I have tested my app thoroughly and literally thousands of you have downloaded it and, as far as I know, it runs well. Of course, there are occasional problems caused by app world glitches. These situations are certainly annoying but are quite rare - only a handful of people have sought assistance. If the app fails to start after installation, or there is no icon on the home screen, simply delete the app, then (and ths is very important) restart the device. Upon return to App World after the reboot, simply reinstalll the app and things should be okay.

If you still have problems, please write to me at my support email address. I would appreciate it very much if you did not post a nasty review. Although this tactic certainly gets my attention, it is not particularly helpful because I have no way of communicating with you. If you are not satisfied with the app and you would prefer a refund, this can be arranged. The address is [email protected].
    12-17-12 09:31 PM
    As someone who's emailed the support address before, I can confirm that buzz is quite fast at responding and always helpful!
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    12-17-12 09:42 PM
    I have yet to encounter any problems with your app It is a favourite of my niece and nephews when we go camping throughout the summer I even got a chance to use it in Portugal during my 2 week vacation in July. Thank you for creating a very useful and easy to use app for my beloved PlayBook
    Herve5 and BuzzStarField like this.
    12-18-12 12:18 PM
    Just a short story. When PlayBook was early in its release and there were very few apps out there, What's up was one of the most talked about and most loved apps out there. It was touted here and other places as an example of what great PlayBook apps could be. It was one of the earliest apps to use the magnetometer and GPS, at least it was touted by many as examples of integrating and showing off that hardware. I remember reading posts by members talking about using the app in their back yards, camping, on vacation, for school projects, etc, and being so excited for the time to come when I could get a PlayBook and use What's up!

I can say that early on, this app is one of the reasons I wanted to get a PlayBook, and I have enjoyed it and have enjoyed showing it off to others!
    12-18-12 12:29 PM
    This is one of the most perfect uses for a tablet; taking it outside and just holding it up to the sky. It's a wonderful app and I've had zero problems with it. One extra great use for it is just to get info on your GPS fix. By tapping on the coordinates in the top left you can choose to reset them by GPS and watch the tracking events come in and also get an idea of your horizontal accuracy. That's totally worth the price of admission for me.
    12-18-12 12:41 PM
    I have to agree. I like the app as well.

As a developer, myself, I make it a point to answer every email I receive about my apps, and as quickly as possible. If someone reports a bug to me, I note the people who have reported it and email them again once the bug is fixed.

Good communication goes a long way. Bad communication can bite you in the a$$ quickly.
    12-18-12 01:26 PM
    Dumb question but what is the name of the app? New bie here
    12-18-12 02:18 PM
    Dumb question but what is the name of the app? New bie here
    What's Up.

It kicks ***.

Sent from my BB10 Kickass SmartCube
    12-18-12 05:16 PM
    @GV2012, What's Up is the name of the app. Well done app, and a real pleasure to use. I have a lot of big windows in my family room and sometimes I see a big bright star in the sky and tap app, point, tap, voila! This is truly what an app should be.
    12-18-12 05:22 PM
    Okay thanks. Weird thing(and this has happened to me a few times before) I typed in whatSapp into the search box for app world and nothing but non related app comments up. I typed same thing in Google and it comes up then direct me auto back to app world. Okay my spelling wasn't perfect but it should have shown up in app world first time..what gives?

Edit: ok I think I know now(may be) I am on a playbook and this app is not made for playbook so app world recognized this? I think I remember reading something like that in the app description ??
    12-18-12 06:47 PM
    What's Up and WhatsApp are two completely different apps.

What's Up it's a really good star map app.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-18-12 07:15 PM
    Oh baby yes I. Put in whatSapp by mistake haha

Ok Thanks for the correction
    12-18-12 08:11 PM
    Oh baby yes I. Put in whatSapp by mistake haha

Ok Thanks for the correction
    You are not alone. I get a few emails per month from people asking where their messages went. I always answer respectfully but sometimes it hard to be diplomatic. One time, I even got a review obviously intended for whatsapp.. It said some nice things.but I asked RIM to delete it anyway.

I really appreciate the kind words expressed by posters in this thread..I haven't had much time to spend here lately and I do miss the opportunity to exchange ideas. After some unavoidable delays, I am currently working on the BB10 version. I hope that the uncluttered UI will be a good fit for the smaller-but-higher-resolution screen. The new version should be ready by launch date... and I am pleased to say that it will be available for free to those who have purchased the PB version.
    DocDRM, Herve5 and adi_vastava like this.
    12-19-12 11:46 PM
    Some more friendly advice: When you post a review, make sure that you are looking at the right app and make sure that your comment is more or less helpful to other potential customers. While I LOVE to get 5-star ratings, the one posted yesterday is a bit difficult to comprehend. Perhaps one of you can explain it to me.

Title: misz
    Created Date: Dec 20, 2012 5:29:06 PM
    Release: 1.5.5
    Review Body:
    super, polecam.
    12-21-12 01:18 PM
    Some more friendly advice: When you post a review, make sure that you are looking at the right app and make sure that your comment is more or less helpful to other potential customers. While I LOVE to get 5-star ratings, the one posted yesterday is a bit difficult to comprehend. Perhaps one of you can explain it to me.

Title: misz
    Created Date: Dec 20, 2012 5:29:06 PM
    Release: 1.5.5
    Review Body:
    super, polecam.
    Misz liked your app so much she wants to do a super pole dance with a cam?
    adi_vastava likes this.
    12-21-12 01:54 PM
    Misz liked your app so much she wants to do a super pole dance with a cam?
    Perhaps...

I have done some research. "Polecam" refers to a video camera mounted on a special type of lightweight and very portable crane. It can be set up in seconds and is used for location shoots. I see that there are many videos featuring Misz Dattu posted on the web. What all this has to do with my app is uncertain.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    12-21-12 02:47 PM
    cant wait for the BB10 version Buzz. The playbook version is just marvellous
    12-23-12 09:35 AM