I just bought a Lexmark Pro715 printer. It is Compatible with Android 2.1 and higher an-products Apple iOS 4.2 and higher. It says it will print wirelessly using i-products and other tablets where: 'the device must be on the same Wi-Fi network as the printer. Performance is dependent upon network connection quality and speeds'.
    I've read as much as possible on the stickies here (mostly older 2011 posts give wireless print info), so I have a couple of questions before I start on what may be a head-banging procedure:
    1) Is wireless printing easier with the playbook2, than it was with the original PB?
    2) The playbook2 is my only blackberry device. I have read some posts where wireless printing is only successful because owner also has a BB phone, so is it possible with only the playbook2?
    3) Since I'm pretty sure this printer might do it, does anyone know what the best app would be?
    4) BTW: I have the older windows XP, 32 bit and no plans to upgrade because I use my BBPB all the time and only turn on computer to print.
    Thanks for any help.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    12-30-12 12:00 PM
    Does Lexmark have an android app for this purpose? If it does, you might get lucky and get that app ported and sideload it to the PB.

Cheers.
    12-30-12 12:04 PM
    I have an HP wireless printer which has it's own email address. The only way I can print to it from my Playbook is to email the printer with any documents attached to the email. Works ok most of the time.
    12-30-12 12:22 PM
    PrintTool is the app I use for wireless printing.
    12-30-12 01:04 PM
    Does the printer have an administration webpage? Sometimes those will have an option to select a file to print. If you access it from the PB, that might work.
    12-30-12 01:21 PM
    Does the printer have an administration webpage? Sometimes those will have an option to select a file to print. If you access it from the PB, that might work.
    I can try this, but can you give me some more info on how this works?
    12-30-12 01:32 PM
    PrintTool is the app I use for wireless printing.
    Are you using an HP photoprinter? The site says it was only tested on an HP printer & mine is a Lexmark.
    12-30-12 01:34 PM
    It does, so I wil try, but with trepedation
    12-30-12 01:35 PM
    To be honest, Research In Motion could have included CUPS as part of BlackBerry Tablet OS and we'd never have to discuss whether the tablet can print ever again. BlackBerry Tablet OS uses QNX as its foundation and QNX supports CUPS being that it is *nix-based.
    12-30-12 02:19 PM
    Hi,

I have just read the lexmark technical description.

You will be able to use PlayCloud with it !

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

and

Nicolas
    12-30-12 03:00 PM
    There is also an app in appworld cleverly titled 'Print' which has an accompanying program for your computer. Once installed on pc, you use the app 'Print' app on your PB and it will print automatically from your PC. Must be on same wifi network, works perfectly, and is very simple. If your PC is not on, your file won't print, but will as soon as you turn on the PC (obviously printer must be on, if not, doc will print once it is)

Happy printing!
    12-30-12 06:39 PM
    google up google cloud print.
    Google - Cloud Print
    Google Cloud Print
    Print anywhere, from any device.
    Google Cloud Print is a new technology that connects your printers to the web. Using Google Cloud Print, you can make your home and work printers available to you and anyone you choose, from the applications you use every day. Google Cloud Print works on your phone, tablet, Chromebook, PC, and any other web-connected device you want to print from.
    12-30-12 08:26 PM