First time poster but thought these photos would be entertaining.

Got myself a Playbook for my birthday last month and ordered a charger on line.
    Gotta love Canada Post-pb-charger-3.jpg
    Gotta love Canada Post-pb-charger-1.jpg
    Gotta love Canada Post-pb-charger-2.jpg
    (ps. Seller has a replacement on the way)

Now if I can only get my son to use his iPad instead.
    dugggggg likes this.
    12-12-12 05:52 PM
    WTH. It looks melted!
    12-12-12 06:27 PM
    Thats friction.

Was it used as a brake disc?
    12-12-12 06:32 PM
    That's incredible!! Gotta love those cost saving ideas. Anything we can't fit in the truck.......we'll drag behind it!!
    FF22, bbmtna, DuexNoir and 1 others like this.
    12-12-12 06:37 PM
    with a lil shoe polish u can make that like new again. But holy crap. I would not of signed for that. Canada post is getting really bad these days.
    12-12-12 06:45 PM
    Do they have rabid guard dogs eating the mail?
    12-12-12 06:51 PM
    Here I thought it was going to be a funny on how Canadians post in forums
    12-12-12 07:07 PM
    WTF!

The magnetic prongs still look intact. I actually think it's still usable
    12-12-12 07:21 PM
    Some bondo and paint will fix that.
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-12-12 07:29 PM
    The charger appears to be broken into two piece. Are you sure Canada Post is the culprit? Maybe the explosives-sniffing machines decided to take a closer look. Was the original packaging resealed after it left the seller's custody?
    CairnsRock likes this.
    12-12-12 07:43 PM
    WTF!

The magnetic prongs still look intact. I actually think it's still usable
    Yeah, he just needs the BlackBerry Rapid Fire Extinguisher to go with it!!
    12-12-12 07:51 PM
    Should of had a "fragile" label on it.
    12-12-12 08:11 PM
    I would not of signed for that.
    Should of had a "fragile" label on it.
    Woulda shoulda have
    k_evjen likes this.
    12-12-12 08:35 PM
    Obviously, this was a dud when it was packaged and mailed. My charger -- bought new -- came in a box. Did you buy one 2nd hand from someone? The packaging looks fine. Why are you blaming Canada Post? I find their deliver service is great (Playbook accessories, cell phone delivered faster than promised in the past two weeks)
    12-12-12 08:42 PM
    Some bondo and paint will fix that.
    Unrelated: Saudadeii, is that a picture of the Gorn? Awesome!

Related: ****'ll buff out
    12-12-12 10:04 PM
    Unrelated: Saudadeii, is that a picture of the Gorn? Awesome!
    Yesssssssss.............
    12-12-12 10:10 PM
    Looks like it was smuggled by a very heavy man who walked a great distance to get it across the border. I hope he didn't have to "Kiester" the product.
    12-13-12 12:58 AM
    First time poster but thought these photos would be entertaining.

Got myself a Playbook for my birthday last month and ordered a charger on line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB charger 1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	128079
    That'll buff out.

Welcome to the forum.
    12-13-12 04:49 AM
    It got beat up by a band of rouge iPads in the back of the truck.
    12-13-12 06:02 AM
    The first tablet I bought (an Electrovaya, one where the case flipped around into a keyboard stand) was snapped in half by customs. They likely shrugged and taped it back up like nothing happened.

Canada Post has been okay for me so far, only issues have been the occasional newbie behind the counter who doesn't know how to find a package using the tracking info on my Berry or PlayBook. Cross-border shipments are always done by USPS because I can rely on the $5 brokerage fee, not some surprise amount billed to me after I accept the package as is the case with FedEx or UPS.
    12-13-12 06:47 AM
    That'll buff out.

Welcome to the forum.
    The insides were also damaged and the screws protrude from the bottom, I did try cleaning it up to try using just as a stand but the front lip was so worn down the Playbook just slips out.
    I guess the unit either got caught in a conveyer belt or pushed under the wheel of a truck, either way Canada Post just dropped it off so I did not have a chance to refuse delivery.
    12-13-12 08:01 AM
    Obviously, this was a dud when it was packaged and mailed. My charger -- bought new -- came in a box. Did you buy one 2nd hand from someone? The packaging looks fine. Why are you blaming Canada Post? I find their deliver service is great (Playbook accessories, cell phone delivered faster than promised in the past two weeks)
    Gotta love Canada Post-128078d1355355900t-gotta-love-canada-post-pb-charger-3.jpg
    The unit was new in original packaging but the photo is exactly as how it was delivered.
    Under normal circumstances the original box in a bubble wrap envelope is more than enough for mailing but looking at the damage no amount of packaging would have survived. The only reason the charger and packaging looks as good as it does is that the counter weight inside the unit held up to the pressure otherwise the whole thing would have been flatter than a pancake so who else is there to blame if not the carrier.
    When I did get a chance to ask my postal delivery guy what happened, oddly he just sort of shrugged his shoulders and avoided eye contact.
    Having ordered numerous items on line over the years this was definitely a first.

Anyway a replacement is on the way, in the meantime I managed to pick up a few at $14.00 during the Staples sale.
    12-13-12 09:16 AM
    Do a battery pull.
    12-13-12 11:44 AM
    Don't reckon that would pass the legal requirements for a PAT test these days! lol
    12-13-12 02:57 PM
    I'm trying to imagine how that could have ended up that way... here's my thought. The mail carrier had a mail bag on a golf-bag-carrier like thing and this item was on the bottom. The bag wasn't properly secured to the mail bag was dragging on the ground. The mail carrier was wearing headphones listening to his iPod or iPhone (see, it IS Apple's fault) and didn't hear the blood-curdling scraping / grinding / skidding noise of the bag and the item being worn down molecule by molecule. Then he arrives at the destination and what's he supposed to do? He's already accepted delivery of it into his bag, and can't just say it was undeliverable, so... you get a lovely surprise!
    12-14-12 01:18 PM
34 12