reloaded my 9810 and the ladies 9800 with new OS. I'm runniing 7.1-746.

Went to start Google maps and it won't get past the start screen.

Her's is no better.

Any advice??

Thank you.
    12-12-12 03:16 PM
    Same thing happening to me. I just loaded B@stard's Anticlockwise hybrid which I believe uses some components from the new OS
    12-13-12 12:09 PM
    Solution is not yet known. Wont let any new installs past terms and conditions.
    12-13-12 03:51 PM
    A lot of us are having the same problem but I managed to get mine back up and running by downloading the jar files and adding them to the SD card and installing from there.

The files you want are http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...eMapsPull.zip: Unzip the lot and move them to the SD card, go to Media, Menu, Explore Media Card and look for the jad file. There are a couple of versions on that file, all of them v 4.5.3. I tried a couple until I fell on the right one that worked.

I hope that this helps you out.
    12-13-12 06:30 PM
    A lot of us are having the same problem but I managed to get mine back up and running by downloading the jar files and adding them to the SD card and installing from there.

The files you want are http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...eMapsPull.zip: Unzip the lot and move them to the SD card, go to Media, Menu, Explore Media Card and look for the jad file. There are a couple of versions on that file, all of them v 4.5.3. I tried a couple until I fell on the right one that worked.

I hope that this helps you out.
    I've tried like your post and it appears as "The requested URL /mobile/hosted/maps/binaries/L1/4.5.3/GoogleMapsPull.zip: was not found on this server. That’s all we know."
    12-13-12 07:57 PM
    I have the same problem with my 9900 running OS7.1
    12-14-12 01:59 AM
    Google isn't very smart. They think if people want to use there products they will all switch to an Android phone.

I've given up on Google maps, BB maps works just fine for me.
    12-14-12 06:19 AM
    There's a simple work around, but I don;t recall exactly what it was.
    I think that's because there isn't one... A lot of chatter about this in the forums in the past few days. Multiple threads. Have a look
    12-14-12 08:01 AM
    There was a typo in the link, just remove the colon ":" at the end of the link and the download works.

And just confirming that i was able to successfully get google maps working again on my Blackberry Torch with this download.

Thanks!
    12-14-12 10:50 AM
    You had it work without the "Terms and Conditions" screen bug? How did you do that?

I tried every single .jad on the link provided but was never able to go further the Terms and Conditions screen... App crashed at that stage every time.
    12-14-12 11:18 AM
    Same here ...
    I tried also with a previous version ( 4.5.2 instead of 4.5.3 ) ... from
    http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...leMapsPull.zip
    The only difference was that at the first startup it asked if I want to upgrade to the new version 4.5.3, what shows me that it had Internet Connectivity to check the version.
    I skipped the upgrade option... and on the Terms & Conditions Screen same serious error. Before the error occurs, I can hit the Blackberry Button, but he only gives me 3 options, show keyboard, switch aplication, and "decline" ... no option to "accept" ...
    Then I tried to start Google Map in Flight mode, all connection disabled, to see if I could get locally past the T&C screen, without success.
    Next I enabled only WiFi connection, which gave a new screen, saying: This aplication requires a data connection....... please visit www.google.com/gmm on your computer for more info...
    but this page doesn�t exist anymore ...
    My shoot is that they removed the /gmm page, which held part of the T&C info for the BB app, and that�s why it bails out.
    Accepting the T&C probably sets an flag in a local file of the Blackberry devices, which gets lost when a device is wiped, and with the /gmm page offline it doesn�t get enabled again.

Franz
    12-15-12 06:48 AM
    Same here ...
    I tried also with a previous version ( 4.5.2 instead of 4.5.3 ) ...
    Try version 3 instead... it works perfectly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7780652
    12-15-12 07:04 AM
    This really works fine - thanks a lot for this post. And after installing V3 - open it - agree to terms and conditions - close it and update to V 4.5.3 - and it still works fine! That was exactly the solution I was looking for.
    12-17-12 06:25 AM
    Hey,

thanks for providing V3......I had no idea what was going on with Maps until I checked the forums.

I also can manually update to 4.5.3. It works but the shortcut symbol looks old, somehow broken and isnt animated anymore.

Google Maps stops working when you reset it via help menu -.- brings up the serious error message again.

When I open Maps V3 theres no auto online update (is that even possible?)

Using a Bold 9700 with latest OS
    Last edited by sutobe; 12-18-12 at 04:27 PM.
    12-18-12 12:57 PM
    Hey all,

I went back to my older software .649 and Maps loaded like a boss.

Thanks for the replies.
    01-08-13 09:51 PM