On my 8310 some media appears as Unknown artist, album, song title. Yet, in my desktop manager computer application the artist, album, song title are all named. Is there a way to correct this? I tried renaming the files in the desktop Media Manager application in an attempt to get recognition, but it still does not translate to the Blackberry.

Any ideas?

TY in advance!
    10-31-07 12:25 PM
    Did you get your songs from iTunes? Ripped from a CD?
    11-01-07 01:55 PM
    I am experiencing the identical problem. Some files ripped from cd's, others converted from MP4 (Itunes) with DRM removed.
    11-01-07 03:26 PM
    Downloaded files from iTunes are always protected. So if you transfer these files onto your BB, you will see it but won't be able to play it. And also, it would not appear on your Music Media for some reason even if you can actually see on your browser (computer).

I believe that we lost all Tracks' information after when we rip it back from the burned CD to unprotect it. I know that when I tried to save it on my local drive, it prompt me / warn me that I am losing all tracks' information (title, rate, album, etc). I think that would have been the time to get the info back but now I really wouldn't know. I will find out later tonight if I can get those infos back.
    11-01-07 04:04 PM
    Did you get your songs from iTunes? Ripped from a CD?
    I ripped the songs using Windows Media Player. The titles appear on the desktop manager, but not in the 8310. Ironically, downloaded songs appear in all devices.
    11-07-07 02:33 PM
    you need to adjust the ID3v1 TAGS on the songs themselves you can do this by downloading winamp, their are free versions available...if you need more help on "how to" feel free to pm me, you can grab winamp here,this will also allow you to assoc. a pic/album art as well, windows media player can do it as well, it just does it very poorly

Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-07-07 at 03:00 PM.
    11-07-07 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD