Hey! Merry Christmas all! I am heading to the US and hoped to use text plus to keep in touch with family while shopping. Sideloaded text plus from the egoodereader site and it worked for a few texts but as soon as I close and try to open again, forced close issue makes it impossible to use. Loaded twice to try and overcome this issue but doesn't work. Followed the Youtube procedure and have no problems loading just doesn't want to seem to work.

Anyone have any success using text +? Any hints as to how to make it work? Google maps sideloaded works great! Using .1314 OS. Thought maybe this update threw things off but I SL'ed both google maps and Text + after updating my PB. Thanks for any help in advance!
    12-25-12 08:17 PM
    yeah, I have been getting the same problem. I read tbst you should use the international version of textplus. hope that helps
    12-27-12 07:53 AM
    Found a way to make it work. I downloaded an app called: quick app manager, and opened it from there.
    12-27-12 09:06 AM
    Can you please explain how you used the quick app manager and where you got it from? I am having the same problem. Thank you!
    12-28-12 01:48 PM
    Can you please explain how you used the quick app manager and where you got it from? I am having the same problem. Thank you!
    You can find it in the app world. The app will make a list of all your apps and alow you to do a couple of things including launching them. Try to launch text+ from there.

If it's working, you mostly have a file problem accoding to my research. What you need to do is erase all text+ files from your filesystem and delete the app. When you reinstall it, it should make all those files back. The files are located in /sdcard/android/data, you should see a text+ related folder.
    12-28-12 02:30 PM
    Thank you! So far its working How can you install contacts or a photo? Im trying to do this for my 10 year old who does not have a facebook.
    Thanks again
    12-28-12 04:16 PM
    I think it's using your android contacts. With quick app you can see the contact app but can't seem to be able to open it... I'm looking into ways to access it and ill return to you with a solution.
    12-29-12 06:08 AM
    Ur the best
    12-29-12 10:12 AM
    I managed to get some contacts in the contact app using a launcher. You can use either Go launcher EX or ICS launcher to get to the contact app and add some.

There's a little problem with this, each time you launch an android app it will ask you if you want to use that launcher or the native one and it can be annoying. I suggest you add your contacts and delete the launcher after.

Once you have contacts there and launcher is deleted, try text+ to see if they are there.
    12-29-12 07:35 PM
    Worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help
    12-29-12 10:28 PM