I have been waiting for bb10 having for a long time my torch 9800. I love the message tasking on bb and now on bb10 the camera looks cool. But, I saw that iphone 5 now has the capacity to take pictures in the same time you are video recording with no blurring. Only that function is making me turn to another way. That is very useful for when I record my kids recital and want to take pictures without a seperate camera or choosing blurry frames from the video.

I have not seen that on the new BB10. Can it do it? Or, is there an app on app world for that?
    amjass12 likes this.
    01-03-13 12:30 AM
    This would be an amazing feature! I really hope they have it! and also taking like 10 shots per second like the s3 kinda has! not sure how many pictures it takes but im sure im close

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 01:43 AM
    This would be an amazing feature! I really hope they have it! and also taking like 10 shots per second like the s3 kinda has! not sure how many pictures it takes but im sure im close

There is already burst mode in the camera on the dev alpha. You can take like 30 straight shots by holding down the screen.
    rafaelabril and mithrazor like this.
    01-03-13 01:57 AM
    I would assume, and only assume as I just don't know, that you could pause the video during playback at any given point, and simply take a screen shot. Now this would require the screen to not show the play/pause etc buttons, but in theory, it could work. I do see where a feature like this would be useful for some.
    TrickyCase likes this.
    01-03-13 07:00 AM

as stated above, the device contains burst mode which can take up to 30 continuous images. You can also take screenshots while video recording, when the video is running. this can be used to get "stills" even while still recording.
    01-03-13 07:18 AM
    as stated above, the device contains burst mode which can take up to 30 continuous images. You can also take screenshots while video recording, when the video is running. this can be used to get "stills" even while still recording.
    So it's confirmed. BB 10 can take pictures while recording by screenshots, but you have the icons while recording or not? If not the feature is complete and will be a better camera than iphone 5.
    01-03-13 12:19 PM
    I played around with this feature on a friend's S3 and thought it was neat. It would be a nice addition to BB10's camera functionality. If it does end up on BB10, it would be nice if it takes actual still photos as opposed to a screen capture as some have mentioned.
    01-03-13 02:27 PM
    I would assume, and only assume as I just don't know, that you could pause the video during playback at any given point, and simply take a screen shot. Now this would require the screen to not show the play/pause etc buttons, but in theory, it could work.
    This is exactly what I do... it doesn't show the play/pause etc and is excellent quality... for those who don't know how to take a screenshot on a PlayBook, you simultaneously press the volume up and volume down buttons at the top of the device.

have fun playing with this function!
    01-03-13 03:08 PM
    sorry... I forgot to point out that the above is a PlayBook solution, but I would hope the same applies to a smartphone and would be extremely surpised if its not achievable on BB10
    01-03-13 03:11 PM
    I have a Dev Alpha and no, you cannot take pics while recording but you can take screenshots of the screen by holding the volume buttons down.
    01-03-13 03:12 PM
    My problem is that the pictures I take come out w pause or volume or controls onscreen. Also I cannot choose the pic I want to the second cause I have to pause it and then there is a pause button on screen. Grr
    09-27-14 05:37 PM
    If I remember correctly, you can do so with 10.3, that is you just have to tap the screen while shootings a video to take a picture. Maybe someone with a passport or a device with a 10.3 leak installed can confirm this.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:28 PM
    Yes works with 10.3 really well. Definitely looking forward to that feature with the official release

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:39 PM
    Can confirm, works with 10.3.
    Can BB10 take pictures while video recording?-img_20140927_212532.png

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:25 PM
    Running 10.3 leak on Z10 STL100-3, and I confirm that you can take pictures while recording a video Works perfectly fine

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:55 PM