Say that a man had come up to you from whatever phone company and offered you to pick any phone FREE and your bill to be cut by 20%.

Would you pick the Blackberry Torch(50 or 60)

The I phone 5

The Windows Phone 8x

The Samsung Galaxy s3.

Or the latest Blackberry Bold.

If these were the phones he was offering? Also why you picked your choice.
    01-02-13 05:31 PM
    Am I allowed to be the BlackBerry fanatic I am now, or a completely innocent, non-biased person?
    01-02-13 05:38 PM
    What an odd list.

To answer your question, I wouldn't take the free BlackBerry. I'm going to buy one of their new phones in February, so it wouldn't make any sense. Why not grab a free phone for a different reason?

If I had to pick from the list, I'd go with the S3 as an upgrade for an friend who likes Android phones.

If I could pick any current model, I'd go with the Galaxy Note 2 because styluses are useful and cool. I'm hoping that RIM figures that out and allows for a stylus to optionally be used in some future model. It's not so essential that I'd switch to Android, but it sure would be nice.
    01-02-13 05:46 PM
    I'm amusing this is on a contract. . .If on a contract I'm taking the Torch . . .if off contract I'm taking the 8X. . .
    01-02-13 05:52 PM
    I would choose the new P'9981 in matte black, thank you very much.
    01-02-13 05:53 PM
    I HAVE had that choice....and I like my 9850...granted, the Storm 1 and 2 damn near drove me from BB, but I have a niece with an iPhone 4S (and from what I've heard, not many are impressed with iPhone 5) and my daughter has a Droid X2.
    I've sat down with both of them and said, "Ok....other than entertainment, show me exactly what this does soooooo much better than a Blackberry." I've done the same with co-workers, and most people actually say, "You know....I never really thought about it, but...nothing really." But if I hear another person start with the words "angry birds" coming out of their mouth, I'm gonna punch them in the face. I could not give two $hits about *&$%-ing Angry Birds
    jasonvan9, bb624 and Dapper37 like this.
    01-02-13 05:55 PM
    I have not played with a Windows8 phone yet, but would love to, so I can't say on that one
    TommyBB likes this.
    01-02-13 05:56 PM
    Again, it's like going to McDonald's and asking the people eating a Big Mac if they would prefer a Whopper or a Wendy's.
    01-02-13 05:56 PM
    I'd pick up the iphone in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd then sell the phone on Craigslist for a nice chunk of cash and use that towards a Z10.
    ctuffy, kbz1960, jakie55 and 7 others like this.
    01-02-13 06:01 PM
    I would pick up the most expensive one and sell it up to anyone, then I would buy a L-Series and if have money left, I would buy many apps or accesories
    cathidid likes this.
    01-02-13 06:10 PM
    If I had to keep it, I would grab the bold...... I can't live without BBM

If I could sell it, give me the overpriced iphone 5.....make some money to put towards my BB10
    01-02-13 06:11 PM
    I have to tell you what happened today. I work in the medical field and several other managers, who used BB for years, wouldn't wait for the new BB units and gave in. While talking with two of them (one bought an iPhone 5, the other the big Samsung) both were complaining how much they missed their BBs. I smiled at them both and they knew what I was thinking ('should have waited'). So, the short answer to an interesting question: I am almost in the position described by the OP and I'm passing on them all. No buyer's remorse for me.
    01-02-13 06:25 PM
    Since I already have an iPhone 5, I would pick the Bold, miss the keyboard.
    01-02-13 06:26 PM
    I'd take the iPhone 5... sell it, and buy a Z10 on release
    Spencerdl and peter9477 like this.
    01-02-13 06:28 PM
    I'd pick up the iphone in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd then sell the phone on Craigslist for a nice chunk of cash and use that towards a Z10.
    +1 I would go for that.
    01-02-13 07:16 PM
    There's only like $100 difference in these phones at most. How many people took a phone they didn't want to save that little bit? Especially for something you're going to use for a year or more for most people.
    01-02-13 07:36 PM
    i wouldn't pick a BlackBerry at this point, since BB10 is just round the corner. If it has to be now, i would go for the iPhone 5 since it can fetch a better price, keep using my current BB, then wait till BB10 launches, and go for that.
    01-02-13 07:40 PM
    Again, it's like going to McDonald's and asking the people eating a Big Mac if they would prefer a Whopper or a Wendy's.

Except Whoppers and Wndy's are relevant in the food(smartphone) market while Random Chinese takeout in Detroit(RIM) is not. ATM anyway. Maybe when BB10...
    01-02-13 07:44 PM
    I have to tell you what happened today. I work in the medical field and several other managers, who used BB for years, wouldn't wait for the new BB units and gave in. While talking with two of them (one bought an iPhone 5, the other the big Samsung) both were complaining how much they missed their BBs. I smiled at them both and they knew what I was thinking ('should have waited'). So, the short answer to an interesting question: I am almost in the position described by the OP and I'm passing on them all. No buyer's remorse for me.
    Big Samsung is very descriptive, I am glad you said it, but i seem to have forgotten, which of these big Samsungs are you talking about?

Nexus 1
    Nexus2
    Nexus 3
    Nesus 4
    Note
    Note 2
    Galaxy
    Smaller Galaxy
    Galaxy2
    Galaxy tab
    Smaller Galacytab
    Galaxy tab 2
    Smaller Galaxy tab 2
    Note 2
    Swoosh
    Meatloaf
    Quadskin
    Stratosphere
    Straotsphere 2

etc.

Or did you just make that up sinc eall the above were called to big when released?
    01-02-13 07:47 PM
    I'd get the iPhone 5, sell it off to some sucker and use that $$ to pay for the new BB10!!
    01-02-13 07:49 PM
    Don't forget you have left over to pick up a Playbook as well!
    01-02-13 07:54 PM
    Easy.

I'd buy the GS3 or the iPhone 5.

Why?

Highest re-sale value right now.

I'd make about 80-90% of retail selling price.

Then I'd take half that money and buy an excellent condition used 9900 and save the rest of my money and live happily ever-after.

Now if the Z10 and X10 were included in that list, then I'd pick BB10 no doubt. But as of right now with the phones available, my above plan is what I'd do.
    01-02-13 08:03 PM
    Big Samsung is very descriptive, I am glad you said it, but i seem to have forgotten, which of these big Samsungs are you talking about?

Nexus 1
    Nexus2
    Nexus 3
    Nesus 4
    Note
    Note 2
    Galaxy
    Smaller Galaxy
    Galaxy2
    Galaxy tab
    Smaller Galacytab
    Galaxy tab 2
    Smaller Galaxy tab 2
    Note 2
    Swoosh
    Meatloaf
    Quadskin
    Stratosphere
    Straotsphere 2

etc.

Or did you just make that up sinc eall the above were called to big when released?
    Honestly, she told me but I forgot (eh, see one, seen them all). But I, however, will be unique with my BB unit.....that is until the rest of them catch on (or should I say catch up).
    01-02-13 08:08 PM
    I'd try them all and see which one I like best. I guess I am just too rational.
    01-02-13 08:48 PM
    I'd pick the iPhone or the galaxy III, because they have superior business/entertainment apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 09:01 PM
63 123