11:41 AM
    Contact carrier and department again. Get some knuckles rapped for the delay
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-04-13 12:04 PM
55 123