Well I love my curve, but I just recently found out it has a design flaw that causes the space key to squeek as you push it in. This is pretty annoying as I use the keyboard and space key very often. So I'm wondering if I should just switch to a curve, or stick with the pearl. What do you guys think?
    09-25-08 09:03 PM
    You may try WD40 when it starts squeeking.
    09-25-08 09:31 PM
    Its up to you. What do you want to get? Why not get a new curve? Is this squeeking noise shared by all curve users?
    09-25-08 09:32 PM
    That squeak may be specific to your device - my curve is fine. As for pearl vs curve, do a search here for that information. There are countless threads with great information and comparisons

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 09:33 PM
    Wait sorry guys, I just realized a typo there, not my curve, I own the pearl. I don't know why I put curve there, but the Pearl has the squeeky sound
    09-25-08 09:54 PM
    Again, device specific. My pearl never had a squeaky sound.

09-25-08 09:58 PM
    Yea my space bar is just fine also

09-25-08 10:33 PM
    I like my curve. I have had it for about a week now and I'm in love (don't let my girlfriend know)

Any way I chose the curve over the pearl because of the full keyboard as apposed to half.

In the end its up to you. I would probably just hold out to one of the newer models comes out (like the javelin)

09-25-08 10:37 PM
    You may try WD40 when it starts squeeking.
    Why WD40? WD stands for water displacement - sheesh. He should be pouring grease on it.
    09-25-08 11:04 PM
    I would go with the curve. You get a full keyboard along with a bigger screen. Had mine for about 2 months now and absolutely love it.

09-25-08 11:44 PM
    i prefer the full keyboard.
    09-26-08 04:54 AM
    Ive gotta pearl no problems

09-26-08 08:50 AM
    The pearls are more problem prone

09-26-08 07:11 PM
    I have a curve just because of the full keyboard. I've had other phones with full keyboards and don't think I could go without one.

09-26-08 08:31 PM
    It simply depends on the type of device you prefer. Both are regarded as the best in their class.
    Me? Hands down...querty. No going back!

09-26-08 08:37 PM
    The pearls are more problem prone

Do you have statistics to back that up?
    09-26-08 08:38 PM
    I've been doing some research and it goes along with what I saw here. Most people prefer the Curve over the Pearl because of the screen and full keyboard. In the time I've had my Pearl I've realized some problems with the suretype, such as some words that I type often enough for it to be a problem, coming up as other words. I think I am going to go for a Curve, but not sure yet.
    09-26-08 08:56 PM
    I've been doing some research and it goes along with what I saw here. Most people prefer the Curve over the Pearl because of the screen and full keyboard. In the time I've had my Pearl I've realized some problems with the suretype, such as some words that I type often enough for it to be a problem, coming up as other words. I think I am going to go for a Curve, but not sure yet.
    But isn't that somewhat the nature of any predictive text?
    09-26-08 09:01 PM
    It is, that is one of the things I didn't like about T9, and one of the negatives of SureType. I text a lot, somewhere from 15-25 thousand a month, so I need accuracy when I text, it is a big thing for me.
    09-26-08 09:14 PM
    Yea its all about full qwerty in my book. Though I do think the Pearl is a great device.

09-26-08 09:31 PM
    Curve by far
    09-26-08 09:47 PM
    Choose curve through vzw
    09-26-08 09:51 PM
    I'm not comfortable enough with my masculinity to have a pearl. That is why I have a Curve...j/k
    09-26-08 09:53 PM
    Well I am on Pearl # 3... The first one had a exception error pop up like every 15 mins... Pearl # 2 had the ABC symbol for when you are typing alpha would not go away... I would be on the main screen and it wouldn't go away... This one has not had any problems... and I pray it doesn't. I love the pearl because it is small enough to fit comfortably in my pocket. I love the small design but I will say this...a lot of people I know offline personaly has had at least one issue with the pearl. It does seem to have a few bugs that might need to be fixed. So all in all if you are willing to take the time to weed out the bad bugs until you find a good one... I say just stick with the pearl... it is a nifty lil phone if you get a good one... but I have heard the curve is good... Just depends on you but the squeeky button.... that is a new one to me... sounds like you might want to show it to whoever your service provider is and exchange for another one... but that's just my personal opinion.. in the end, do what makes you happy in the long run... short time fixes are just annoying lol and plus the wd40 would most likely void any chance of a warranty exchange.. but I am not a expert.
    09-26-08 10:22 PM
    I have the 8100, and when I asked the place where I bought it they said they have gotten a lot of returns lately because of the squeeky space key issue. So I don't know if it is just the 8100's on T-Mobile that get this, or what, but a lot of people have been experiencing this on T-Mobile.
    09-27-08 12:11 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD