I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, but don't think it was ever confirmed. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

BB10 RAM confirmed-2-gig-ram.jpg
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 12-24-12 at 08:24 AM.
    12-24-12 08:05 AM
    Fast CrackBerry team is fast. Updated their post over the weekend.

Rumored BlackBerry Z10 Specs and Features | CrackBerry.com
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-24-12 08:24 AM
    Thats nice!!
    12-24-12 09:06 AM
    As great as that is, we can't call it a confirmation. At this point it's just a rumor, even with the screen cap showing 2gb, it's still a rumour. I'm waiting for January 30, 2013 for all the confirmed details.

EDIT: This is the 2gb screen cap that i was talking about: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-more-758986/
    -katar- likes this.
    12-24-12 09:08 AM
    This is not confirmation from RIM. You can consider it to be official confirmation if RIM twitter account tweet the spec.

And actually, the press release will come first at blackberry website.
    12-24-12 09:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, but don't think it was ever confirmed. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Gig Ram.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	129396
    Good spot, but more interesting (to me at least) would be to know if BB10 needs 2GB RAM to work effectively. As a Playbook owner, I'd be keen to find that out.
    12-24-12 09:18 AM
    Good spot, but more interesting (to me at least) would be to know if BB10 needs 2GB RAM to work effectively. As a Playbook owner, I'd be keen to find that out.
    who knows if its needed, the browser on the PB is a huge RAM hog if the BB10 browser is the same way then i'd think you'd need it
    12-24-12 09:20 AM
    RIM decided on 2GB RAM 3+ months back. All the L-series and N-series device will ship with 2GB of RAM.
    12-24-12 09:23 AM
    I didn't know that (about the BB10 phones having 2GB RAM)... I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Anyone (Devs, RIM insiders, etc) know if the 2GB represents an actual NEED rather than a "runs better with 2GB" situation?

Several months ago, I posted this: If during the development of BB10 it is ever realised that BB10 needs more than 1GB of RAM to run, then RIM will back away from their promise to bring BB10 to the Playbook so fast the air behind them will close with a bang!

So I hope the 2GB is a "nice to have" rather than "needed to run", coz I'd really like to be wrong in my prediction!
    12-24-12 10:51 AM
    **** ya it needs 2gb! That's where the PB is lacking.
    12-24-12 11:14 AM
    Anyone (Devs, RIM insiders, etc) know if the 2GB represents an actual NEED rather than a "runs better with 2GB" situation?
    As a developer and someone who has a fairly good understanding of Operating Systems
    It is likely not a need, but for multitasking, having more RAM definitely helps to speed things up as well as prevent applications from running out of memory.
    Kind of like having a bigger basket or a bigger cart at the supermarket. You COULD just keep running back and forth between the shelf and the cash register picking up stuff, or you can just get a big basket/cart and keep throwing stuff in your basket. With RAM, you can just keep suspending applications, or throwing application memory onto the storage drive, or you can keep it all in memory in which you can just quickly switch back and forth.
    The sweet spot is where you have just enough RAM to support the maximum number of applications. Beyond that, any additional RAM added is useless. For most desktop/laptop computers, the average user will optimally need 4GB. So for a phone to have 2GB, is pretty decent.
    12-24-12 11:29 AM
    rumour confirmed by another rumour. Could be true
    12-24-12 11:54 AM
    LOL. Confirmation by BlackBerry Leaks is not a confirmation.
    12-24-12 02:33 PM
    So what does this mean for BB10 on the PlayBook with its 1GB of RAM?
    12-24-12 02:53 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is simply to ensure that the crucial first devices have zero chance (rather than a slight one) of underperforming when multitasking as presumably bb10 will continue to be optimised after this first release, but the first release is obviously going to form the basis of all the early reviews of the new devices and will be vital for the company's longterm stability.

This increase in ram is another reason why I suspect we won't be seeing an early release of bb10 for playbook, they will have more time to optimise memory usage when things have calmed down a little after the first two launches.
    12-24-12 03:01 PM
    12-25-12 06:30 PM