I've set this thread up as a way to find which Web Mail Services do Contacts & Calendar Sync with BIS other than Google to easily share services that work instead of using the Blog comments on yesterdays post about Google pulling Sync support at the end of January next year.

I know to Yahoo, Microsoft (Don't know about outlook.com as it's not listed on the setup page on device) & AOL accounts do, but I don't know if they support Calendar as well as Mail & Contacts. Carrier BIS Accounts do (But without a Web Interface for Calendar, Contacts & Mail it's a bit useless though.

Roland
    12-16-12 03:40 AM
    After doing some digging around with my various webmail accounts The Windows Live ones that I've got outlook.com & hotmail.co.uk only do Contacts Syncing. Yahoo only do Contacts Syncing & AOL only do Contacts Syncing. Which only leaves Gmail which is loosing contacts & calendar Sync at the end of January and your Carriers BIS account which doesn't have a web Interface for anything at all. So the only way to go is a Hosted BES service that runs on BIS data or just leave Calendar Syncing to your account with your carrier or going to the expense of getting Windows Server, Exchange Server your own Domain and a Copy of BESX which is over kill for just Calendar & Contacts Sync.

Roland
    12-16-12 07:38 AM
    Rolandh,

I believe Zoho.com offer the services you've specified. Mail is delivered to the handset via pop or imap. Calendar and contact sync is performed using ActiveSync by running the Zoho sync application on your BlackBerry handset. Sign up for an @zoho.com email address or use your own domain name like the Google Apps platform. Hosting your own domain email with them is limited to 3 email address, unless you're willing to pay.

A link to the Zoho Mobile Sync setup page: Zoho Mobile Sync - BlackBerry
    12-30-12 08:59 AM
    I am hoping that Google will offer gmail active sync as a pay feature. Right now they offer to business, education, or government. Maybe they will offer to the user that is willing to pay but doesn't fit into the previous categories.
    12-30-12 10:45 AM
    Zoho delivers what you need.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    07-26-14 12:07 PM