I get the following error when trying to access email using native email:

An Unexpected Problem Occurred with [pop email account]. Some features may not be working correctly.

My email was working just fine up until about 4 days ago. Since then, I am able to send but can only receive after a reboot, or after changing the the account settings and re-saving. I then download the most recent emails, and then this error shows up and I cannot download any new emails until I reboot or re-save the account settings.

Things I have tried: 3 finger reset, delete and reinstall (many times) the account, update OS to 1314 and do all of these all over again.

This is an Incoming only problem, I am able to send but not receive. I can use webmail just fine on the PB, and also Outlook on my laptop works fine with the same exact settings as the Playbook. Also, I can access my gmail, facebook and linkedin email accounts just fine through the native app. I set up the Android email program and it also works fine but I prefer the native app if I can get it working again.

Any ideas??
    TIA
    12-21-12 12:15 PM
    Had the same message today, just entered password and save and haven't seen it since.
    12-21-12 02:31 PM
    Had the same message today, just entered password and save and haven't seen it since.
    The error comes back for me each time it checks for new mail.
    12-21-12 02:41 PM
    Try reloading email account
    12-21-12 02:43 PM
    Try reloading email account
    Thanks, I have done that numerous times, it makes no difference.
    12-21-12 02:59 PM
    I get the "Unexpected" message also while opening email in native format. So I just click on the wireless server and it works again. I wonder if it has to do with strength of wireless connection and/or number and complexity of incoming email files (i.e., lots of graphics, like in current seasonal ads from dept stores and other on-line vendors)
    12-21-12 03:57 PM
    I get the "Unexpected" message also while opening email in native format. So I just click on the wireless server and it works again. I wonder if it has to do with strength of wireless connection and/or number and complexity of incoming email files (i.e., lots of graphics, like in current seasonal ads from dept stores and other on-line vendors)
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will try this.
    12-21-12 04:59 PM
    I am having the same problem. I go into my accounts and retype my password, it reconnects, downloads the new email, then disconnects again. Very frustrating!
    12-21-12 05:41 PM
    Since the update you may need to change your pop settings and resave.
    12-21-12 06:12 PM
    I did this and my native email now works fine. Delete email account. Three finger restart. Add new mail account. Immediately do three finger restart, do not check email until PB restarts again. Email now works fine.
    12-22-12 09:44 AM
    This started to my PB a few days ago. I can delete the account, add the account, and it will work and load/sync. Then it stops and I get the email error message again. I have tried all the suggestions above, but continue to get the error message. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as this is a pain to have to keep deleting and adding the account everytime I want to check my mail.
    Thanks.
    01-19-13 08:13 AM
    I had this with my gmail account. I have no idea why - but the settings had switched to an imap, which seemed to by the issue. For me switching to a Microsoft exchange account & using m.google.com as the server sorted this problem out, in addition to the slow deletion of items. Don't know what email provider you're dealing with but for Gmail this sorts this out. I've had no probs with my other account - which is an OWA but again using the webmail as server address.
    01-19-13 11:07 AM
    I have Comcast.net as my email account.
    01-19-13 11:48 AM
    Same thing has happened today. Is it a PB problem or a Comcast issue?
    01-30-13 06:06 PM
    This problem reappeared for me. This is a pop account with network solutions. I am deleting and recreating the email account and hopefully it will work again.\

UPDATE: fixed using my instructions above. Make sure to restart before checking mail.
    Last edited by mpcook; 02-10-13 at 06:23 AM.
    02-06-13 04:24 PM
    Does it actually say "occurred"? -my message says "occured" which is not even a real word. It is bad enough the message appears, but RIM cannot even use spell check on their system messages. LOL

I have deleted and recreated my account several time ... This all started with the last upgrade to the O/S.
    06-13-13 02:48 PM