Ever since I did the update to OS 7.1 from AT&T, at least ONCE a day the phone randomly shuts off, restarts and comes back on with a completely drained battery/no radio signal. I have seen it do it on its own on occasion but mostly it occurs when I am browsing. I think when I'm on the net with it whatever this error is the likelihood of it happening is increased. It takes forever to charge. Sometimes I can pull the battery and after the fourth or fifth time of restarting by command or battery pull, the phone works, albeit with 50% or less battery life. As soon as I use it for something, it turns off.

I have downgraded via computer to the previous OS, updated to the new system from several different computers now. Yesterday I downgraded, went home on my wi-fi network and did the update through the phone itself. Two times already today it has shut off. Typically when the phone is on the charger this does not happen.

What was scrambled? Anybody else experience this? Should I just take it back down to 7.0 as I wait for BB10? My phone is my life for work, and I am often out in the middle of nowhere and need a communication device for my own safety. What should I do? How can I fix it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    12-04-12 10:20 AM
    Hey JimDuba! Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with y our 9810. If it were me, I'd do a COMPLETE back up of any files you want to keep (contacts and calendar usually aren't necessary as you will resync after new install--but all 3rd party apps and any other apps you want).

Then, I'd download BBSAK from the internet to your PC (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife-Google it and download it-free) and then--hook your phone up to it --open up the program on the PC and completely wipe the phone (should see a white screen when done. Once wiped, I'd download a new OS-- either the .694 from AT&T or my new favorite is the .746 from Cincinnati Bell! Make sure and do a search on your PC for any and ALL VENDOR.XML files and DELETE them from the PC and the Recycle bin prior to installing! Next--install the new download if you haven't already, to your PC.

Next plug the phone in to the pc and open the AppLoader file found in :C\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ Loader (looks like a cell phone). Click on Loader and let it do its thing. It will ask you a couple of questions and give you a list of what you would like to have restored to your phone--and then it will install the new OS. If this doesn't work the only thing I can think of is it may be a bad battery (if it is, only buy original batteries as they are internally coded to work with certain phones and after market batteries usually do not work well if at all. If it isn't that, then I'd say you have an internal hardware problem. BTW, do not use wifi to upgrade your OS as often times there are problems with corrupted files due to breaks in the downloading via wifi. Good luck and I hope this helps and that someone else jumps in here with some other possible fixes. Keep us posted as to what happens so that others that may run into problems like this down the road will have a reference point to go to. Good Luck!
    12-04-12 01:17 PM
    You may have an app incompatability issue. What apps do you have on your pbone other than the native ones? Have tried another battery to see if that is the issue?
    12-04-12 02:41 PM
    You may have an app incompatability issue. What apps do you have on your pbone other than the native ones? Have tried another battery to see if that is the issue?
    I was thinking the same things, either a rouge app or bad battery. Also check that your sim and sd cards are properly seated.
    12-04-12 06:44 PM
    Please how did you do the downgrade? I really need it! Thank you!
    09-22-13 08:48 AM