I did a search of the forums but could not find anything that answers my question.
    I am trying to find an app that allows somebody to text another person using their playbook. I know blackberry owners can do this via bridge. But what I am hoping to find is a stand alone app similar to TextPlus for the Apple products.
    My father is a senior and will not be buying a new cell phone anytime soon. He has a simple dumb phone that he never uses. It is pretty much for emergency only.
    He is hoping to find an app for the playbook that he could use to text my cell phone and as well as other family members.
    I know the are some IM apps out there but that is not what we need. My daughter is too young for a cell and has an ipod touch that she uses Text plus to send me a text when she wants to talk to me when I am not at the house.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    12-06-12 01:25 PM
    Look on goodereader they have some converted android text apps that work.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-06-12 02:09 PM
    Email to txt / sms works with most carriers. As in [email protected] for Bell Canada. So he would have to setup another email address for each family member. Not the greatest solution but workable
    Shannon McGee likes this.
    12-06-12 04:32 PM
    Both your suggestions are doable but I think a little bit tricky for my father o handle. He is across the country so I a not able to set it up for him and show him how to use these options. I must say I am surprised somebody has not yet created an app like his for the Playbook.
    12-06-12 06:03 PM
    Craig since your grandfather would have to have a WiFi connection running you might look into any of the Internet based SMS services he could use with the PlayBook's web browser.
    12-07-12 12:21 AM