After having my playbook for a year, I decided to encourage others to pick one up.

Simple really, I told them all I understood their financial situation and that they may be looking for a tablet for christmas.
    After a year, there is no reason why they shouldn't chose the playbook over the other market choices.

It does everything I have needed and provides a great web browsing experience.
    I was honest about the apps, and explained the intergration for BB10 and that you did not have to buy a new version with Blackberry, you could just simply update it.

Anyway, thought I would share. I actually got some phone calls and a few people went out to pick one up.
    Any ideas on the best place to purchase a playbook at the current time?

Thanks guys, hope you are all doing great
    12-18-12 11:39 AM
    You could always order online. I know RIM offers it online, as well as local electronic stores. Right now, I believe FutureShop has the lowest price without discount.
    12-18-12 11:50 AM
    Somewhat related, is the Shop BlackBerry - US Site down for everyone else too or is it just me? I've not been able to access it for over a month.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-19-12 at 11:10 AM.
    12-18-12 12:04 PM
    seems to be the best place w/ plenty of stock...

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook

note: link was copied from playbook page but takes you to phones & accessories,,, just click on tablets on top of page...
    12-18-12 12:11 PM
    Great! Thank You
    12-18-12 12:25 PM
    YW........
    12-18-12 12:33 PM
    Bought 2 from Amazon.
    12-18-12 12:39 PM
    Somewhat related, ks the Shop BlackBerry - US Site down for everyone else too or is it just me? I've not been able to access it for over a month.
    Says unavailable.
    12-18-12 01:17 PM
    After having my playbook for a year, I decided to encourage others to pick one up.
    Shortly after your acquaintances stopped laughing hysterically, they pushed you to the ground, repeatedly kicked you, and stole your lunch money. I am kidding. I was expecting a dramatic posting after reading the thread title.
    12-18-12 01:27 PM
    You should feel really good. I know I do.
    12-18-12 01:27 PM
    Same here in the last month I've talked two into buying PB'S and it wasn't that I did much talking just them seeing me with the tablet everywhere convinced them to give the PB a try.
    12-18-12 01:33 PM
    Good work! I know I have wanted one for a loooong time and would encourage everyone to go Blackberry as well.
    12-18-12 02:22 PM
    Try Walmart
    12-18-12 02:57 PM
    It seems to be a popular device. I have one, my gf has one, a friend has one. I was on holiday in Dubrovnik 2 months ago and saw a guy walking around the old town recording video with one!! I heard of a lot of ppl buying them too. But they still get little press. They're like the vampires of the tablet world.
    12-18-12 02:58 PM
    It seems to be a popular device. I have one, my gf has one, a friend has one. I was on holiday in Dubrovnik 2 months ago and saw a guy walking around the old town recording video with one!! I heard of a lot of ppl buying them too. But they still get little press. They're like the vampires of the tablet world.
    Well, two former execs sucked the life blood out of the pb and the company.
    12-18-12 05:40 PM
    I'm up to about 10 now.
    12-18-12 07:40 PM
    i've convinced my mate to get one, so he's getting one for xmas, finally someone to video chat with...but all my other friends have iPads, but least i get to side load apps on for my mate
    12-19-12 10:45 AM
    i've convinced my mate to get one, so he's getting one for xmas, finally someone to video chat with...but all my other friends have iPads, but least i get to side load apps on for my mate
    Are you saying your mate's BlackBerry PlayBook is transgender or transvestite or simply gender confused?
    12-19-12 12:06 PM
    i figure i publicly endorse the PB everyday by carrying it with me all the time and using it... i always catch people looking over my shoulder on the train
    12-19-12 12:45 PM
    Im on mine in a hotel in bremen, germany right now. Surfing over bridge. Wifi costs 10€ here at the hotel, thank god i dont have a normal wifi only tablet.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-19-12 01:13 PM
    Same here, one of my budddy bought an android base tablet and didnt like. I told him he shouldve bought a playbook=p He bought one the next day eh
    12-19-12 08:48 PM
    Great to hear guys! I just wanted to tell people that the option was out there as they only hear about the products shoved down their throat.

It is cost effective and does everything the rest do
    PS....My keyboard on the playbook is lagging very bad, and almost scared to show folks how it works.

So far 3 people have called me and said they are going to get a Playbook.
    12-20-12 11:22 AM