Hey Guys! As you know the Good e-Reader Playbook and Android App Store, is seeing a fair amount of traffic and users downloading stuff. In the last 3 or 4 months we have been having crashes and slow page loads, which in turn affect downloads. I have made a new sub-domain for the app store, located at apps.goodereader.com

can i get a few people to access the site, download a bunch of stuff, and see if everything works? If you notice any glaring errors, please let me know. The same goes with our Playbook app store client, can you still use it and access all the content? I will be away on holidays starting WED, so i won't be able to test things myself. If people got any value our of my FREE site, can a few people help out a good KOZ?

Run in there and test a few things now, while we continue to make tweaks, we are moving the database, the mobileAPI and a bunch of the files. I just want to make sure the transition is smooth. Thanks!
    12-18-12 03:10 AM
    I just used the playbook app store client and it correctly identified the updated box 2.0.1 and downloaded it.

This could be because you copied to apps.goodereader and then updated box but on apps.goodereader, went to business and productivity, searched for box then followed the link and when I went to download it showed Box_1.8.51.bar instead of 2.0.1
    12-18-12 03:51 AM
    The switch maybe did not capture anything i did in the last 2 or 3 hours. You can still get the updated file from Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook Android Apps

This is extreamly in progress right now. ill let you know, once we 301 re-direct everything from the old /apps/ to the new one.
    12-18-12 04:18 AM
    Hey, I just updated the commenting system! Before we had disqus. I installed i new one called livefyre or something. It actually is cool. Commenting system is way more advanced and you can see how many other people are viewing a particular app. You could also share links to apps and posts via a new social way to twitter/facebook/linkedin and whatnot. Seems to be more stable and lightweight too. Please also give me your thoughts on this new system. All the old posts, comments, discussion have been preserved and carried over.
    ismael280373 likes this.
    12-18-12 04:39 AM
    Ok, the move is now complete

apps.goodereader.com is the place to go. the old site will redirect you. The app store seems to work and all apps seem to work. I need people to help test the app and the apps.goodereader.com site. Let me know about any funny business.
    12-18-12 07:20 AM
    I've been to your website plenty of time... but it's never been as slow as it currently is.
    Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market
    12-18-12 01:58 PM
    well, thanks for the 2 testers that actually responded. I guess i should re-evaulaute even doing conversions anymore. seems no one is even using the site.
    12-18-12 04:40 PM
    I tried it earlier and it seemed slugish. not sure if that was due to my signal though.

will try it again later
    12-18-12 05:10 PM
    don't stop converting! i'll hit the site in about 1h and download like a mofo.
    12-18-12 05:17 PM
    the site itself on my playbook is no go. Search is broken as well as app links. The app is no go as well, or maybe I have to update it? Trying on different different devices now.
    12-18-12 06:29 PM
    Ok actually its working pretty darn well on my ipad3... Downloads are fast, page is loading almost instantly. Same results for macbook.

Link and site are working decently with Dolphin HD on my playbook but not on native browser.
    12-18-12 06:39 PM
    Goodereader app store client on playbook video wouldn't connect this evening until I rebooted. Then I had to go to my apps twice before the list opened, at which point it told me there was an update of box to version 20.01
    12-18-12 07:07 PM
    The Playbook app store client wasn't working for me either. I rebooted my Playbook and everything seems to instantly load again. I recommend to reboot your playbook if you open the good e-reader app store client for playbook and nothing appears on the main page. Search also works, i tried searching for Kindle and it worked.

I installed a new cache plugin, this could be doing some weird things. I think, its all due to DNS resolving? We are 301 redirecting everything from the old site to the new site. But all the files, mobile API, scripts and tne entire wordpress build was basically cloned and transferred over. We also edited most of the old calls to the old site
    12-18-12 07:28 PM
    the site itself on my playbook is no go. Search is broken as well as app links. The app is no go as well, or maybe I have to update it? Trying on different different devices now.
    try rebooting your playbook, that worked for me. I think devices might be doing stuff with the DNS and whattnot, rebooting seems to fix the problem. It did at lest for me.
    12-18-12 07:31 PM
    Rebooted, saw my apps, clicked on a few link and app forced close. On app restart, cant see my apps and links dead. Rebooting now to see if it fixes things again.
    12-18-12 07:45 PM
    I just made a new change. Seems to work. It now has the app name in the title. So when i paste links like this, you see the app name instead of the old "Good e-Reader Android and Playbook App Store" This is more intuitive i think.

Amazon Cloud Drive Photos for Playbook - New Blackberry Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market

this is an example of the new way links are displayed with the app title in the name. HORAY!
    Last edited by kozmonaut; 12-18-12 at 07:57 PM.
    12-18-12 07:46 PM
    Ok I think I broke it lol. App wont start after reboot and will close after showing the bb logo. Reinstalling app in progress.
    12-18-12 07:52 PM
    Cool. I love the new SEO change I made. Before on my back-end all i could see is the category people are browsing. I know see this

#22 - Guest ******* on December 18, 2012 @ 8:49 pm
    Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market � Archive ooVoo Video Call for Playbook - � Blackberry Playbook Android Apps [url] [referral]

#23 - Guest ******* on December 18, 2012 @ 8:49 pm
    Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market � Archive DIRECTV for Playbook - � Blackberry Playbook Android Apps [url] [referral]

#24 - Guest ******* on December 18, 2012 @ 8:49 pm
    Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market � Archive � Essential Android Tablet Applications [url] [referral]

#25 - Guest ******* on December 18, 2012 @ 8:48 pm
    Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market � Archive Fart Sound Board for Playbook - � Blackberry Playbook Android Apps [url] [referral]
    12-18-12 07:54 PM
    12-18-12 07:56 PM
    does ddpb and sideloaded BAR files work on bb10 phones? If so, can someone who has a bb10 dev alpha 1-2 device send me a PM?
    12-19-12 05:10 AM
    I just tried the site again. I'm still going through my desktop browser, and it's still painfully slow. After 2 minutes of "loading" the site, I gave up and closed the tab. That's in both Chrome and IE on Windows 7.
    12-19-12 09:42 AM
    im going on holiday, ill try and work on this in the next few days.
    12-19-12 11:38 AM
    Everything seems to be working, just that pages take more than the usual time to load. Once you click the download button, however, the file downloads very quickly!

So in my testing, the browsing was slow, but downloads were fast.
    12-19-12 03:15 PM
    I've noticed the playbook app keeps closing when trying to browse the site.

hopefully this is just the app
    12-19-12 05:14 PM
    BTW, that Winamp app has never worked for me. I don't know about the others, but I tried installing it on 2 different PB and it force closes on both devices as soon as I open it.
    12-20-12 09:20 AM
32 12