I can't believe this is sooo difficult.

I finally had a breakthrough at 1 am and transferred videos and photos from my PB to Mac.

But now I can't transfer music (from CDs as mp3 files) onto the PB. Or anything else!

It is especially strange as it was easier to connect when I first got PB in July 2012 than it is now. Was there an Apple update which sent things awry?

Mac info: OSX Version 10.7.5
    12-15-12 05:09 PM
    You know, you might be better off by wirelessly connecting your PB to the Mac. In the finder window, click "go" in the upper menu items. Scroll down to "connect to server". You will need the UP address of your PB. Type that in and you should be able to connect. Try dragging and dropping files to and from your PB.

Hope that helps.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-16-12 05:41 PM
    Yes I can do that thanks, although the UP address which the Mac picks up is wrong by one digit and must be ascertained from the PB settings menu. But I want to back it up as well, and would appreciate a way of getting the BB Desktop Software to work!
    12-17-12 10:03 PM
    Yes I can do that thanks, although the UP address which the Mac picks up is wrong by one digit and must be ascertained from the PB settings menu. But I want to back it up as well, and would appreciate a way of getting the BB Desktop Software to work!
    01-28-13 03:16 PM
    There is a message KB32399 in the Blackberry Knowledge Base that says

"The BlackBerry Desktop software cannot connect with your device" when attempting to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook with BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

No fix is in store at the moment.
    01-28-13 03:21 PM
    I do the data load via Wifi sync. Works pretty well.

OP should try that instead. Trust me it works just fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 07:04 AM
    That KB32399 article has been sitting there for months with no resolution. Pretty lame.
    02-22-13 08:00 PM
    WiFi's not really an option if, like me, you have discovered that somewhere along the line the PlayBook has duplicated half the music files copied to it - and I am not talking about the mirrors in the android/shared folders. I have hundreds of files which have duplicates named "xxx_1.mp3" Since the Mac doesn't search network shares connecting via USB is the best option if you need to copy a large amount of files. It will literally take a day to copy the files over WiFi.

Like the OP I, too, have found that before the 2.0 update USB connection was not a problem. Now it only works via WiFi which, alas, is not good enough for some.
    04-16-13 05:09 AM