My friend on Verizon recently purchased a WP8 (HTC 8X) phone and found out that Verizon has blocked the Group Text function on it. Basically he can send a text to multiple people in an MMS but that text comes through to other users as an individual text and not as a group thread. (More info found here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ms-option.html)

After reading up on the issue it looks like Verizon is going to be pushing out an app of their own for this that we would have to then pay for monthly (Verizon Messages). This seems like a terrible idea and I just want people to be aware of the issue. Also,if anyone can confirm or deny if the Verizon BB10 phone will handle group messaging. If it does not then I will be jumping ship to a carrier that does.
    12-29-12 11:05 PM
    Not sure about this, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me in the least. I love Verizon as a carrier, but they tie a fee to everything they possibly can. These are things that we SHOULD have and SHOULD be entitled to. I do not think I have this feature on my current BB, but I know other carriers have it. Too me it's annoying and I probably wouldn't use it anyway. Many times when I have replied to group texts I would always get a text back from someone I did not know, or someone that did not know me and they were usually pretty foul messages. It would be unfortunate for people that do use this feature to not have it though
    12-29-12 11:21 PM
    I don't know if this is a VZW thing or not. I send group texts pretty regularly, and receive them as well.

When I send a group text, the same usual recipients see it and respond to it a a group text, others do not. The iPhone folks tend to be the ones who do not receive it as a group text, or reply as such obviously....
    12-30-12 01:04 PM
    I don't know if this is a VZW thing or not. I send group texts pretty regularly, and receive them as well.

When I send a group text, the same usual recipients see it and respond to it a a group text, others do not. The iPhone folks tend to be the ones who do not receive it as a group text, or reply as such obviously....
    I agree. I'm on VZW and do group mms with no issues. My phone is the 9850. Is this possibly a WP thing?
    12-30-12 10:22 PM
    From what I have heard through friends is that it is currently only a WP8 problem, my concern is that it might be an issue with BB10.
    12-31-12 01:22 PM
    I have a 9850 and I do not believe group messaging is even an option for me. I can get them but I dont see how to send a group message. Maybe I just don't pay attention as I stated I really dont use this feature, so it really is not an issue or big concern with me
    12-31-12 01:37 PM