Hello this is my first post on the forum please be gentle with me.

I recently upgraded to BBM 7 on my bold 9790 and have not been able to open since. It keeps saying cannot set up BBM a temporary BBM server error has occurred. I have tried deleting and installing again, taking the battery out and rebooting but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do. I have also updated the network time, sent the service books and registered the host routing table. All my other blackberry services are working fine including my I'd I can still purchase apps through application world.
    12-16-12 06:52 AM
    I have recently updated to BBM7 on my 9900 and since then it has dissapeared from the screen so cannot access it even though it still shows as a downloaded/installed app in my app world!!
    There seems to be an increasing number of people having a problem with this so Blackberry needs to resolve it quickly to avoid anymore negative publicity short of the launch of the new BB10
    12-16-12 09:03 AM
    Two distinct issues.

OP - It sounds like a server problem, but try Options->Host Routing Table->menu->Register Now. Wait a couple minutes, pull the battery for a minute and replace.

Post #2 - Delete BBM on your device, reboot, open App World, open your world, hold alt, press r s t. Reopen App World and install BBM again.
    12-16-12 09:22 AM
    Thanks BigBadWulf,

I went to - BlackBerry Messenger and downloaded BBM again and it seems to have overwritten previous version again and now seems to be ok as well as appearing on the screen once more, thank you for your advice though it is much appreciated.
    12-16-12 09:32 AM
    Yay lan! That's great

@dange2 - Does BBID work elsewhere, such as App World?
    Edit - are you on cellular or Wi-Fi?
    12-16-12 09:56 AM
    Hello BigBadWolf thanks for your response I tried the registering of host routing table and the reboot but did not work Yeah my BBID works everywhere else apply world etc. I've tried on cellular and wifi but still saying BBM server error.
    12-16-12 10:26 AM
    Well dang dange!

Best advice I can give, is to contact your carrier customer support, who'll transfer you to they're tech support, who will probably transfer you to RIM support.

Good luck, and let us know.
    12-16-12 11:15 AM
    Typically when the icon disappears from your device it means that you've selected the option to "reboot later" but forgot to.

For the problematic BBID the basic troubleshooting seems to be covered but some advice before a major upgrade:
    1. Backup your device, especially if it has been working perfectly - new software regardless of its intentions can cause snags
    2. Stop all other running processes except the core services on your device, most times they won't cause any issue but it's better safe than sorry.

For troubleshooting:
    1. Sign out of your BBID and sign back in via appworld, also attempt to sign in from the mobile browser
    2. Please post the exact text of the error message you receive
    3. Roll back to your previous BBM version, reset your BBID password via the website, login via appworld to test, re-install BBM 7

If all else fails try twitter @BlackBerryHelp they are pretty good with knowledge base articles for problems if they exist.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-16-12 02:07 PM
    Thanks will get in touch with my carrier.
    12-16-12 04:28 PM
    i have the Black berry curve and BBM 7.0 doesn't work on my phone. I've tried to remove it and install it again but i get the same error. I've also tried registering the device via host routing tables but still the same error. and now is doesn't even give me the error it just says welcome to blackberry messenger and thats it help me out here.
    12-17-12 09:36 AM
    i have the Black berry curve and BBM 7.0 doesn't work on my phone. I've tried to remove it and install it again but i get the same error. I've also tried registering the device via host routing tables but still the same error. and now is doesn't even give me the error it just says welcome to blackberry messenger and thats it help me out here.
    Which model curve do you have, and where do you live?
    12-17-12 09:45 AM
    I am having the same problem and i have tried registering with the Host Routing Table but to no avail. However i am scared that if i delete BBM on my Bold 9900 that i will lose all my contacts?
    12-17-12 11:38 AM
    I am having the same problem and i have tried registering with the Host Routing Table but to no avail. However i am scared that if i delete BBM on my Bold 9900 that i will lose all my contacts?
    Instead of deleting, try downgrading instead, though the contacts should remain linked via the RIM servers and BBID.

