I am at my wits end. I have used Blackberry for more than ten years and have never encountered a problem like this. My phone will keep randomly disconnected from T-mobile network as well as BIS for periods of up to an hour all while showing a full 4G signal. I switched the network selection mode to manual and that seemed to help, but a few days later, it is right back to where it started. I really want to get a Ten series, but, at this point I might switch early to another company. I love Blackberry, but the fundamental point of a phone is to remain connected the network. It also annoyed me that RIM refused to mail a new a keyboard. There is no reason why a phone that has been perfectly taken care of should have the silver fall off after three month of use, it was clearly a design fault. I also know for a fact it isn't a network issue, it is maybe something in the radio stack. Does any one have any suggestions?
    12-21-12 01:21 PM
    After 10 years with BlackBerries, I'd expect you'd know.....

The phone is warrantied through the carrier. They need to replace it for defects in workmanship.

The network connection falls on the carrier too. Could be you need a different OS (I don't know which you've tried), or there's a setting the carrier needs to fix from their end, or the antenna is defective.

I'm sorry, but after 10 years, with BB10 so close to release, your post is hard to swallow.
    12-21-12 08:34 PM
    I am at my wits end. I have used Blackberry for more than ten years and have never encountered a problem like this. My phone will keep randomly disconnected from T-mobile network as well as BIS for periods of up to an hour all while showing a full 4G signal. I switched the network selection mode to manual and that seemed to help, but a few days later, it is right back to where it started. I really want to get a Ten series, but, at this point I might switch early to another company. I love Blackberry, but the fundamental point of a phone is to remain connected the network. It also annoyed me that RIM refused to mail a new a keyboard. There is no reason why a phone that has been perfectly taken care of should have the silver fall off after three month of use, it was clearly a design fault. I also know for a fact it isn't a network issue, it is maybe something in the radio stack. Does any one have any suggestions?
    I'm on AT&T and have been having the same problem for the past 2-3 months.Very frustrating. Several times a day. Toggling my network off/on fixes it for a time (sometimes seconds, sometime hours). I have a theory that the carriers and RIM are making significant changes as well as testing their networks for BB10 release and it's having a significant negative affect on BES/BIS connectivity.
    12-21-12 08:40 PM
    Try speaking with your carrier directly. there are lots of potential causes in that mix and almost none of them are RIM. If all else fails though the carrier should be able to pass you to RIM for troubleshooting.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-21-12 09:26 PM
    I really think you both need to contact customer service, get tech support, and have them reactivate you. Doesn't seem like a RIM server issue at all. If there was a BIS update rolling, the forum would be swamped with posts by now, especially considering you both have had problems for months.
    12-21-12 09:28 PM
    A 9810 on BES, a 9810 on BIS, and a 8900 on BIS. All having similar issues. At home and at work. Wifi and cell network.
    12-21-12 09:51 PM
    Too many discrepencies here. BIS/BES, OS5/OS7, Carrier and Wi-fi, Work and Home.
    With the devices there isn't enough in common to point to a RIM problem.

Try testing with Wi-Fi only, Carrier network only, and document the results. Also remove the BES device from the BES and test both phones in a similar state.

Other than that you need to determine when it started and what changed in the environment.
    12-21-12 10:24 PM
    I didn't actually say it was a RIM problem. I'd sooner think it's an AT&T problem. I pointed out the variety of models having problems to make it clear it isn't one specific phone having issues (i.e., not a warranty problem), and it isn't one type of network (i.e., not my router). It's a general problem of daily multiple disconnections from BIS/BES that's been going on for two to three months. Not playing with my BES connection as I'm not the administrator and I'm not going to try to get them to give me new activation codes over the holiday break.
    12-21-12 10:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-cingu...light=newburgh

I understand

Hopefully you can resolve it with at&t.
    12-21-12 11:59 PM
    I have seen the same issue from time to time on our 9900's since I'v had them for 1 year and a half...on all of them. I have also seen that same behavior on previous models. It's not new. There has never been any resolution to that issue. A radio on/off usually fixes, when it occurs. A device reboot daily usually resolves these types of issues. I have 9900's on Bell/ Koodo and T-Mobile and they all have the issue, regardless of the OS. It's a RIM thing...like certain other OS deficiencies that have been in their buggy OS's for years and are still unresolved. I do believe that iPHONES and Andriod devices also have their own share of "stupidisms" as well. The issues are NOT limited to RIM; they exist across all devices and platforms.
    12-22-12 12:20 AM
    I have seen the same issue from time to time on our 9900's since I'v had them for 1 year and a half...on all of them. I have also seen that same behavior on previous models. It's not new. There has never been any resolution to that issue. A radio on/off usually fixes, when it occurs. A device reboot daily usually resolves these types of issues. I have 9900's on Bell/ Koodo and T-Mobile and they all have the issue, regardless of the OS. It's a RIM thing...like certain other OS deficiencies that have been in their buggy OS's for years and are still unresolved. I do believe that iPHONES and Andriod devices also have their own share of "stupidisms" as well. The issues are NOT limited to RIM; they exist across all devices and platforms.
    Eh?
    12-22-12 06:55 AM