OTA BlackBerry Messenger v6.2.0.56 OS7.1
    12-17-12 11:47 AM
    is there anyway i can download BBM 6.2 or whatever it was before the 7.0 patch and i live in Newcastle and how do i find out what model it is
    12-17-12 12:22 PM
    is there anyway i can download BBM 6.2 or whatever it was before the 7.0 patch and i live in Newcastle and how do i find out what model it is
    Yes, see my post above yours
    12-17-12 04:37 PM
    emm what should i do with that link its like loads of code am not good with the whole phone computing stuff :/
    12-18-12 02:25 AM
    Click it from your phone. It's an Over The Air install.
    12-18-12 06:09 AM
    i have blackberry curve 9360 and i download bbm 7 and it doesn't work , helpp me or give me link to install bbm 6
    12-18-12 07:41 AM
    i have blackberry curve 9360 and i download bbm 7 and it doesn't work , helpp me or give me link to install bbm 6
    http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...2/#post7787189
    meromoon likes this.
    12-18-12 07:52 AM
    ok so I've used that link on my phone it says the download was successful over the bowers i check my applications it says i have black berry messenger 6.2 now. but how do i open it to use as there is no BBM symbol on my home screen or in any of my apps :/
    12-18-12 10:08 AM
    Check in AppSwitcher (hold the BlackBerry key). If it's not there, go to Options->Host Routing Table->menu->Register Now->okinute and do a battery pull. See if it's there now, and if not delete BBM through the Application List, reboot and install from the link again.
    12-18-12 10:16 AM
    nope tried all that still hasn't worked am just not sure what to do it says i have 6.2 but i can open it or run it. even when i go to set-up and click black berry messenger nothing happens
    12-18-12 11:49 AM
    I have recently updated to BBM 7 on my curve 9320 and after it tries to associate with bbm with bbid it comes up as "a temporary bbm server error has occured" . i have version 7.1.0 bundle 1319
    so can someone help me fast
    12-18-12 02:23 PM
    For now I'd suggest downgrading, via the link I posted earlier.

If ya'll could post your carrier/location, and edit your profile details so they always are there, it would be quite helpful.
    12-18-12 05:33 PM
    Try resetting the BBID password:

KB26361-How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

To change the BlackBerry ID password, complete the following:

From a Computer:

Visit BlackBerry ID - BlackBerry Login - Sign In to Apps & Services - US from a PC or BlackBerry smartphone browser.
    Click Log in.
    Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and password, then click Sign In.
    Click Account Details.
    Next to Password, click Edit.
    Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click Save.
    Click Done to exit from the BlackBerry ID account information screens.
    From a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry 6:

Navigate to Options > Third Party Applications > BlackBerry ID.
    Click on Change next to BlackBerry ID Password.
    Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click OK.
    A confirmation message will display Your password has been successfully changed.
    Click OK.
    From a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry 7:

Navigate to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID.
    Click on Change next to BlackBerry ID Password.
    Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click OK .
    A confirmation message will display Your password has been successfully changed.
    Click OK.
    From a BlackBerry Playbook with BlackBerry PlayBook OS:

Navigate to the Options icon.
    Select BlackBerry ID.
    Click on the Edit button next to Change Password.
    Enter in the current password, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again in the confirm password field, then click Submit.
    A confirmation message will display You have changed your password.
    Click OK.
    If the password for a BlackBerry ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, please use the following process to reset the password.

To generate a password reset email, please follow these steps:

Browse to the following location using the BlackBerry Browser or desktop browser: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword.
    Enter the BlackBerry ID email address and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit.
    A confirmation message will display A password reset email has been sent to [email protected], at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address' inbox.

Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the internet on a computer or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet.

Locate the BlackBerry ID password reset email in the inbox and select the link within the email.

The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from [email protected]. If the email is not found in the inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.

When the password reset page loads, enter the new password along with a confirmation of that new password. Then click Submit.

A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
    12-18-12 07:08 PM
58 123